**CELEBRATION 25 Complete and Total Coverage Thread!**

loweyan

Cast Member Names

As far as the two I remember,

Eugene (from event services) was the Cast member who stuck around with us to wait for the burnoff and lead us out of the park

and

I believe the one from our history walks was named Brent who was very patient and helpful.

They were both very extremely nice and chatted with us prior to the history walks and the burnoff.

Plus to be able to deal with our rowdy group isn't the easiest thing in the world lol.

~Marcus

TheBeatles

I've got to say that this was one of the best WDW trips I've ever had and I'll even go as far as saying that it was one of the best days of my life. I cannot stop thinking about Monday and how truly remarkable it was that so many people were together for 1 day. Adam (and everyone who worked with him), this was an event that left nothing to be desired. To me, it was the closest I've ever come to having a 100% perfect day at Disney. I enjoyed everyone who came out and everything we participated in. Heres hoping for Celebration 50!

Most importantly, to everyone I met and chatted with, you can always consider me a friend. The cohesiveness I felt with my fellow Disney fans is a feeling I will take with me for the rest of my life. I will forever remember Celebration 25 as a day of friendship.

This was truly a great day in my life that can never be rivaled. Thank you everyone who came out and showed what a little imagination and determination can do. I hope no one ever forgets "We Did It!"

Jerm

From someone on the other side of the U.S. I have to thank all of you for all the hard work you did to keep us up to date on what we were missing. I would also like to thank Jenn and Adam for all their hard work! I will be taking note of what I missed when I am there in Dec.

J

ZapperZ

I'll echo what everyone else has said - it was a spectacular and memorable 2 days. Even the walk back from the burn-off to the gate is something I would remember for the rest of my life.

I was a bit disappointed that because of the on again, off again rain, I decided not to videotape Illuminations and the anniversary tag afterwards, especially considering how jaw-dropping it was. However, it allowed me to enjoy it to the fullest without fumbling with my camera and camcorder. But I think, because of that lack of distractions, somehow in the middle of Illuminations surrounded by friends, I actually did think about all the other WDWMagic members who couldn't be here. This may sound silly, but for the first time that day, I somehow felt the presence of so many others who were here in spirit. You may not have been here physically, but you KNOW you were here with us no matter where you were.

It was another one of those moments where my shoes and socks were wet, and I was almost soaked, but at that moment in time, there was no place else that I'd rather be than right there.

Thank you to Adam, Jason, Jen, John, and the rest of the gang who made it into 2 very special day.

Zz.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The situation at Illuminations was truly unique. Every one there was soaked to the bone but I did not hear a single person complain. Even when we were informed time and time again that the burn off was going to be delayed no one griped. Many of us stayed to the bitter end what did we do on our midnight march to the front of the park...we sang Disney songs.

The rain might have dampened our bodies but not our spirits. It was truly an honor share such a great event with so many great people.

Eyorefan

First of all a HUGE thanks to Jenn, Adam, Jason and everyone who stepped up to help pull this great event off. It was amazing and I am so happy that I got to be a small part of it. I will never forget the dedication ceremony, seeing Marty's presentation or the big group ride on JII. It was awesome seeing that line, even it was only for a short while.

Unfortunately my day was cut short. We were rushing from dinner to meet up at AA, and my DD's dinner decided that it didn't agree with her. :hurl: Then the heavens opened up and the rain began to pour down. I was faced with the unfortunate decision to return to the room for the night. I am really sorry that I missed seeing AA with everyone, I haven't seen it in years. And now that I am reading all of these reports of the end of the night, I am truly sorry I missed out. However, a big thanks to Steve for posting the video for those of us who could not be there ourselves.

Also, I can't wait for the official Celebration 25 photo album to come out. I'm am so short, all of pics of the dedication ceremony are of people's arms and cameras.

Disney_Freak429

On another note I was singing durring AA (I wasn't paying $4 for a flag sorry lol)

It was really a once in a lifetime event now I must go save more pics from the photo topic.

I will check back in more here tonight after work glad everyone had a great time & got home ok.

Jekyll_Baker

Just got back home about 3.5 hours. Would have posted earlier, but had to unpack and wash the darn lovebugs off the car before they ate up the paint. Though I do think I need to make a quick post.

I haven't read too much of the thread yet, actually reading backwards and may take a day or so to read everything missed and added over the last 3 fun-filled day. But I can echo what has been said that I have read. A GREAT TIME WAS HAD!!!! From 7am Oct 1, to about 12:05am Oct 2. Besides the re-dedication (WOW!), the group rides, the rain (UUGH!), the Marty Sklar talk (better than dreamed of!), the ROE 25th tag (awesome), and our private EMH waiting for the burnoff :) - I think the best part was getting to meet many of you and being able to put a face to many of the screen names. MAny new friends were made.

Until we meet again, may it not take another 25 years!

(of course, talk with you all sooner :) )

Jekyll_Baker

Also, has anybody looked to see how much Epcot 25th stuff there already is on eBay!? Surplus Kingdom has a set of everything, from the freebies, the shirt, the plush, the watch and the pins - 15 items - for $355. As well as many others selling shirts, plushes, pins and the freebies (button and guide). even saw someone selling the button and guide for at least $25.

mpaul32001

I think the best part was getting to meet many of you and being able to put a face to many of the screen names. MAny new friends were made.

Until we meet again, may it not take another 25 years!

(of course, talk with you all sooner :) )

This is me! I'm sure I met you somewhere!

Me_.PNG

Me with a Thumbs up!

1465921436_3fb1ddcbe1.jpg

Gorjus

Those were the 2 best CM's on the planet. I was able to talk to the one gentleman and found out that he heard about our event and requested to work it because he thought that we would be a fun crowd. I wonder if he was thinking that when we all broke into WDW karaoke on the walk to the front of the park at midnight?:lol:

Yoda, you were there? Jeesh, I wish I'd known that. I would have searched for you. If I have any critique of the event, it would be that there was no way to match screen names and real names. So basically, while I may have been surrounded by forum friends, I had no idea who was who. Perhaps a game or just an introduction time while we were stuck in Italy for so long.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I made a last minute trip down for the celebration and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! It was amazing! I met a lot of forum members even the much sought after Merf. I think Marie and I should get a prize for finding you. :lol:

We tried to introduce ourselves to as many of you as possible, but there were so many of you it was impossible.

Martin (Marney) is a sweetheart! Jackie Steele is such a gentleman. I met Adam and we chatted a bit. I talked to Lou and my old friend Deb Wills. It was great seeing her there. I enjoyed hanging out with my good friends Wannabebelle, I'm a Mouse, Shoppingnut, Clemson Tigger, Master Yoda and family and my BFF Mel!

Clemson Tigger has a new best friend....her name is Dolly Drew! :ROFLOL:

Anyone for Sangria?

We definately need to do this again. It was wonderful. Only next time we need STEVE there to join us. hint hint

Great job Adam and all of those of you who set this up. You really did a wonderful job. I am sorry that I don't remember everyone's name that I met at the meet, but it was wonderful meeting you all!

Pam

EPCOT.nut

I've got to say that this was one of the best WDW trips I've ever had and I'll even go as far as saying that it was one of the best days of my life. I cannot stop thinking about Monday and how truly remarkable it was that so many people were together for 1 day. Adam (and everyone who worked with him), this was an event that left nothing to be desired. To me, it was the closest I've ever come to having a 100% perfect day at Disney. I enjoyed everyone who came out and everything we participated in. Heres hoping for Celebration 50!

Most importantly, to everyone I met and chatted with, you can always consider me a friend. The cohesiveness I felt with my fellow Disney fans is a feeling I will take with me for the rest of my life. I will forever remember Celebration 25 as a day of friendship.

This was truly a great day in my life that can never be rivaled. Thank you everyone who came out and showed what a little imagination and determination can do. I hope no one ever forgets "We Did It!"

Amen! Celebration 26, anyone?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I made a last minute trip down for the celebration and I wouldn't have missed it for the world! It was amazing! I met a lot of forum members even the much sought after Merf. I think Marie and I should get a prize for finding you. :lol:

We tried to introduce ourselves to as many of you as possible, but there were so many of you it was impossible.

Martin (Marney) is a sweetheart! Jackie Steele is such a gentleman. I met Adam and we chatted a bit. I talked to Lou and my old friend Deb Wills. It was great seeing her there. I enjoyed hanging out with my good friends Wannabebelle, I'm a Mouse, Shoppingnut, Clemson Tigger, Master Yoda and family and my BFF Mel!

Clemson Tigger has a new best friend....her name is Dolly Drew! :ROFLOL:

Anyone for Sangria?

We definately need to do this again. It was wonderful. Only next time we need STEVE there to join us. hint hint

Great job Adam and all of those of you who set this up. You really did a wonderful job. I am sorry that I don't remember everyone's name that I met at the meet, but it was wonderful meeting you all!

Pam
And I was lucky enough to catch their first moment together on film.:lol:

P1130944.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yoda, you were there? Jeesh, I wish I'd known that. I would have searched for you. If I have any critique of the event, it would be that there was no way to match screen names and real names. So basically, while I may have been surrounded by forum friends, I had no idea who was who. Perhaps a game or just an introduction time while we were stuck in Italy for so long.
In my case I put both on my name tag. I'll be back down no later than the second week of December so we will definitely need to hook up.

jedimaster1227

Amen! Celebration 26, anyone?

Anything is possible! I know all of our staff has talked about the possibility of an annual event, but I need to see whats going to be going on before I start planning another major fan event... As of right now, consider the fact that throughout the entire weekend, I looked (carefully) at every aspect of Celebration 25. In doing so, I saw what worked, and what didn't (really, everything worked, so there wasn't much to be removed). Next year, the 25th will be on a Wednesday, which again will be difficult for those of us in school (especially seniors), but like I did earlier this year, I will let my parents know way in advance that this is happening- and considering how proud they are (not gloating, just reflecting), I doubt they will really argue.

I have actually begun to type up a list of ideas for our next event, and in doing so, I look forward to your input. Currently, my thought process is that we make this next event larger, spanning multiple parks (possibly) and multiple days. I never expected Celebration 25 to be compared to Mousefest, but surprisingly enough, I heard it said plenty of times this weekend. While I can basically say that official cruises are out of the way, I think extending the event from a Friday to a Wednesday is possible. Marcus and I spoke about kicking off the event with a group dinner (though obviously, it would have to be a private event, since we would have such a large number of people)... I'm going to be working on this list over the next week, but if you all have any ideas, please feel free to PM me, email me at zmanatr@cfl.rr.com or skype me at jedimaster1227.

Looking forward to your responses,

~Adam~

imamouse

Anything is possible! I know all of our staff has talked about the possibility of an annual event, but I need to see whats going to be going on before I start planning another major fan event... As of right now, consider the fact that throughout the entire weekend, I looked (carefully) at every aspect of Celebration 25. In doing so, I saw what worked, and what didn't (really, everything worked, so there wasn't much to be removed). Next year, the 25th will be on a Wednesday, which again will be difficult for those of us in school (especially seniors), but like I did earlier this year, I will let my parents know way in advance that this is happening- and considering how proud they are (not gloating, just reflecting), I doubt they will really argue.

I have actually begun to type up a list of ideas for our next event, and in doing so, I look forward to your input. Currently, my thought process is that we make this next event larger, spanning multiple parks (possibly) and multiple days. I never expected Celebration 25 to be compared to Mousefest, but surprisingly enough, I heard it said plenty of times this weekend. While I can basically say that official cruises are out of the way, I think extending the event from a Friday to a Wednesday is possible. Marcus and I spoke about kicking off the event with a group dinner (though obviously, it would have to be a private event, since we would have such a large number of people)... I'm going to be working on this list over the next week, but if you all have any ideas, please feel free to PM me, email me at zmanatr@cfl.rr.com or skype me at jedimaster1227.

Looking forward to your responses,

~Adam~

Sounds great to me! Talk about Dream Finder FOREVER :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom