Castle pics 3/12/05

speck76

Original Poster
TimeTrip said:
Sigh.. that mirror is way too big...

I don't think it looks bad.....and since it will only be up for 18 months.......it is not the end of the world.

MicBat

Wow!! Up until now, I've been really anti-castle up until now! It looks amazing at night!! Thanks for sharing!!

I cant really tell... Have they put Tinker Bell up yet???

Computer Magic

speck76 said:
I don't think it looks bad.....and since it will only be up for 18 months.......it is not the end of the world.
I would agree. The mirror doesn't look that bad. Look forward to seeing it up close unlike the pink cake.

Icekid84

I'm with the people who think the mirror is to big, I mean if you want to keep the mirror that size atleast push it back to attach to the center of the castle, asis now looks awfull sitting like that.

thimblekisses

Wow! Your castle pics are beautiful! NICE JOB!!!!:D

From where were you viewing Wishes? I don't know if I've ever seen it from that angle before.

speck76

Original Poster
thimblekisses said:
Wow! Your castle pics are beautiful! NICE JOB!!!!:D

From where were you viewing Wishes? I don't know if I've ever seen it from that angle before.

I usually like to view from the left side of the hub, just on the castle side of the Adventurland access path.....but as the hub wall on that side keeps getting larger and larger, I was at the back of the hub....slighly on the right side.

Badger Brent

If you want the mirror as the eye catching piece on the castle, then they did their job. But I don't think that was their intention, until I see it personally I will hold off on final thoughts. Thanks for the pics though!!

PamelaNiebergal

I think the mirror as well as the castle overall look beautiful, especially at night. I wasn't a big fan of the cake overlay but I think this really adds to the beauty of the castle-besides it's not forever.

DDuckFan130

Great pictures Brad :wave:

I think the castle looks very nice. I think the mirror looks very nice as well. I just think that whatever way it goes, it's never going to please everyone. That's ok though, because I guess if we all thought the same way, that'd be boring. ::shrugs::

Captain Hank

I don't know. I actually kind of like the mirror the more I look at it. I don't really mind it, since it's temporary. I think it takes away from what could have been a very nice, formal effect that they would have achieved with just the trim and characters. But, I don't really mind the effect they achieved. I'll have to see it in person to make my final decision, though.

Maybe that's why they made the mirror a little akward--to draw us fanatics into the park to decide whether we like it, or not. :)

scottnj1966

My castle pics.

castle03-11-2005099.jpg

castle03-11-2005088.jpg

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/castlecelebration.htm

Robfasto

Great pictures thanks for sharing.

For those how think the mirror is to big, remember that it could be much worse as I think back to 1996 and the Castle Cake.

For those that will be going back to the Magic Kingdom in the next few weeks I would really like to see a picture from the 2nd Floor of the Train Station to see how the Castle looks. Thanks

scorp111

Thanks for the photo update.

I like the change, and especially because it is only temporary.

It will give a lot of my photos an automatic "timestamp" on my upcoming trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom