Chef Mickey

Dinardo

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

Quick Question:

Chef Mickey's - Breakfast? Lunch? or Dinner? (Based solely on food selection)

Thanks,

Jer

P.S - If a person is staying at the Contemporary, is there priority seating to Contemporary restaurants?

disneygirl1

Definitely go with the breakfast and make advance ressies for it too! If not you will wait FOREVER or risk the possibility of not getting in at all.

stlbobby

I say lunch or dinner, because the dessert bar is the crown jewel. I love making sundaes and all the sweets.

Definitely make reservations, and no resort guests do not get priority.

Figments Friend

I had my first experience with 'Chef Mickeys' 2 weeks ago. It was for Dinner later in the evening, and i found it to be great. Lots to choose from food-wise, and the dessert bar IS very addicting!

The characters were wonderful as well, exspecially PLUTO! He was totally 'on' that night ( Jan 29th, 8:30ish set...) and he deserves a shout out!

:wave:

RNRguy

me and my friend had breakfast at chef mickeys last sunday.. and it ws amazing.. and yes we are 28 and still loved it!.. gotr great pic ops.. wasnt to crowded!.. got a nice view of the pool at the contempory.. breakfast was awesome as well!:animwink:

erasure fan1

I have to go dinner. As much as I love breakfast I would rather spend the extra money and get dinner. Ill take prime rib over scrambled eggs any day. :lol:

DisneyJoe

Chef Mickey's only offers a breakfast and a dinner menu, except in rare circumstances where they offer lunch due to high demand - such as Free Dining in August/September.

stlbobby

How about a real meal at the California Grill instead?

California Grill is an awesome venue and one of my favorites at WDW, but Chef Mickey's is an entirely different experience. The atmosphere is festive and the characters are great. The buffet is solid and the dessert bar is astounding.

The two can't really be compared. They each provide their own special magic.

disney magic 06

We are planning to have dinner at Chef Mickey on our forthcoming trip but have an extremely picky eater with us. Does anyone by any chance remember if they do fries or roast potatoes at all? He only eats brown things! :lookaroun

stlbobby

We are planning to have dinner at Chef Mickey on our forthcoming trip but have an extremely picky eater with us. Does anyone by any chance remember if they do fries or roast potatoes at all? He only eats brown things! :lookaroun

It's been a while since I've gone--all my recent trips have been with old people. :p But if he can't find something on the buffet he is trying to annoy you.

It is a large diverse buffet with many kid friendly choices. I am sure there will be a potato choice and I remember mac and cheese as a regular feature things like chicken nuggets and simple pizzas are also the norm.

But do not worry the fresh carved meats and well prepared vegetables and casseroles will satisfy an adult palate.

And everyone will find something they like on the dessert bar.

dvcnut39

I don't like "wasting" a TS on breakfast, but I don't mind it at Chef Mickey's. Believe it or not, this is meant to be a compliment.

jeffk410

Honestly up until now I would of said breakfast. I just recently went for dinner.. and it was amazing. Dinner is al ittle costlier, but great food.

captainkidd

Dinner.

The breakfast there is no different than any other Disney breakfast buffet. Runny scrambled eggs, store bought donuts, cold pancakes and undercooked bacon. The best part about the buffets were the muffins, and they don't serve those anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom