Changes at DTD

EPCOT Explorer

well lets see..

you ungate the island
you get rid of the fireworks show as it once was
you get rid of the fireworks
you tear down the stage that once saw very good and well known acts perform
you cut the entertainment budget, laying off a lot of the streetmosphere people, among other things.
and then you stop promoting.

Gee, I can't imagine why attendance was down(though still profitable). When you strangle a goose by the neck eventually it's gonna die...or you can justify your decision to put a bullet in its brain.

And trust me, it's quite apparent that they WANTED to kill it, and wanted it gone. Much like that manager over at EPCOT with LoW.

CaptainMichael

People are coached to ask the bartenders when the clubs open. Not to mention write letters, call, send e-mails, etc etc. They have absolutely made the right decision to turn DTD into a significantly more family friendly destination. It's Disney afterall not Universal. Um, I mean comcast.

And some are coached to come on fansites and defend the Mouse no matter how ridiculous the position may be.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
And trust me, it's quite apparent that they WANTED to kill it, and wanted it gone. Much like that manager over at EPCOT with LoW.
exactly. Although I do not agree with the desire to want it gone, they clearly killed PI to lower attendance and the amount of money it was making(again, still profitable though) Until they could justify the closure to upper management

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
well lets see..

you ungate the island
you get rid of the fireworks show as it once was
you get rid of the fireworks
you tear down the stage that once saw very good and well known acts perform
you cut the entertainment budget, laying off a lot of the streetmosphere people, among other things.
and then you stop promoting.

Gee, I can't imagine why attendance was down(though still profitable). When you strangle a goose by the neck eventually it's gonna die...or you can justify your decision to put a bullet in its brain.

Exactly, they killed PI. Of course attendence was down, they let the whole area slip into oblivion. No upkeep, no remodels, nothing to draw people in at all. Its like a shop owner never restocking the shop, just pocketing all the profit. Eventually the shop will close. Same with PI, they just kept pocketing the money, never putting it back into the island. Now its dead, with no glimmer of hope for a resurrection.

EPCOT Explorer

exactly. Although I do not agree with the desire to want it gone, they clearly killed PI to lower attendance and the amount of money it was making(again, still profitable though) Until they could justify the closure to upper management

Exactly. :wave: Even without doing research, and talking to people in the know, just look at it! It's apparent...The Death of PI came before 2008 when they announced it.

Figment632

My idea? Short of bringing back the clubs?

Walt Disney World/Parks museum.:shrug::lookaroun

In my mind the best way to do this would be a long dark ride that takes you past exhibits?

But I'm not sure that would be enough to draw a lot of people in? Would Disney ever consider putting a few attractions in using a ticket system?

EPCOT Explorer

In my mind the best way to do this would be a long dark ride that takes you past exhibits?

But I'm not sure that would be enough to draw a lot of people in? Would Disney ever consider putting a few attractions in using a ticket system?

I'd rather save a concept like that for DHS, especilly if they were to ever take a "Walt" angle like DCA is. A Disney Disney ride would be quite hysterical and very fitting for a park that has it's roots in entertainment.

Doubt that they would make PI Ticketed...

Figment632

I'd rather save a concept like that for DHS, especilly if they were to ever take a "Walt" angle like DCA is. A Disney Disney ride would be quite hysterical and very fitting for a park that has it's roots in entertainment.

lol if they gave it that angle would you actually go to DHS?

Doubt that they would make PI Ticketed...[/QUOTE]

Not the whole thing just the rides, Maybe they would but one E-ticket and 2 or three C or D tickets and you could buy a book like in the old days.

EPCOT Explorer

lol if they gave it that angle would you actually go to DHS?

Doubt that they would make PI Ticketed...

Not the whole thing just the rides, Maybe they would but one E-ticket and 2 or three C or D tickets and you could buy a book like in the old days.

More Nickel and Diming? Hmm. Maybe TDO would like that, after all.:rolleyes::lol:

I doubt it, though.

Hell with it, though....Build Yesterland and a clone of all our dear departed attraction friends.:lookaroun

jt04

More Nickel and Diming? Hmm. Maybe TDO would like that, after all.:rolleyes::lol:

I doubt it, though.

Hell with it, though....Build Yesterland and a clone of all our dear departed attraction friends.:lookaroun

I see the armchair CEO is back in action with pie in the sky ideas. And you call me dellusional.

Mouse Detective

The only question is why they built it in the first place seeing as Disney is in the family entertainment business.

They built it because they saw all the adults going off property at night with their money to a place in downtown Orlando called Church Street Station. Disney wanted that money. And they got it too.

In my mind the best way to do this would be a long dark ride that takes you past exhibits. Would Disney ever consider putting a few attractions in using a ticket system?

No, they would not. Disney isn't going to put anything there. The island is going to be opened up to create an unhindered free flow of people between Marketplace and West Side. There will only be more shops and restaurants, all operated by third parties. There will be no Pleasure on Pleasure Island.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
[B said:
Figment632;3865612Because when[/B] the parks close there is nothing at all to do in WDW.
business.
Because when the parks close there is nothing at all to do in WDW.

[/QUOTE said:
I'm not saying they are going to build rides but what you say is just speculation.

Let's see who can screw up the formatting of this forum the most.

EPCOT Explorer

The only question is why they built it in the first place seeing as Disney is in the family entertainment business.
Not everything should be for families, jt. You are dead if you try just for them.

I seem to remember a certain someone saying something akin to that.

I see the armchair CEO is back in action with pie in the sky ideas. And you call me dellusional.

Just theorizing. Relax. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom