Chicken Strips Gone from the World?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Expect anything different?? Told ya no matter what Disney does, the online community will complain.... Change the name of a park (same park, new name) they complain.... Refurb a ride, they complain.... Change the size of the chicken strips, and they complain... :rolleyes:

...a little healthy complaining...and all some people do is complain! :rolleyes:

The latest thing to fall "fowl" of the healthy eating drive?

(Joking apart, I'm not sure I fully understand the deal here. So, you get the same thing, but half the size - and so, twice as many? Is that such a hardship?)

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
As of this past saturday night, Cosmic Rays in Tomorrowland was serving nuggets over strips.
By the way, Harbor House has officially lost all value to me. Also, what is up with that taco place in Adventureland never being open (yes, I forgot the name) it's either closed or has select hours. The food there is great! Why is it closed so much?

:cool: Lexxweb

El Pirata y el Perico....and unfortunately it continues to have limited openings

eroyee

This is a big deal to me and the wife as well. All we ever used to eat when we were there was chicken strips and fries. We unfortunately experienced the changeover a couple of months ago at cosmic rays. The nuggets that we had that day (I can't comment for sure on what is there now) WERE NOT the same as chicken strips. The strips are unprocessed and are just strips of actual chicken breast breadded and fried. The nuggets are ground up meat and made into nugget shapes. The consistency of the meat is different and they tasted disgusting to us.

We originally thought they just changed over Cosmic Rays because the next few times we were able to get strips at Columbia Harbor house. We were there on 2/17 and went to CHS to be very dissapointed that they had switched to nuggets also.

This can't be anything more than a cost issue. I'd like to plead with whoever makes these decisions. Please either switch back and charge more or offer both and charge more for the strips. Many of us will pay more for the higher quality strips.
That's a good idea. charge more for the strips is they have to.. also, I assume this includes the resorts also?

tigsmom

The latest thing to fall "fowl" of the healthy eating drive?

(Joking apart, I'm not sure I fully understand the deal here. So, you get the same thing, but half the size - and so, twice as many? Is that such a hardship?)

They aren't the same (though I do eat both interchangeably)... chicken strips are the tender of the chicken breast so it is all white meat and costs more to supply. Chicken nuggets are a combination of white and dark meats that are pressed together into nugget form and thus more processed, but cheaper to supply. They sometimes are cooked differently, but almost always deep fried. Some people prefer white meat to dark because of the flavor and the fat content differences.

Again its not a big deal, but just another sign of the times... corporations trying to save a dollar here and there, but continuing to charge the same price. :shrug:

Ashitaka

Lunch at Columbia Harbor House has been a constant on my trips to WDW, especially since El Pirata y el Perico is generally closed. It's nice and quiet upstairs and you can peoplewatch out the windows. It has fish options including the clam chowder for my gf (she eats fish but not meat) and I like the chicken strips.

Now if the nuggets are actually the same, only halfed, as some people are reporting, that's fine. If they are the processed meat bits...guess I might be having lunch elsewhere next time, as nothing else on their menu appeals to me.

Not a big deal, but good to know before we go next time so I can take it into account when heading to a place for lunch.

It's these nuggets of information that I check out WDWMagic for. :)

epcot85

Just ride around the area, you can find many outside restaurants that are close to disney, I know it may be hard to leave property but you can be back within 30-45mins. If they see a drop in food revenue, they will change things.

jsdratm

Nooooo they be stealin mah chicken strips!

I prefer chicken to beef since it is usually leaner. Chicken strips are just plain awesome and belong on every menu! :eek:

ryank007

Oh yea, let's not forget HONEY MUSTARD!! They freak if there is no honey mustard to dip it in. :hammer:

I hope they NEVER get rid of Ken's Honey Mustard. I'm hoping that the "nuggets" will taste the same as the old "strips" once they're slathered in KHM. :slurp:

WTBAD

I think Tigsmom has the right reason for the change. It's not about providing a healther menu but a cheaper one for the same price. After all you can still get French Fries or a Bacon Cheese Burger. The BCB has enough grease in it to fry an order of chicken strips. Look back at the changes mgt has made in the last 12 months, changes in the room rates, less AP discounted room nights. WDW's increase in park attendence has allowed mgt to slowly increase prices across the board.

And saying that nuggets are the same as strips is so wrong. That's like saying that a burger at BK is the sames as one at Sonic or MacD's or Wendy's. And saying you can still get strips elsewhere, remember you have to be elsewhere to get them now & not at WDW.

For me & my family, the chicken strips were as much of a part of WDW as CoP or SM or any other ride/attraction. They were part of what we go to WDW for.

mousebymarriage

Now, I was just in Disney Jan29th - Feb 5th and I know for a fact that some of the Table service restaurants still have them because my children ate them. They were able to get chicken strips at Whispering Canyon cafe, O'Hanas, The Garden Grill (in Epcot). I am also pretty sure some of the buffets had them too in the kids area (Chef Mickey's, & Crystal Palace).

tigsmom

Now, I was just in Disney Jan29th - Feb 5th and I know for a fact that some of the Table service restaurants still have them because my children ate them. They were able to get chicken strips at Whispering Canyon cafe, O'Hanas, The Garden Grill (in Epcot). I am also pretty sure some of the buffets had them too in the kids area (Chef Mickey's, & Crystal Palace).

I have a feeling it will be like many of the changes made - as the stock of strips runs out they will be replaced with the nuggets. :shrug:

DisneySaint

If this is true it's a travesty. First most locations got rid of the hot dogs and now the last thing I had left was the chicken strips. I am genuinely disappointed.

banimall

What is it with Harbour House sticking it to the people. First they got rid of the clam chowder bread bowl and now this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom