Cheaper tickets COMING SOON

JD80

View attachment 796479

DHS pretty quiet too! My estimate is we will see ROTR at 20 min wait by 7 PM.

Snap shots aren't great without context. Just screenshot Thrill-data

1000007903.jpg

el_super

if the parks were managed and ran like the cruise line, we probably wouldn’t be seeing as much of a decrease in attendance

Well... why do you think they aren't? It's the same people running it right?

Could it have anything to do with costs being more in line with expectations? Maybe?

C33Mom

I was there the week before Christmas last year up through the 23rd. It was not unusually quiet at all.
We were there too—it was better than the week after Christmas but it was still packed. I stopped taking all the “Disney is failing! Nobody ever goes there” comments on this thread seriously after realizing it’s either a lot of people who don’t visit the parks much hoping that if they keep predicting doom for the parks that Disney will try harder to bring back middle class customers and/or people with miscellaneous grievances lying about attendance trends. I have seen credible insiders say that they are not keeping all the value/moderate resorts running at full capacity and others have reported being offered upsell/upgrades to deluxe, so I do think Disney isn’t pulling in on site guests like they used to, but the parks aren’t desolate like many here want you to believe—Disney just isn’t giving customers enough value for staying at the on site motels.
I was there first weekend in June and it was not quiet at all...huge throngs of people...Long waits for attractions... maybe there are some quieter days? not sure...but everytime they say the place is dead, I go and find it very crowded....
I would love to find it less packed at all hours of the day when we visit next month, but I’m not expecting it to be anything like alarmists describe it here. If Disney keeps admission prices higher, they can afford to provide a more pleasant experience for the people who continue to visit…it’s not as profitable for investors, but it’s not like the parks are in danger of bankruptcy. Still hoping they will roll out a more expensive but more convenient line skip product like Universal has, but it appears they don’t want to do it with current crowds…however, it would be an easy way for Disney to juice revenue quickly if they needed to.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Travel is heavy in and out of MCO. Rentals for vehicles is in high demand also. We make 4-5 online reservations for a car rental prior to flying. When we get to the rental counters at 1st floor look for the shortest line of guests and that's the car we will rent. The cars are a 30 sec walk in the adjacent parking garage.

Nice try. Try again. Look for the shortest line at MCO. Its a no brainer.

No cancellation fees , not the only one the early bird getting the worm. Have a nice day! Entitled Is feeling one should get services , farther from the truth.

That’s pretty selfish behavior

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
To use your brain to get to the shortest line. Its not selfish its getting g ahead of the game. Agree to disagree. That's a nasty attack on your part.
Next time use your brain and think how that might impact other families who need and can’t get a rental car for various reasons (not just vacations) because you have 4 others reserved you don’t plan on using. That’s a nasty attack on those families.

Nubs70

Travel is heavy in and out of MCO. Rentals for vehicles is in high demand also. We make 4-5 online reservations for a car rental prior to flying. When we get to the rental counters at 1st floor look for the shortest line of guests and that's the car we will rent. The cars are a 30 sec walk in the adjacent parking garage.
This is a reason companies love surge pricing..

Thanks

Sneaky

Going to guess since DHS has more thrill rides it’s a low capacity family coaster that’s why long line.
True, makes sense
And what do you mean with ROTR? Sorry very tired lol.
That it is one of the best rides ever. “Peak” is used to one of the things you like The most compared to other things. Rotr isn’t my absolute fav but it is up there. I garuntee that if ROTR was based on OT with Vader, it would be regarded higher than it is now.

TrainsOfDisney

How does that have a 15 while slinky has 55. ROTR peak btw
Slinky Dog appeals to all ages and is a true family attraction in a park that lacks family rides - they only have 4 in the entire park.

When I visited DHS a few months ago I wanted to ride Slinky over Rise - I’ve gotten plenty of rides in at Disneyland but slinky is unique.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
That’s pretty nasty selfish behavior
Sidebar: that’s also a pretty common behavior among SOME frequent business travelers. Shortest line and cancel the rest immediately after getting a car. Or if they have an elite status that lets them pick a car, to get a better choice of cars.

Not that I agree or disagree, but I’ve known of people doing this for many years now

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Sidebar: that’s also a pretty common behavior among SOME frequent business travelers. Shortest line and cancel the rest immediately after getting a car. Or if they have an elite status that lets them pick a car, to get a better choice of cars.

Not that I agree or disagree, but I’ve known of people doing this for many years now
I used to be a frequent business traveler, and I never did that.

Cancelling the extra.reservations after you get a car doesnt do any good for the people who'd been looking for a car beforehand.

Purely selfish behaviour by those who made multiple car reservations.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom