**CELEBRATION 25 Complete and Total Coverage Thread!**

maggiegrace1

Happy Birthday EPCOT!

Michael got me Figment and a pin and a map!

YAY!

Have fun everyone!

Im on the phone with him now and Someone just called out "Bring Back Dreamfinder"..:)
Everyone cheered!

He is waiting for the rededication to stat..:)

culturenthrills

So did they give out tickets for the Marty Skylar presentations? Disney really dropped the ball on this since there is no mention on the passholder website about handing out tickets. We are getting there around 130(we were signed up for the Celebration 25 but my gf was not feeling well so she didn't want to get up early this morning) but from a picture i saw i guess we shouldn't even bother trying to see about getting in since they were apparently handing out tickets this morning. Well, at least we will get a button and retro map and kick ______ fireworks tonight. And I am guessing all the merchandise is already sold out. I really think they underestimated the demand for merchandise today. Hopefully there will be some non limited edition 25th merchandise released.

Brett

I really considered blowing off everything today and going down for this. My fall break is NEXT Monday and Tuesday. Argh!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY EPCOT!!!!!

MGMBoy

Hey all! I have about 15-20 of the special maps (which are really cool BTW) for people who couldn't be there. I know two or three people had asked in earlier posts so they get one each. PM me if you would like one. First come, first served. Will be posting pictures of the shirt, Figment, Map, and button ASAP. First I'm uploading the video and will be posting the link here as soon as I have it. :)

prberk

From the Orlando Sentinel's blog for the 25th:

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/

The rededication ceremony just wrapped up with many Disney-style elements. Cast members representing all the Future World and World Showcase pavilions paraded about, and Disney execs talked about living the dream.

The main speaker was longtime Imagineer Marty Sklar. “Today on Oct. 1, 2007, we re-dedicste Epcot and ourselves to a new future that begins now,” he said.

He also quoted Walt Disney himself: “You can educate people, but don't tell people you're doing it.”

Also included was a pouring of water ceremony with H2O from the nations. America's was from the Mississippi, but Italy brought water “from the Pope.” Top that!

That last paragraph was a surprise to me!! How cool was that? Can't wait for the pictures.

Jerm

I hope everyone is having a great day! I would also love to toss my hat in for a 25th map, I will trade you a DL 50th map;-)

J

hp200lx

Hey all! I have about 15-20 of the special maps (which are really cool BTW) for people who couldn't be there. I know two or three people had asked in earlier posts so they get one each. PM me if you would like one. First come, first served. Will be posting pictures of the shirt, Figment, Map, and button ASAP. First I'm uploading the video and will be posting the link here as soon as I have it. :)

MGMBoy, I just sent you a PM, lemme know if I'm one of the lucky few.

scasta86

Hello, if anyone was able to pick up extra retro park maps that they'd be willing to mail out to me please PM. I'd be more than willing to pay for shipping, and I would be forever thankful to you!

theRIOT

A little b-day gift to Epcot!

I got inspired and decied to come up with a little poster sized image featuring my favorite, former circle logoed park of the 21st century.

Enjoy.

If anyone likes it I could make it into a desktop.

Cheers!

Epcotbegan.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom