Chicken Strips Gone from the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balasada

Banned
They are doing this to act like they care for your health. Just like when they changed the oil. Anything with trans fats is being eliminated. They want everyone to be healthy so you keep coming back to keep the cash cow machine operating.

dxwwf3

And on a side note... Disneyland chicken strips are NASTY!!! :hurl: I ordered them when I was there because I love the ones at WDW so much... and... ewwwwww. :lol: What a dissapointment.

That's interesting. I didn't get any strips there, but that is odd considering their counter service is miles ahead of WDW counter service, IMO. That's probably the biggest reason I didn't get any strips there, too many other options.

Shiloh

I was at the mk just yesterday. had lunch at the taco place across from Pirates. I was eating my tacos and one of the kids at the table next to me was having a melt down becasue he did not want tacos, he wanted chicken strips, so the dad went and asked a CM where they could buy chicken strips and she said Villlage hause had some, i hope she was right for that kids sake.

TTATraveler

I have had the "nuggets" at Cosmic Rays. They look and taste the same as the "strips" only they were smaller. If this is what Disney will be serving property wide, then I have no problems with that. If the new "nuggets" resemble the kind you would get at Wendys or McDonalds, then that is a huge let down in quality.

TTATraveler

They are doing this to act like they care for your health. Just like when they changed the oil. Anything with trans fats is being eliminated. They want everyone to be healthy so you keep coming back to keep the cash cow machine operating.

I guess the same could be said for Wendy's, McDonalds, KFC, and other fast food establishments as well other food companies who have eliminated trans fats from their products. They eliminated the trans fats so you would keep buying their products?

I haven' heard anyone say, "We're going back to Disney World next year because they eliminated trans fats and are serving healthy food."

The general trend within the last few years has been the move towards healthier oils and elimination of trans fats. I think it is only appropriate for Disney, Sea World, and Universal to follow that trend.

wannab@dis

Expect anything different?? Told ya no matter what Disney does, the online community will complain.... Change the name of a park (same park, new name) they complain.... Refurb a ride, they complain.... Change the size of the chicken strips, and they complain... :rolleyes:
Give them more and they complain!! :eek:

:rolleyes:

Balasada

Banned
They should leave the food alone. If they care about our health they should not have guests standing out in the sun, heat and humidity waiting for a parade or in line for a ride. If they cared about our health they would not subject the guests to breathing in the fumes when they are stuck behind a Disney bus with the exhaust fumes choking them.

MSTINKHERBELL01

Thanks to the OP for the info! I for one, am not a chicken strip fan....They just were not my thang:ROFLOL:. My gf, however loved them and made a sad face when she read this thread...:shrug:. For me, farewell chicken strips..

Sorry for the Ck. Strips fans out there!

TTATraveler

They should leave the food alone. If they care about our health they should not have guests standing out in the sun, heat and humidity waiting for a parade or in line for a ride. If they cared about our health they would not subject the guests to breathing in the fumes when they are stuck behind a Disney bus with the exhaust fumes choking them.

Um, I don't think Disney forces anyone to wait for the parade in the heat and humidity. It just so happens that if you want to see the parade, and be up front along the route, then you'll have to wait. The same goes for the rides and shows.

I cannot think of too many rides or attractions who's line queues are directly in the sun with no canopy or no indoor component to waiting. This is Florida and does get hot and humid. This is out of Disney's control.

As per the buses, I do agree with you there. Disney should be using more environmentally friendly buses. In addition, I really feel sorry for the cast members who have to work the Tomorrowland Speedway.

I still don't see the problem with Disney offering healthier food. So far, the healthier food hasn't resulted in horrible food quality. I haven't eaten anything yet that tastes worse because it contains no trans fats.

wdwmomof3

My kids love chicken fingers, strips & nuggets. Now when they remove it totally from the menu, I'll have a problem.

Oh yea, let's not forget HONEY MUSTARD!! They freak if there is no honey mustard to dip it in. :hammer:

Carolwood

Dining in Disney is becoming a real spoiler, between making advance dining reservations, which have become a major hassle, the dining plan, the awful changes to children's menus in full service restaurants and now this.
All of this has got me thinking about staying offsite for the first time in 15 years. I may become a day visiter in the future and do most of my dining off site.

goofyfan13

I was at the mk just yesterday. had lunch at the taco place across from Pirates. I was eating my tacos and one of the kids at the table next to me was having a melt down becasue he did not want tacos, he wanted chicken strips, so the dad went and asked a CM where they could buy chicken strips and she said Villlage hause had some, i hope she was right for that kids sake.

I was suprised when I saw the noodle station open. If I would have known that Pirata y el Perico was open I would have definitely eaten there...damn. :( Guess I should have checked the times guide.

TravisMT81

oh cool I did not know the Pirata y el Perico. And I would not have known about the chicken strips until I went to order them. I am glad I have taken the intial blow here at home and not at the park where I would have had a melt down hahaha :p

daliseurat

Huh. Well...I'm not sure how to react. On the one hand, this thread is so funny. But then, I have a feeling it's not a joke. So I suppose I'll react by screaming really loud.

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, are you kidding me? Fried Chicken Strips? Everyone is THIS upset over something you can eat just about anywhere else outside of WDW? And you all think it's just fine to let your kids eat nothing but fired chicken strips and Mac and cheese? No wonder we have such an obesity problem with children. No wonder Disney has had to revamp their menus to give people more healthy choices. This is why I refused to let my kid eat any type of chicken nugget until she was almost five. Does she like 'em? Sure. Me too. She can have 'em once a month. But I wouldn't allow my child to dictate her diet. What does a child know about heath? Nothing. Hey, I LOVE food that's bad for me. But I have enough sense not to eat it all the time. This thread makes me sad. You don't have to eat healthy every single day, but really, do you have to eat fried chicken strips every day? Do your kids need to eat junk every meal?

GAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Really, WDW has SOOOOOO much great food to eat. And so much of it is actually pretty healthy. And I'm no advocate of salad. But fried chicken strips as a mainstay of a diet, especially for a child? Pathetic.

aleckendyl

Account Suspended
Jeez, Just eat something else.
I mean..It really isnt that big of a deal.
I like certain types of food that you cant get at Disney....Life goes on.
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

donnybisme33

ive been to disney 15 of the 20 years of my life and chicken strips were my diet every time. i was in disney last week and strips were off EVERY menu that i saw. and we went to a lot of places. the nuggets are like a small version of the strips and still good, but they just arent the same. very sad.

MissM

When we were there last weekend, we got the "nuggets" at the Liberty Inn in Epcot. Really, it's not any significant difference. Honest. It's not actual little "nugget" shaped, small, bite-sized pieces, it's like the exact same chicken strip just cut in two. It's half the size of what it was before, but you get twice as many.

I didn't think it was any huge change, but it might be cheaper since they need smaller cuts of chicken to make these new "nuggets" instead of the strips.

I don't think it's the end of the world for strip lovers. I wouldn't panic just yet! :animwink:
-m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom