Changes to Spaceship Earth Descent.

maxairmike

"Just got off Spaceship Earth (while listening to Jeremy Irons version), and I can confirm that nothing has been touched."
His exact words from Twitter. I'll pretty much count the earlier reporting that something was going on as false, at least in my mind. It's been the same for the past five years, why do anything now when "normal" guests seem to enjoy the screens?

As many show lights as were on last night...that does not happen on accident. The person who rode with me last night (and who I'm sitting next to at the moment) confirmed that it was also way more show lighting than they had seen on the descent in the last several years as well. They're definitely doing something. It may not be major, but last night was definitely not an accident in terms of show lighting and tarps being down.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
Yes-and is at the parks most every day looking for the slightest change. I'd tend to believe him

while I understand that most here don't have the option I have... I tend to believe my own eyes more than some Random CM named Travis that used to run a fan website... It's funny.. You guys want to put credence into what a front line CM is telling you, when everyone preaches that front line CM's are the LAST to know ANYTHING regarding these matters.. Whats next? 5th confirmation from a bus driver?

I'm telling you, without a doubt, that I saw changes with my own eyes... and have confirmed that things have been worked on, and will continue to be worked on ... 3rd shift.. for the foreseeable future..

Hell, anyone with eyes can see the changes already in place.. You don't have to take my word for it alone.. MaxAirmike stated the same as I.

disneyrcks

while I understand that most here don't have the option I have... I tend to believe my own eyes more than some Random CM named Travis that used to run a fan website... It's funny.. You guys want to put credence into what a front line CM is telling you, when everyone preaches that front line CM's are the LAST to know ANYTHING regarding these matters.. Whats next? 5th confirmation from a bus driver?

I'm telling you, without a doubt, that I saw changes with my own eyes... and have confirmed that things have been worked on, and will continue to be worked on ... 3rd shift.. for the foreseeable future..

Hell, anyone with eyes can see the changes already in place.. You don't have to take my word for it alone.. MaxAirmike stated the same as I.

Why worry about it then? Let time prove your word and don't get so worked up. Time will prove your reliability, not you talking down to everyone who may question it. That is the nature of this forum, there are trusted insiders and I am sure they had to gain that trust also. We had a thread awhile back where someone claimed the end of the HM was changing. Many mocked and poo-pooed his info. He played it cool and waited, sure enough he was completely right and accepted the apologies that came his way. I think his username is RumPirate.

t3techcom18

Yes-and is at the parks most every day looking for the slightest change. I'd tend to believe him

Travis?

There have already been changes... I'm not saying this is going to be a fanboi funfest and it's going to be everything you hoped and dreamt for.. but there are improvements coming, and some are already in place. I'm just happy that it'll be more than a bunch of curtains.

He likely means the Travis that used to run Discussion Kingdom, now works at SSE.

BAHAHAHAHA....I can tell you for an ABSOLUTE FACT there is no one named Travis that is a front-line CM that works at SSE. If he works 3rd shift, then maybe, not too familiar with them...but front-line? Most definitely NOT.

wdw71fan

Original Poster
the plot thickens..

Either way.. I'll take DisneyRcks advice... Time will tell guys.. like I said.. its not getting a major makeover.. but efforts are being made to make changes.. Those that have already occurred near the rock formation are evident already.. for the locals and those that are visiting soon.. take a peek for yourself ! :)

invader

Still, Travis has been accurate in the past. I'll be there on Tuesday to see for myself though. Maybe you are right, I just don't see them finding any justification for doing anything to the ending especially if it won't help merchandise / ticket sales...

You can burn me at the stake for this but the descent of spaceship earth really isn't that bad. There are other things in my opinion that should be fixed way before the descent does. cough WOL cough...........

dreamscometrue

Why worry about it then? Let time prove your word and don't get so worked up. Time will prove your reliability, not you talking down to everyone who may question it.

I didn't think he was getting worked up or talking down to people. He was merely defending his position, which is necessary on these boards if one wants to 'survive'. I'm sure had he not said anything when people question his posts, we'd think he'd have run away and hid because he was unreliable.

maxairmike

Nope. FW East is SSE, UoE, TT, and M:S. West is Nemo, Land, and Imagination.

Ummm...no, that's wrong, unless management made yet another swap. About two or three years ago management swapped Innoventions to West in exchange for Nemo and SSE. This was still true as of...the last time my friend played some CM softball (who used to work at Nemo until about 8 months ago) like maybe 2 months ago. Yes, Nemo is physically on the west side, but for management purposes, it is part of FWE.

GLaDOS

Ummm...no, that's wrong, unless management made yet another swap. About two or three years ago management swapped Innoventions to West in exchange for Nemo and SSE. This was still true as of...the last time my friend played some CM softball (who used to work at Nemo until about 8 months ago) like maybe 2 months ago. Yes, Nemo is physically on the west side, but for management purposes, it is part of FWE.

Ah, maybe they did. When I worked at EPCOT (right after Nemo opened) West was those three. Innoventions was it's own thing, and SSE was in East.

maxairmike

Ah, maybe they did. When I worked at EPCOT (right after Nemo opened) West was those three. Innoventions was it's own thing, and SSE was in East.

Oh, I had to hear all about how the FWE coordinators didn't know anything about Nemo and that the managers were never over there for the first few months of the switch. One of the FWE managers moved out to World Showcase, and still misses spending his time at the top of the tank watching the fish.*

*we need an lol smiley!

maelstrom

Dench: "It Turns out there are copies of some of these books in the libraries of the middle east being watched over by Arab and Jewish scholars. Call it the first back-up system. The books are saved and with them, our dreams of the future."

Vs.

Irons: "But all was not lost. For far across the land, from Cairo to Qurtaba, Jewish Teachers and Islamic Scholars continued the quest for knowledge. In libraries of wisdom, they debated ideas and shared new discoveries with all who would listen."

:(

This really sums it up for me. The current version of SSE is so dumbed down. Dame Judi Dench sounds like a really awkward school teacher trying to be cool. Jeremy Irons sounded like an epic storyteller, telling this wonderful and exciting story of this, our Spaceship Earth. Walter Cronkite brought us the news from all over the world for decades, a perfect choice to narrate Spaceship Earth. I just hate the dumbed down narration and the descent's "oops, we ran out of money" crapjob. I want to see the girl looking out the window of her spaceship again.

baymenxpac

This really sums it up for me. The current version of SSE is so dumbed down. Dame Judi Dench sounds like a really awkward school teacher trying to be cool. Jeremy Irons sounded like an epic storyteller, telling this wonderful and exciting story of this, our Spaceship Earth. Walter Cronkite brought us the news from all over the world for decades, a perfect choice to narrate Spaceship Earth. I just hate the dumbed down narration and the descent's "oops, we ran out of money" crapjob. I want to see the girl looking out the window of her spaceship again.

agreed. also, let me go a step further. i've always felt like spaceship earth set the tone for future world. i'm not sure if that's what it was intended to do, but the vibe i always got from '81-late '90s EPCOT is that spaceship earth was a majestic introduction (or epic conclusion, depending on when you rode it) to what you were about to/had seen during the day. the cronkite and irons version did that for me. now, like maelstrom suggests, it seems like a...tour of the museum of natural history with my sixth grad leave-replacement english teacher who told me that i couldn't be part swiss because that didn't exist; instead i was part swedish. ya know, swedish cheese, the swiss chef. same thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom