Change to the Pirates early 2018

graphite1326

As a vegetarian, a lion eating a zebra is not cruelty to animals. I sure do love how people jump to conclusions with no other real basis, though.
I don't know. I recently read a post (on another forum) where people should not let their cats out so they would not eat the wildlife in the area. Pretty sure this person was a vegetarian.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I don't know. I recently read a post (on another forum) where people should not let their cats out so they would not eat the wildlife in the area. Pretty sure this person was a vegetarian.

I have outdoor cats, but this argument makes sense. Introducing a non-native predator to an ecosystem can be catastrophic (see what I did there). Look at what's happening with pythons in the everglades.

KBLovedDisney

Why, though? I would legitimately want to know why this is such a beloved scene. Personally, I was always fond of the jail bit at the end.
You like the jail scene because it was your favorite scene as a kid, right?
Some of us feel the same way about the Auction scene. We saw it as a kid and gravitated to it because in a way it was iconic. I liked the auctioneer pirate out of the entire ride. He was my favorite character.

Jails represent bad things too ya know...

And honestly, just because you don't like it means you should judge others who do. We don't see it as representing the past. It was pure fantasy imagined by Walt himself.

graphite1326

Some of us feel the same way about the Auction scene. We saw it as a kid and gravitated to it because in a way it was iconic. I liked the auctioneer pirate out of the entire ride. He was my favorite character.

I think ultimately, people are starting to look too deep into things and making mountains out of mole hills. Just saying.
And honestly, just because you don't like it means you should judge others who do. We don't see it as representing the past. It was pure fantasy imagined by Walt himself.
Now you bring up an interesting point. What about people who have paid their debt to society and have been rehabilitated and now living a better life. Wouldn't they be offended by the jail scene. I think I will lead the charge to change it. (how do I call Disney and complain?)

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

They should just shut the whole ride down, and convert it into another Frozen ride.

KBLovedDisney

Now you bring up an interesting point. What about people who have paid their debt to society and have been rehabilitated and now living a better life. Wouldn't they be offended by the jail scene. I think I will lead the charge to change it. (how do I call Disney and complain?)
First things first. You got to get the key from the puppy dog so you can get out and make that phone call.
B5vsasm.jpg

I'm still not really understanding why people are so emotionally connected to an AA associated to the enslavery of women.

And based on your comment above it's safe to say that you run a sporting chance that you never will understand since you clearly do not even understand the most basic issue at hand.

Hint: Pirate "purists", as a whole, do not care about one single AA----there's a more meaningful, deeper, more profound concern.

disneygeek90

Nope, I wasn't judging. I was legitimately wondering why people liked that scene so much.

disneygeek90

And based on your comment above it's safe to say that you run a sporting chance that you never will understand since you clearly do not even understand the most basic issue at hand.

Hint: Pirate "purists", as a whole, do not care about one single AA----there's a more meaningful, deeper, more profound concern.
A concern of wanting to see an auction of the hottest woman sold off to be a bride?

Look, clearly I'm missing something here. In my opinion, it was in bad taste. Was it the worst thing in the world, obviously not. However, I am looking forward to seeing a new, reimagined scene with the same characters we enjoy.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

Uhh, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean isn't exactly the epitome of Pirate history. This is just drama for the sake of creating drama, and nothing more. Just as it was in '06 and in '97. If you want actual pirate history, go to a museum.

KBLovedDisney

Nope, I wasn't judging. I was legitimately wondering why people liked that scene so much.
It was just such a wonderful iconic scene to me as a kid. That's how I ultimately remembered the PotC ride. That's the thing though, even as an adult, the ONLY thing that that scene represented to me then and now (and probably to others who favored this scene) was because it was a part of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Period. The only issues that seem to be arising now are when people try to take the fantasy and fun out of something and make it into a huge issue... but back to the actual topic at hand.

Yes, they are changing the scene and I did get to see a clip of the one in Paris. I will say that I do look forward to the better AAs with the more fluid movements.

graphite1326

A concern of wanting to see an auction of the hottest woman sold off to be a bride?

Look, clearly I'm missing something here. In my opinion, it was in bad taste. Was it the worst thing in the world, obviously not. However, I am looking forward to seeing a new, reimagined scene with the same characters we enjoy.
pfffft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom