Changes to Peter Pan's Flight at Magic Kingdom

CampbellzSoup

Native Americans are not an issue, depictions of Native Americans that are stereotyped to be offensive do. Nothing wrong with showing an Indian village that is timely accurate of life at those times.

Cultures can be fun and lively too, not just serious and museum-like. As an Italian I find Tony's depiction in Lady and the Tramp entertaining and a playful caricature not offensive.

bwr827

I wonder what the typical guest thinks of this ride after waiting 45-60 minutes to get on.

I found it quaint, like a museum piece. My kids were appalled that it was “so old and fake and boring.”

And that was with a Lightning Lane, so we waited a fraction of the time.

Not sure they can make enough ride updates to fix this.

Bocabear

It is a sweet, painfully short ride with a wonderful ride system...It could be a much better ride if they would move it and start from the ground up...Make it a truly worthy 21st Century version (see Shanghai)...keep all the practical effects that we currently had, lengthen the ride, and enhance it... Use the PPF building for our own Tangled attraction so we at least have one and not just Tangled Toilets....

Purduevian

It is a sweet, painfully short ride with a wonderful ride system...It could be a much better ride if they would move it and start from the ground up...Make it a truly worthy 21st Century version (see Shanghai)...keep all the practical effects that we currently had, lengthen the ride, and enhance it... Use the PPF building for our own Tangled attraction so we at least have one and not just Tangled Toilets....
No replacements... just build more up more attractions around it so that they 50+ year old ride with rough capacity isn't a "tier 1" attraction in the world busiest theme park.

Bocabear

Not to defend the argument, but he is also exaggerated with a giant nose...a caricature of an upper middle class Englishman.... now, not as exaggerated as the Indians...but it seems that all the characters are much more exaggerated in Neverland...The Pirates are certainly...as are the Indians... I had to look back.
So, yeah...they are exaggerated stereotypes...but they are also characters in another world...So I don't even know if you would consider them Native Americans because they are basically living on a star...and the book was written by someone living in England....If it makes people feel better, remove the offensive Indian characters... but do it without removing the presence of the characters and plot...

Brer Oswald

I wonder what the typical guest thinks of this ride after waiting 45-60 minutes to get on.

I found it quaint, like a museum piece. My kids were appalled that it was “so old and fake and boring.”

They need to tear it down, and rebuild it as an E-ticket around where the circus tents are now. Flying around London and Neverland is a timeless concept, but for the level of demand, it should be done in a larger scale.

Charlie The Chatbox Ghost

I find it really nostalgic, like a piece of WDW history that hasn’t changed much in 50+ years. The only changes I know of from my life was the removal of the Raggedy Ann and Andy tea party from the immediate start of the attraction.

The looping music, voices, and sound effects with audio quality of stuff recorded so long ago, the simple animatronics that are more statue than animated, the black light paints, the abrupt start and end of the story… it’s so classic. I get that it doesn’t live up to its wait time anymore, but it’s always comforting when I go to know that something will always be the same.

Brer Oswald

If you've rode the version at Shanghai, including the exterior - the Orlando version is shameful.

An utter shameful experience.

Without Shanghai is perfectly okay.
My gripe with the Shanghai version is the soundtrack. It uses the less iconic score of the sequel film, Return to Neverland. Unusual choice. I’m glad the new Tokyo ride uses newly arranged versions of the original movie’s soundtrack.

Our version in Florida is also much better than the California ride. At least we have that.

Bocabear

My gripe with the Shanghai version is the soundtrack. It uses the less iconic score of the sequel film, Return to Neverland. Unusual choice. I’m glad the new Tokyo ride uses newly arranged versions of the original movie’s soundtrack.

Our version in Florida is also much better than the California ride. At least we have that.
I don't know about that... With the last refurbishment of the Disneyland version when they added some projection mapping effects, I think they nudged ahead of our version... The biggest problem with the ride is it's shortness and popularity... It just NEEDS to be a longer, better experience... Flying over Neverland and London is such a cool experience....and it just needs a better narrative... That is where the Shanghai version excells...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom