Change to the Pirates early 2018

KBLovedDisney

It is what it is, but it doesn't change the fact that Disney will be changing this, maybe they decided it was even a bit offensive to them and decided a change was in order.
Ok, woah. Just woah. So, the point I was making early in my piratey statement was this: You said you are ok with it. Stop there. Boom. Full stop. However...you follow the statement with something else which causes more uproar. Are you trying to win this battle of who is right, what's right, why I exist? (fyi - no one is going to win here)

That and I don't want to see another thread posts about PotC go into the basement and beyond.

Come on. Let's talk about the AAs! Are they giving Thurl Ravenscroft's singing pirate and his crew any love in this update?

graphite1326

Household cats are responsible for killing tons of wildlife, in some cases to a problematic extent (severely depleting the population of some species). It's just a fact. But...what in the name of god does this have to do with anything?
Tons? Other than that, I forgot my point other than I was just being a smart---. And you shouldn't use God's name to make your point.

disneygeek90

Ok, woah. Just woah. So, the point I was making early in my piratey statement was this: You said you are ok with it. Stop there. Boom. Full stop. However...you follow the statement with something else which causes more uproar. Are you trying to win this battle of who is right, what's right, why I exist? (fyi - no one is going to win here)

That and I don't want to see another thread posts about PotC go into the basement and beyond.

Come on. Let's talk about the AAs! Are they giving Thurl Ravenscroft's singing pirate and his crew any love in this update?
And yet again, I'm still confused what your argument actually is. I think I've worn out this discussion yet again where absolutely no progress is made, so whatever.

graphite1326

Household cats are responsible for killing tons of wildlife, in some cases to a problematic extent (severely depleting the population of some species). It's just a fact. But...what in the name of god does this have to do with anything?
By the way, where I live, these household cats get eaten by coyotes so it's not a problem here.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
By the way, where I live, these household cats get eaten by coyotes so it's not a problem here.
It's the circle of life...
bAhSx41EYJUWJ0hlp3PNSjE9wqU.jpg

thomas998

Why would anybody be surprised. Disney Parks management fell to the far far right many years ago. I'm quite surprised that it has taken them this long to decide to change the red-head scene. Wonder what they will replace it with? Or will they replace the scene at all and find a life and leave it as it is. Now that would be a surprise.
It isn't the right that has caused this as much as some very liberal and significant shareholders.

Jack Wolfe

Maybe their should have been a petition to have her put on the list of national historic sights... Then Disney couldn't do anything to change her.
That's a dangerous precedent. Do that, and they couldn't even roll out improved AA's in the same scene. You'd be stuck with inferior tech for the sake of sentimentality.

Go ahead and change the auction scene. It wasn't historically accurate in the first place.

Bob Young Jr

I in no way stated that riding POTC would in any way make you more likely to exploit women. I just think it's worth acknowledging the fact that this scene could make others legitimately uncomfortable, on a theme park ride. I didn't have any strong hate to the scene, but I do understand why Disney is going this route.

Sorry, not buying ANYONE was offended by this or made to feel uncomfortable. We wants the redhead...

If looking for accuracy better change that ship which is shelling the fortress-----it looks galleon like to me. What in the world would a pirate want with a galleon? A pirate concerns herself with speed not the sluggish and large multi level deck loaded with canons type galleon.
Pirates want a fast, manueverable ship to hit their target and then evade........."stick and move"

Oh and to stay true we need some black people too since the Caribbean(due to the involuntary migration of Africans to the Americas) was loaded with black pirates as well as mulattos( derived from the sexual atrocities of white male slave holders and black female slaves)

Last edited:

celluloid

I want real Pirate displays in Pirates of the Caribbean like I want real space facts in Space Mountain or Main Street USA to be a realistic replica of a turn of the century Main Street

Magic Kingdom. It is meant to be Romanticized. Little thought put into the change all around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom