Changes at DTD

jt04

None are comparable to Comedy Warehouse or more importantly, the Adventurers Club.

23 days till Congaloosh!

Well as I've said, I think AC should stay. It fits my idea of what DTD should be. Comedy Warehouse too if it could be made "user friendly" for the great majority of Disney guests.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sure some people are demanding gambling on site too but that doesn't mean it will happen.

There are plenty of places on property with "nightly entertainment". HoB, Bongos, Raglin Road, clubs at the resorts.....

Tell me again where I can go to dance. Oh thats right, ONE place, not plural...ONE club called Atlantic Dance at one resort. It isn't promoted at all, is usually dead, and the DJ is stuck trying to cater to the older and younger crowd at the same time. It's a wonderful facility and would be great if they would do something with it, but they refuse to. Add to that the fact that at closing they have to "quiet the drunks" because it's right along hotel rooms. PI wasn't by anything that would require people being quiet.

I don't want to get a drink and sit and chat. There are a million places to do that! I want to dance, have fun, and laugh!

ryno1982

Why do you feel that Disney owes you a place to dance? You can do that at home anyway. Disney is about the theme parks and water parks. Everything else is a diversion. And Pleasure Island wasn't performing very well. Any given night CPs made up the majority of the guests. I'd even bet some of you that constantly lament your beloved Adventurer's Club didn't frequent the place as often as you lead on to.

jt04

Tell me again where I can go to dance. Oh thats right, ONE place, not plural...ONE club called Atlantic Dance at one resort. It isn't promoted at all, is usually dead, and the DJ is stuck trying to cater to the older and younger crowd at the same time. It's a wonderful facility and would be great if they would do something with it, but they refuse to. Add to that the fact that at closing they have to "quiet the drunks" because it's right along hotel rooms. PI wasn't by anything that would require people being quiet.

I don't want to get a drink and sit and chat. There are a million places to do that! I want to dance, have fun, and laugh!

See, that's why I think some of you who miss the dance clubs should open one just off property. Between the CM's and the people like you it should do very well.

Why do you feel that Disney owes you a place to dance? You can do that at home anyway. Disney is about the theme parks and water parks. Everything else is a diversion. And Pleasure Island wasn't performing very well. Any given night CPs made up the majority of the guests. I'd even bet some of you that constantly lament your beloved Adventurer's Club didn't frequent the place as often as you lead on to.

Nice post.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Disney owes me a place to dance because I had one and they took it away!

And for the record, I'm from a town of 55k with nothing but bars. No clubs, no dancing, just smoke filled bars. So no, I can't do it at home.

Secondly, Orlando IS my home now. PI did fantastic when it was gated and they promoted it. They had big name musical acts frequently, parties in the street, all kinds of fun. They cut it all after 9/11 and then started making stupid decisions that ultimately led to declining attendance. As for CPs, they only used to let people in free 2 days a week. As the end drew near, they opened it up to all days except fri/sat and during 2008 they made it free 7 days a week. Sure, not everyone would buy a drink, but many of us did. There is also the idea that if a club "looks" full, people will go into it. If it's empty, they won't. So having the CMs there was a good thing to draw others in. They wouldn't have needed that if they would have promoted it, but they refused and this is what we get.

Disney changed its focus into being a vacation destination. They wanted you on property for everything. PI was built because Disney was letting guests get bussed to Church St Station and realized it was dumb to lose that revenue! So they built PI, killed church st station, and now both are closed and in ruins while the copycat thrives.

I'm TRYING to get enough money to open up a club in a good location that can be transformed into a PI type of environment, but working for 7.50/hr and making my way on the forex market isn't gonna lend me enough extra income to do so for a year or two at least.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I can understand some folks dislike of clubs, they are the sort of places you go with friends. Also drom what I have heard ggeeks dont dance, not with real people at least. :shrug:

Pumbas Nakasak

I feel your pain..................like the last leaf blowing from the tree, being carried off alone, unable to control its own destiny.

Pumbas Nakasak

And if my spelling / typing is cause for consternation, I really would stay out of most of the threads on this site. Not exactly a great advert for western education. :shrug: I balme those new fangled teaching methods, in my day you were beaten till you got it.

That may explain a few things.

Theres nothing wrong with a bit of strutting now and again, even at my advancing age.

DisneyWales

Personally I think PI going is such as massive shame.

No Disney is not all about Parks and Water parks. Its a Resort, a destinations, a place for people to enjoy themselves.

And JT and co this my shock you but some people like to get drunk have a laugh and Dance, most of us can do it and not cause a ruckus.

At one Point PI did this amazingly, it was busy most nights, and the atmosphere was great, and then....... well we know how this tale ends.

I feel Disney should offer a nightclub complex, maybe one building with a single entry point that has two/three different rooms (music/themes) in one venue, with and outside seating area etc. They could move it away from the heart of DTD if they wanted to keep it somewhat separate from the kids and dining etc (yet still make use of the infrastructure).

Where we always stay off property (a personal preference as we tend to vacation for 3/4 weeks when we come over), we find it harder to have a relaxing rink due to driving etc. So for use PI was a great way to have a nice drink dance and laugh, get a taxi back.

Now thats one less thing I have to do at DisneyWorld, but now i can eat at a mid-grade Dino themed restaurant! yey me:sohappy:.

jt04

Personally I think PI going is such as massive shame.

No Disney is not all about Parks and Water parks. Its a Resort, a destinations, a place for people to enjoy themselves.

And JT and co this my shock you but some people like to get drunk have a laugh and Dance, most of us can do it and not cause a ruckus.

At one Point PI did this amazingly, it was busy most nights, and the atmosphere was great, and then....... well we know how this tale ends.

I feel Disney should offer a nightclub complex, maybe one building with a single entry point that has two/three different rooms (music/themes) in one venue, with and outside seating area etc. They could move it away from the heart of DTD if they wanted to keep it somewhat separate from the kids and dining etc (yet still make use of the infrastructure).

Where we always stay off property (a personal preference as we tend to vacation for 3/4 weeks when we come over), we find it harder to have a relaxing rink due to driving etc. So for use PI was a great way to have a nice drink dance and laugh, get a taxi back.

Now thats one less thing I have to do at DisneyWorld, but now i can eat at a mid-grade Dino themed restaurant! yey me:sohappy:.

I agree with you. I think Disney would be smart to create or convert an existing WDW resort to an adults only resort. Port Orleans could be the perfect location or it could be designed from the ground up. And a PI type complex attached to the resort could do very well. And it could also compliment combination travel packages with Disney Cruise Lines very well. Makes sense to me.

But let's be honest, this entire controversy is about the future of the AC at WDW.

DisneyWales

But let's be honest, this entire controversy is about the future of the AC at WDW.

Kinda, i think the reason why so many are upset about the AC going is more due to the fact that it represents a true vision of "Adult Disney". it was a great place to get drunk, a great place to have a massive laugh, and a great concept thru and thru.

With AC Disney struck gold with the whole merging of Disney/Drinking/adult entertainment. Plus then some great clubs on top it was a fantastic strategy. I just think DTD tore its self apart by having PI right in the middle of the two "non" adult districts.

I personally feel if it wasn't for the fact it did affect foot flow thru DTD then 'maybe' some of PI would have survived, just my thoughts. Im sure it would have been scaled back, but just maybe not 100% closed.

Oh and a 4pm close too, but I like to party hard for my money!:sohappy:

Future Guy

It's kind of funny how Disney's core audience is little kids, but they strenuously discourage any activity that can lead to their conception.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom