Changes in Toon Town

joanna71985

Joanna - Thank you very much. We were there two years ago and got on a line that went to Chip/Dale/Goofy. I didn't know there were three lines. I guess you just ask to see who will be at the end of the line...or is there another way to know who you will wind up seeing?:kiss:

You are welcome. There is a way to find out. When you walk into the store and walk over to the lines, above each line is a board that shows who will be in each line (for example, the Storybook Room shows the pictures of Cinderella, Aurora, and Belle. That would be who would be in the room).

I want them to bring back the old Disney Afternoon show. Long live the Gummi Bears! :)

I love that show too!

Foolish1

To me people should be more upset over Toon Town's existence rather than The Wand :lookaroun :lookaroun :lookaroun

This is a great idea! Now all of us who have an empty feeling with the wand being gone, can now feel as though we have a purpose. I say it's time to start a "Replace ToonTown Faire With TownTown" thread. Maybe make some t-shirts, how about a sit-in?

OK, so I exaggerate. But I do agree with your thought here. I had been to WDW many times, and thought ToonTown Faire was decent. At least until I went to Disneyland for the first time 3 years ago. Now ToonTown Faire seems like a waste of space. =-(

happymom52003

This is a great idea! Now all of us who have an empty feeling with the wand being gone, can now feel as though we have a purpose. I say it's time to start a "Replace ToonTown Faire With TownTown" thread. Maybe make some t-shirts, how about a sit-in?

OK, so I exaggerate. But I do agree with your thought here. I had been to WDW many times, and thought ToonTown Faire was decent. At least until I went to Disneyland for the first time 3 years ago. Now ToonTown Faire seems like a waste of space. =-(
I have not been to the one in DL....what is different about it?

Animaniac93-98

Disneyland's Toontown more resembles the one from Who Framed Roger Rabbit it has more attractions, including the dark ride, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. However Disney lawyers have slowly stripped most of the fun from that version (Chip and Dale's Tree Slide and Acorn Crawl does not have a slide or acorn crawl anymore, Goofy's Bouncehouse is just a toddler playground now). The only difference now is the darkride and the general look of the place (Donald's Boat, Mickey's House the Roller Coaster, and Minnie's House are all pretty much the same in DL as WDW). Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown is better, because it retains everything from the DL original.

CSUFSteve

Disneyland's Toontown more resembles the one from Who Framed Roger Rabbit it has more attractions, including the dark ride, Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. However Disney lawyers have slowly stripped most of the fun from that version (Chip and Dale's Tree Slide and Acorn Crawl does not have a slide or acorn crawl anymore, Goofy's Bouncehouse is just a toddler playground now). The only difference now is the darkride and the general look of the place (Donald's Boat, Mickey's House the Roller Coaster, and Minnie's House are all pretty much the same in DL as WDW). Tokyo Disneyland's Toontown is better, because it retains everything from the DL original.

Yeah, our Toontown is a sad shadow of its former self. Aside from the chandelier accident, a kid will survive if he gets hurt every now and then. When did our society become so wussy about every little thing. Scrape some knees, fall down, you'll live!!

This is just my own personal view, but I think both Toontown's are a waste of acreage. Especially at Disneyland where we have precious little of it to waste, that's 6 acres that could have been put to better use, IMO.

But yeah, Toontown Faire is even worse, although leagues better than Birthdayland. Ugh. That one still gives me nightmares.

YankeeMouse

I'm confused...Minnie is at her house now? In front? In the back? I've not seen her there, but usually we just go to Mickey's tent to see him. Thanks for clarifying!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yeah, our Toontown is a sad shadow of its former self. Aside from the chandelier accident, a kid will survive if he gets hurt every now and then. When did our society become so wussy about every little thing. Scrape some knees, fall down, you'll live!!

This is just my own personal view, but I think both Toontown's are a waste of acreage. Especially at Disneyland where we have precious little of it to waste, that's 6 acres that could have been put to better use, IMO.

But yeah, Toontown Faire is even worse, although leagues better than Birthdayland. Ugh. That one still gives me nightmares.

I don't know if you know it or not, but Birthdayland was actually very popular with guests.

CSUFSteve

I don't know if you know it or not, but Birthdayland was actually very popular with guests.

I didn't but it doesn't surprise me. And like I said, I know tons of people love it for the kids, I'm just not one of them. To each his own. My personal view is that Walt said, "...a place for parents AND their kids." Aside from Cartoon Spin, what's there for the WHOLE family? Like I said, my two cents, keep the change.

I rarely go into MK's Toontown unless I want to enjoy the nice little walk along the tracks to SM so I dunno if you guys have the same situation we do... Well, there's no really no P.C. way to put this, our Toontown just feels so ghetto now, so chaotic, so cluttered.

DLR20070323_DL_129.jpg

DLR20070323_DL_160.jpg

Yellowjmb1213

New Room in County Bounty

The Third Room is being dedicated to Tinkerbell and her Fairy Friends. Tinkerbell will always be present in the room, and she'll have 4 different friends that rotate in and out. As you enter the room you will be "Shrunk" to Tink's size so that you can meet her. In reality everything around her will be enlarged. From what I hear, it is all coming together rather nicely. Apparently their wings are suppossed to be a pretty impressive part of the costume, but I haven't seen them yet so I can't tell you first hand. This room will be up within a month or two. Look for it soon.

Dragonrider1227

I WANT GADGET! I don't CARE if she's from a 20 year old cartoon, it's still on TV and must be popular because they often do blocks of it on Friday. I WANT GADGET!!! Okay, i'm done now. :eek: I want to see Toontown refurbed more into what it's like in Disneyland.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I didn't but it doesn't surprise me. And like I said, I know tons of people love it for the kids, I'm just not one of them. To each his own. My personal view is that Walt said, "...a place for parents AND their kids." Aside from Cartoon Spin, what's there for the WHOLE family? Like I said, my two cents, keep the change.

I rarely go into MK's Toontown unless I want to enjoy the nice little walk along the tracks to SM so I dunno if you guys have the same situation we do... Well, there's no really no P.C. way to put this, our Toontown just feels so ghetto now, so chaotic, so cluttered.

Birthdayland at least had a stage show that families could go to. It was a character show that had them all planning a surprise party for Mickey. There was one very energetic girl in a yellow dress. I can remember one line from that show- she was rattling off the names of Mickey's friends coming, "And Minnie, and Goofy, and Donald, and Pluto, and Chip, and Dale" It's not the least bit funny reading it now, but listening to her say it was a riot.

Anyway, when it became Starland, they replaced that show with the Disney Afternoon Show, which also starred Roger Rabbit (how I miss him!!!!).

CSUFSteve

Birthdayland at least had a stage show that families could go to. It was a character show that had them all planning a surprise party for Mickey. There was one very energetic girl in a yellow dress. I can remember one line from that show- she was rattling off the names of Mickey's friends coming, "And Minnie, and Goofy, and Donald, and Pluto, and Chip, and Dale" It's not the least bit funny reading it now, but listening to her say it was a riot.

Anyway, when it became Starland, they replaced that show with the Disney Afternoon Show, which also starred Roger Rabbit (how I miss him!!!!).

You know, now that you provide the details, I don't think I actually ever did see Birthdayland. I think it was Starland. My 1st trip ever was Aug 89, and I remember the train only went backwards from Main St to Starland. Was Splash being built at the time?? Don't remember. Either the train spiel or the banner still referenced Birthdayland though. Anyway, I remember we did see whatever show was in the big tent at the time and even back then I remember thinking it all looked so temporary and so cheesy. Toowntown Fair is a dramatic improvement over that, IMO.

Our Disney Afternoon Live stuff was in '91 (following the 35th) so I'm assuming the Disney Afternoon show you refer to was around the same time??

Gorjus

Original Poster
Where everyone is going is still pretty much up in the air. For example, yesterday one of the rooms in toon town was shut down. Belle, Aurora, Cinderella had their room and the other room had Minnie, Goofy, Snow White and one other character either Donald or Daisy. Chip and Dale were in the hall way and Pluto was in the gazebo. Tweedle Dee and Dum were by the Enchanted Grove stand. Alice & Hatter were by the tea cups. When Belle wasn't in her yellow dress in Toon Town, I saw her in her fairytale garden. We'll see what happens today.

To see the most characters in one area, Town Square, Adventureland, and ToonTown are your best bets...for now.

And shhhhhhh!!!!! Soon they are going to start running a test. A couple of days a week Jack Sparrow will be doing meet & greets; and not just for Pirate & Princess Parties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom