Chicken Strips Gone from the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hnp929@optonlin

Chicken Strips Gone NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!

My son loves chicken strips :slurp:.It is 1/3 of all the meals he eats while we are at Disney.If they are off the menu that is one more reason to rethink the DDP:mad:

WDWRLD

My son will be happy.....he thinks nuggets are one of the four food groups and we dont have Food Rocks to show him this isnt so anymore......:ROFLOL:

gmguy

Well, I was at MGM yesterday and I had some. I guess they still have it on their menu over there, but if they are getting rid of the chicken strips that's a shame I always get the chicken strips every time I eat at Disney.

Spyne

That's very weird they would get rid of chicken strips. I mean, a theme park isn't a theme park without chicken strips to me. Hopefully it's not at every single place on property.

TravisMT81

ok I usually do not comment on these things, but I am really upset. They are basically tenders from Sysco food distribution but they are my favorite "comfort" food.

dxwwf3

This would be very surprising. I love the chicken strips at WDW. Maybe this is a test or something.

ImaYoyo

Wow... I find this thread VERY funny!!! Want to know why? The nuggets are the EXACT SAME as the strips. Same Supplier, same distributor, same ingredients... :lookaroun

Placebo effect maybe? They changed the size so everyone thinks it's different?

Had them myself at Cosmic Rays months ago (during the MVMCP I think if I remember correctly) and couldn't notice a difference!

Now maybe the ones at Columbia Harbour House are different, but the ones at Rays are the same, just a different size. In reality, with the new orders at Rays you're technically getting more (by weight).

I'll see if DW can verify that all locations are carying the same ones that Cosmic Rays has. But no need to worry, they've been out for a while and they taste just as great!

BTW, if you're looking for great Chicken Fingers, you can always try the Turf Club... YUMMY!!!!!!!!

JimboJones123

A few notes.

As long as thet remain breaded chicken breast, I'll be happy.

If they become the "processed" chicken that most chicken nuggets are, I'm not happy at all.

The best way to make fried food be healthier, go ahead and let that last nugget go. One could also order the kids size, it's usually enough.

Captain Chaos

Wow... I find this thread VERY funny!!! Want to know why? The nuggets are the EXACT SAME as the strips. Same Supplier, same distributor, same ingredients... :lookaroun

Placebo effect maybe? They changed the size so everyone thinks it's different?

Had them myself at Cosmic Rays months ago (during the MVMCP I think if I remember correctly) and couldn't notice a difference!

Now maybe the ones at Columbia Harbour House are different, but the ones at Rays are the same, just a different size. In reality, with the new orders at Rays you're technically getting more (by weight).

Expect anything different?? Told ya no matter what Disney does, the online community will complain.... Change the name of a park (same park, new name) they complain.... Refurb a ride, they complain.... Change the size of the chicken strips, and they complain... :rolleyes:

Trishnh

What?? I cant believe this--the nuggets are pretty gross and my kids wont even eat them--I always had to 'splurge' for the adult meal w/ the chicken strips...:shrug:What reason could this possible serve??

ImaYoyo

What?? I cant believe this--the nuggets are pretty gross and my kids wont even eat them--I always had to 'splurge' for the adult meal w/ the chicken strips...:shrug:What reason could this possible serve??
No no, they're not the same as the Kids' nuggets, they're just called nuggets because of the size. Imagine if you cut a chicken strip in 1/2 and called it a nugget. That's what it is.

On a side note: I absolutely LOVE the fact that everyone here has such a passion and sense of ownership about all things WDW that we have a 5+ page thread on chicken strips!!! LOVING IT!!!

Trishnh

They may be from the same supplier but they are not the same at all..the nuggets are pretty gross..they even look gross:hurl:

manatee74

During our visit last week we were also suprised to see the strips gone. The nuggets were no where near the quality of the strips. We were very dissapointed with alot of the dining changes. After doing the dining plan several times we decided to go with the deluxe plan this year, needless to say we will not purchase the dining plan in the future, unless Disney makes drastic changes.

ImaYoyo

They may be from the same supplier but they are not the same at all..the nuggets are pretty gross..they even look gross:hurl:
Then maybe the ones at Harbour House are different than the ones I had at Rays:shrug:

rainfully

No no, they're not the same as the Kids' nuggets, they're just called nuggets because of the size. Imagine if you cut a chicken strip in 1/2 and called it a nugget. That's what it is.

On a side note: I absolutely LOVE the fact that everyone here has such a passion and sense of ownership about all things WDW that we have a 5+ page thread on chicken strips!!! LOVING IT!!!

Well ya gotta admit... through it all.. the chicken strip has been a constant... we've seen attractions come and go.. but the chicken strip has always been there! :lol:

There is just something about those strips! :lol: And if they did get rid of them for the processed mystry meat that comes to mind when I think of a "nugget" then damn straight I'd be upset! But if they're basically the same then I can live with that.

And on a side note... Disneyland chicken strips are NASTY!!! :hurl: I ordered them when I was there because I love the ones at WDW so much... and... ewwwwww. :lol: What a dissapointment.

Emberlene

I love the chicken strips and the old mac and cheese!!:(

I know this was asked before, but who do we complain to?

I think Disney should be made aware when their customers aren't happy with the changes. Personally, I don't feel it is fair to charge the same price for something that isn't the same quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom