Changes in Toon Town

Dragonrider1227

Though she isn't a Princess, Mary Poppins appears sometimes in Fantasyland.
I know. We found her there once. You should've seen my older sister moving like a bullet to see her :ROFLOL:
The only place they could put them is near the castle. It makes sense to give them their own room in Toontown unless you want Aurora doing sets near Dumbo or something. Plus, don't forget, Ariel is in her Grotto, that's technically Fantasyland.
Perhaps. It still seems a little off theme for Toontown but then, it wouldn't be the first time Disney broke a theme. Matterhorn anyone?

GiveMeTheMusic

Jack's been doing fine at Disneyland for over a year now doing meet and greets, most of that time without a location. No reason he shouldn't do 'em in WDW.

Gorjus

Original Poster
Jack will be doing meet and greets in the same place that he did them for Pirates and Princesses. The wait for Jack may have been so long because most of the people at the party were interesting in Pirates. It may not be as long on a daily basis.

Iakona

Jack's been doing fine at Disneyland for over a year now doing meet and greets, most of that time without a location. No reason he shouldn't do 'em in WDW.

Jack had a very specific location at DL in July. He was at a spot on Pirate's Lair (TS Island). He was in front of the treasure hoard near a CM door for the fort.

Jack will be doing meet and greets in the same place that he did them for Pirates and Princesses. The wait for Jack may have been so long because most of the people at the party were interesting in Pirates. It may not be as long on a daily basis.

If WSW Jack is anything like DAL Jack then they cycle through very few people during his meet & greets because he is so in character he wanders, asks lots of questions (wanted to know if I was with the Royal Marines) and spends some time trying to steal whatever you have. Best character experience I have ever had.

Attachments

• Jack and mickey small.JPG
    Jack and mickey small.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 55

GiveMeTheMusic

I said "most of that time." He moved to that silly location on WhatUsedToBeTom Sawyer Island after spending almost a year doing sets in New Orleans Square wherever he pleased.

MrsPortiaB

Poor Snow White.

Too bad they aren't going to do sequels anymore, they could make Snow White 2: Revenge of the 7 Dwarfs and it could be us going back in time to see the wicked witch putting a spell on the 7 dwarfs so that we could see what would happen if the dwarfs weren't too kind to coming home to Snow White. :ROFLOL: Then she would be popular again and back in the Princess Popularity Circle and in ToonTown.

Gorjus

Original Poster
It would also appear that the rumors are true and the last "furry friends" room will disappear and will be replaced with a fairy room.

A group of people were examining the room for a make-over fairy style the other day.

I think the idea sucks, but I don't make the decisions. I think Tinkerbelle should remain mysterious.

Chape19714

It would also appear that the rumors are true and the last "furry friends" room will disappear and will be replaced with a fairy room.

A group of people were examining the room for a make-over fairy style the other day.

I think the idea sucks, but I don't make the decisions. I think Tinkerbelle should remain mysterious.
Not excited about that. If everything goes princess, that building serves no further purpose in toontown, they might as well move the whole thing into fantasyland.

NewfieFan

If everything goes princess, that building serves no further purpose in toontown, they might as well move the whole thing into fantasyland.

I agree with you here - it is ToonTown! But I am excited about Tinkerbell coming. I know people think that she should be kept hidden but kids are really into Tink right now even my son would jump at the chance to meet her. So I guess I'm speaking from a kids point of view here.

Greenlawler

It seems like the "classic Disney" fur characters are really getting the shaft latley, with the influx of Pixar, Princesses and Faries, but oh well.

phenom1307

when i go to MK by myself i personaly skip toon town all together unless i hop on the train at main street or frontierland to go to tomorrowland, other then that though i just walk on by...its sad really cause when i was little i would love going there to get all the autographs

DisneyNut2007

It seems like the "classic Disney" fur characters are really getting the shaft latley, with the influx of Pixar, Princesses and Faries, but oh well.

Sorry, but I just cannot agree with that assumption.

I don't think the classic Disney fur characters are getting shafted at all. They still getting equal amounts of attention and exposure all over Disney. They still appear on merchandise all the time, they still make regular appearances all over the parks and resorts, etc. And everyone still loves them.

littlemom_3

I believe that the classic characters should be more available in the parks. I would prefer to see them as you enter the park or just out in the open (when the weather permits) as opposed to stuck in ToonTown. My kids are too old for the offerings of ToonTown and we only go to see the characters. I find that ToonTown is way too smushed. I would love to see more charcters actually out in the parks.

Gorjus

Original Poster
I believe that the classic characters should be more available in the parks. I would prefer to see them as you enter the park or just out in the open (when the weather permits) as opposed to stuck in ToonTown. My kids are too old for the offerings of ToonTown and we only go to see the characters. I find that ToonTown is way too smushed. I would love to see more charcters actually out in the parks.

Ah, but you have to think about logistics. Mickey can't go out into the park much. The line would be absurd...and in the heat/cold...jikes. The Princesses, or for that matter any face characters have huge issues out in the open. You only see them for 1/2 of each hour. Right now, Chip & Dale, Pluto, and a few others are in Town Square. There are tons...tons of characters out in the park. But the most popular ones have to go in Toon Town for crowd control purposes if nothing else. There is no other reason to go to Toon Town except to see characters. The Barnstormer and the Water Play & playground areas are just to amuse some while others wait in line to see characters. Trust me...As much as people whine while in line to see characters in ToonTown, they would whine even more if we put those characters out in the open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom