Changes at DTD

Lee

Adventurer
A question for all of you out there though...do any of you know of a woman who was in charge of the DTD area or PI area other than Meg Crofton being in her position? I was told by a source that it was actually a woman who made the decision, but it wasn't Meg and I know the VP and other exec of DTD were both men.

Perhaps Erin Wallace, senior VP of ops?
She's the only other woman exec I can think of with that kind of power.

lazyboy97o

I like your ideas.

Since you seem to have some historical knowledge of PI I will ask you. I specifically remember news reports of a rash of accidents in the PI area within two years of it's opening and the ensuing mini media frenzy. I remember the city of Orlando, public safety and the police being part of the story. Yet I can't find the stories in the OrSen archives and I certainly don't have the money to acess them in depth to determine if they truly have been scrubbed. Does this bring back any details in your memory or anyone else out there old enough to remember? One accident killed 4 and another took place near where the PI gas station is now but that is the only details I remember. I believe there was another fatal just off property about the same time. Again I can't find the stories but maybe I'm not using the search engine properly. :veryconfu
Even searches on Google for "Pleasure Island"+"drunk driving" and variants bring up nothing. You may want to try and contact teevtee from Parkeology, who posted a similar complaint back on Re-Imagineering when the news first broke.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I like your ideas.

Since you seem to have some historical knowledge of PI I will ask you. I specifically remember news reports of a rash of accidents in the PI area within two years of it's opening and the ensuing mini media frenzy. I remember the city of Orlando, public safety and the police being part of the story. Yet I can't find the stories in the OrSen archives and I certainly don't have the money to acess them in depth to determine if they truly have been scrubbed. Does this bring back any details in your memory or anyone else out there old enough to remember? One accident killed 4 and another took place near where the PI gas station is now but that is the only details I remember. I believe there was another fatal just off property about the same time. Again I can't find the stories but maybe I'm not using the search engine properly. :veryconfu
I don't have memory that far, unfortunately, but I have a friend who worked ticketing for 14 years there. I will ask him for you

Erin wallace..that sounds right. I forgot about her. I was told one of the F&B area managers almost left the company over the BS they were being told to do by the "OPs management" so that all fits perfectly.

edit: sorry for typos in my post above. I'm working so I have to type really fast and don't have time to proof read. Funny how the phone always rings when I'm in the middle of an in depth post

maryszhi

i think they should reopen ac and comedy place somewhere. adults love that stuff. disney is lacking in that department. i remember when i went my jr. year of hs i loved those two place.s i couldnt wait til i was 18 and 21...but then it closed. i was sad. but seriously i remember hearing how much parents loved it. now they go to universal city walk lol. i hope they bring cool dining places. also new experience...maybe a place for teens and young adults to mingle..and then one for older folks. also i think there needs to be some activities for kids.

Mouse Detective

I remember the city of Orlando, public safety and the police being part of the story. Yet I can't find the stories in the OrSen archives and I certainly don't have the money to acess them in depth to determine if they truly have been scrubbed.

But Pleasure Island and Disney World are a long way away from the city of Orlando and its police department. Universal is in Orlando but Disney, far from it.

jt04

But Pleasure Island and Disney World are a long way away from the city of Orlando and its police department. Universal is in Orlando but Disney, far from it.

Evidently there is a road that connects the PI area to Orlando and some drunk drivers that had visited WDW were using it. I think it is called I-4 or something. And no I wasn't one of them.

Pssst- don't doubt me. :wave:

jt04

Even searches on Google for "Pleasure Island"+"drunk driving" and variants bring up nothing. You may want to try and contact teevtee from Parkeology, who posted a similar complaint back on Re-Imagineering when the news first broke.

Odd isn't it? Thanks for the info!

I don't have memory that far, unfortunately, but I have a friend who worked ticketing for 14 years there. I will ask him for you

Erin wallace..that sounds right. I forgot about her. I was told one of the F&B area managers almost left the company over the BS they were being told to do by the "OPs management" so that all fits perfectly.

edit: sorry for typos in my post above. I'm working so I have to type really fast and don't have time to proof read. Funny how the phone always rings when I'm in the middle of an in depth post

Looking forward to additional info. We have uncovered a mystery! :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Am I going to have to report you to the mods or go all the way and get a restraining order?

Please do. You are so full of yourself. You have proved nothing but your own obstinance.

Do you truly believe that by shutting down PI they have stopped all DUI's in Orlando? :rolleyes:

jt04

Please do. You are so full of yourself. You have proved nothing but your own obstinance.

Do you truly believe that by shutting down PI they have stopped all DUI's in Orlando? :rolleyes:

Why are you responding to comments I made to 49? He has been stalking me on these boards for months. :lookaroun

Only the O-town police can answer your question. I'm sure they keep stats. But that is not here or there now. I've moved on to unravling what appears to be a bit of a cover-up from the 1989 to 1991 era. Now where is my sherlock holmes hat? :lookaroun

Watson!

lazyboy97o

Only the O-town police can answer your question. I'm sure they keep stats. But that is not here or there now. I've moved on to unravling what appears to be a bit of a cover-up from the 1989 to 1991 era. Now where is my sherlock holmes hat? :lookaroun

Watson!
I fail to see why we are discussing an alleged problem that was resolved by 1992, nor why anybody, except maybe Universal, would be interested in hiding this alleged terrible infancy of Pleasure Island.

vonpluto

We need a popcorn smilie!

Untitled-16.jpg

:D

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Why are you responding to comments I made to 49? He has been stalking me on these boards for months. :lookaroun

Watson!

Yes, Jt, everyone and everything are conspiring against you and your insipid theories.....

Or, it could just be that at practically every turn you've ended up being wrong. Another conspiracy, I suppose....

Still waiting on the mods, by the way...

Master Gracey

I've moved on to unravling what appears to be a bit of a cover-up from the 1989 to 1991 era.

I have found what The Walt Disney Co. is trying to cover up, from Pleasure Island, circa 1989 - 1991!

03.jpg

If you look very closely, you will see that 1989 was a Year of A Million Dreams coming true, when visitors were having the Time Of Thier Lives, Celebrating the Night the way the Grand Funmeister, Merriweather Adam Pleasure, intended! These folk are Sharing a Dream Come True, while enjoying Magical Gathering worth continuing for over 100 Years of Magic. Since it was always New Years Ever, they were Celebrating the Future Hand in Hand! I don't know about you, but I plan on attending The Happiest Celebration on Earth when, Tom willing, the Pleasure Island Clubs reopen and we won't just have to Remember the Magic, but live it once again!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

overdrive

I have found what The Walt Disney Co. is trying to cover up, from Pleasure Island, circa 1989 - 1991!

03.jpg

If you look very closely, you will see that 1989 was a Year of A Million Dreams coming true, when visitors were having the Time Of Thier Lives, Celebrating the Night the way the Grand Funmeister, Merriweather Adam Pleasure, intended! These folk are Sharing a Dream Come True, while enjoying Magical Gathering worth continuing for over 100 Years of Magic. Since it was always New Years Ever, they were Celebrating the Future Hand in Hand! I don't know about you, but I plan on attending The Happiest Celebration on Earth when, Tom willing, the Pleasure Island Clubs reopen and we won't just have to Remember the Magic, but live it once again!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
That picture is worth a 1000 words, now that is a place to party and have fun! Bring it back Disney as it is in that picture! :sohappy:

Krack

LOL - looks like some people are slowly figuring out Mouse Management plants stories ("Drunk drivers ruined Pleasure Island") in order to justify decisions made for other reasons. If you believe Disney wrecked the original Pleasure Island because it was afraid of drunk drivers, then I have a sinkhole under Horizons to sell you.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
LOL - looks like some people are slowly figuring out Mouse Management plants stories ("Drunk drivers ruined Pleasure Island") in order to justify decisions made for other reasons. If you believe Disney wrecked the original Pleasure Island because it was afraid of drunk drivers, then I have a sinkhole under Horizons to sell you.

Unfortunately some people can't tell the difference in planted stories and the truth!

lazyboy97o

If Disney was planting stories, we'd be able to find them. Besides, this supposedly ended by the early 90s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom