Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

Ayla

Disney is replacing a pool for teens on the Disney Dream with a ball pit. Also combining the pre teens and teens spaces so they can fit another suite into the funnel… this is everything wrong with modern Disney management only thinking short term.

Also what 11 to 17 year old would rather go in a ball pit than private pool?

“There will be new features including access to an outdoor deck with a ball pit and recreational games.”

What 17 year old wants to hang out with 11 year olds??

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney is replacing a pool for teens on the Disney Dream with a ball pit. Also combining the pre teens and teens spaces so they can fit another suite into the funnel… this is everything wrong with modern Disney management only thinking short term.

“There will be new features including access to an outdoor deck with a ball pit and recreational games.”

A ball pit?

Is this the 1970s?

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
A ball pit?

Is this the 1970s?
bazinga GIF

DisneyHead123

The ball pit thing is really inexplicable. If they’re basically just giving up on the teen market and assuming they prefer the rock walls and go karts on other ships, I guess there’s a kind of logic to downsizing their space. I don’t like it, but maybe that’s just not a real market for them. But a ball pit for tweens? Outdoors in the heat? Is it supposed to be ironic or something? (Also ball pits are notoriously hard to keep clean so there’s the ew factor.)

The kid’s club sounds like it’s being turned into an arcade with slick language so that parents can feel they’re not locking their kid in an arcade for hours while they go have cocktails in the Disney themed lounges. But whatever I guess. Gen X grew up with arcades as babysitters and turned out ok, I suppose it’s not the end of the world.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Or consider for a second, just a second, that they know exactly what they are doing. They have raised prices and lowered crowds to create a better experience that has a higher guest satisfaction number and desire to return rating. This new experience is generating more revenue for the company and making the shareholders happy.

Really... do you think low crowds are really a BAD thing?
I concur.

There’s a reason why TDR, even though it’s owned by the OLC and not Disney, now charges for Fastpass and discontinued APs entirely.

Crowds were FAR too high before so I’m happy they raised prices with the intention of bringing crowds to a sane level.

Supply and demand forced them to raise prices to drive down the insane demand for the parks, and that’s beyond the fact they’ve obviously been too greedy overall and are stalling to just allow the Epic Universe hit to happen. I think the true nickel and diming comes from excessive hotel and food costs to be honest. I genuinely think park tickets themselves aren’t too expensive. APs and other ticket pricing was far too much of a value relative to the demand.

But, there is a limit to that strategy, and I think we’re finally seeing that play out. Expanding capacity is a better long-term business strategy and it is one they’re now doing given that the parks got up to par with where the should’ve been a long time ago.

Now, it’s all about expansion. It’s very exciting.

Last edited:

JD80

I concur.

There’s a reason why TDR, even though it’s owned by the OLC and not Disney, now charges for Fastpass and discontinued APs entirely.

Crowds were FAR too high before so I’m happy they raised prices with the intention of bringing crowds to a sane level.

Supply and demand forced them to raise prices to drive down the insane demand for the parks, and that’s beyond the fact they’ve obviously been too greedy overall and are stalling to just allow the Epic Universe hit to happen. I think the true nickel and diming comes from excessive hotel and food costs to be honest. I genuinely think park tickets themselves aren’t too expensive. APs and other ticket pricing was far too much of a value relative to the demand.

But, there is a limit to that strategy, and I think we’re finally seeing that play out. Expanding capacity is a better long-term business strategy and it is one they’re now doing given that the parks got up to par with where the should’ve been a long time ago.

Now, it’s all about expansion. It’s very exciting.

Personally I don't find the cost of food too high, but the tickets are. I don't mind the single day or 2 day costs, but I'd like to see a return to the more aggressively discount of 4+ day tickets.

el_super

They want to mothball hotel wings and still not have 100% occupancy? That’s the plan?

I've explained this before, but pretty simply:

Scenario A:
You sell 100 room nights at $100 = $10,000

Scenario B:
You double the price to $200
Occupancy drops to 50%, but your revenue is still $10,000. You are even.
You discount the remaining 50% occupancy and maybe sell 10 more rooms at 30% off
You have now made $11,400 and your occupancy has dropped 40%

You make more money with less. Plus you end up saving in labor and maintenance on shuttered hotel rooms.

Then the growth game begins again - how do you convince people to fill those remaining rooms?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I've explained this before, but pretty simply:

Scenario A:
You sell 100 room nights at $100 = $10,000

Scenario B:
You double the price to $200
Occupancy drops to 50%, but your revenue is still $10,000. You are even.
You discount the remaining 50% occupancy and maybe sell 10 more rooms at 30% off
You have now made $11,400 and your occupancy has dropped 40%

You make more money with less. Plus you end up saving in labor and maintenance on shuttered hotel rooms.

Then the growth game begins again - how do you convince people to fill those remaining rooms?
Your revenue is the same ONLY for the resort.

You do realize with 50% less bookings mean less people in the parks and less spending money there right? Then the growth game gets modified and budgets get cut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom