Castle pics 3/12/05

H

HannahOr18

Great Pics!

Those are great pics. Thanks again for reminding me of how bad I want to go back!

jaredliu

I like the mirror so much at the first place. But it looks very dark at night. Originally it's the clock and there is light inside. If they make the mirror lighting up it will be so much better.

DDuckFan130

tigsmom said:
I still say I liked the cake. :wave:
Yep! I have pictures of it from our one and only trip during the celebration, and I love those pictures :D And my goodness, it was only for a year and it's been almost a decade. Let's move on with our lives :lol:

DDuckFan130 said:
it was only for a year and it's been almost a decade. Let's move on with our lives :lol:
My God has it been that long? Things have certainly changed around here! I remember when this was all farmland as far as the eye can see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees...

I thought the cake looked kind tacky, especially compared to the Paris one, which I thought looked better. My problem has never been with how the cake looked though, but with what the cake took away from first time visitors (My wife's first time at WDW was with the Cake Castle, maybe that's why I have such strong feelings against them tinkering with the Castle?)

DDuckFan130

626 said:
My God has it been that long? Things have certainly changed around here! I remember when this was all farmland as far as the eye can see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees...

I thought the cake looked kind tacky, especially compared to the Paris one, which I thought looked better. My problem has never been with how the cake looked though, but with what the cake took away from first time visitors (My wife's first time at WDW was with the Cake Castle, maybe that's why I have such strong feelings against them tinkering with the Castle?)
I can see your point, and sometimes it's hard seeing from that perspective when we've been as many times as we have. But I guess another way of seeing it, is your wife caught the castle in a way that we will never see again, and she was lucky to be there during that celebration. Whereas the original "splendor" of the castle will always be there.

That's true :) One picture I always like to take is of the castle from the bridge by Frontierland. I have this one awesome picture of the Cake Castle reflecting in the water there it is so bright and pink and the angle I took it at makes the castle almost look upside down. That's one thing I've got to hand to the Cake, it sure looked cool in that picture...

speck76

Original Poster
Buzzforprez said:
PamelaNiebergal said:
I think the mirror as well as the castle overall look beautiful, especially at night. I wasn't a big fan of the cake overlay but I think this really adds to the beauty of the castle-besides it's not forever.[/QUOTE]

Didn't we think that about the wand and the hat too????????

no.......not really?

Neither of those structures were ever considered or marketed as an "overlay"

speck76

Original Poster
donsullivan said:
Does anyone know if there will be a new lighting package for the castle to better highlight things like the mirror once it's finished?

I thought I ahd read somplace that the mirror would be internally lit......the castles displayed in the mirror would look like stained glass, and would glow.

The mirror seems to look ok with the brighter light patterns on the castle, but with the blues and purples, it is very dark.

donsullivan

Premium Member
speck76 said:
I thought I ahd read somplace that the mirror would be internally lit......the castles displayed in the mirror would look like stained glass, and would glow.

The mirror seems to look ok with the brighter light patterns on the castle, but with the blues and purples, it is very dark.

That's what I noticed on Friday night. Normally I like the changing hues that they use on the castle lighting (except maybe the orange one) but it doesn't seem to work quite so well with the overlay on it. The darker color pallettes (blues & purples) seem to cast some really odd shadows on the characters and the mirror.

I kind of wondered if the 'stained glass' might not be black light paint (purely speculation on my part) and their would be a ring of lighting around the frame of the mirror to light it. It just seems that they'll need to make an adjustment to the way the front of the castle is lit to highlight the mirror. I know they're not done yet that's why I was curious if anyone might have heard anything.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Was the mirror supposed to show all of the castles? I was there yesturday and I only saw 1 castle, Disneyland's I believe.

speck76

Original Poster
warlord said:
Was the mirror supposed to show all of the castles? I was there yesturday and I only saw 1 castle, Disneyland's I believe.

It is not listed as being operational for another few weeks.

Trishnh

WOW!! Those are great photos!! Thanks for sharing!

As for the mirror, I am not a big fan of that :brick: . I like the other decorations, but I think that is just an eyesore--a very big eyesore!! :lookaroun

riguitargod

Hey, what Kind of camera did you use?

my digi cam took some crappy pics at Wishes last year... all except one (my avatar) I'm trying to figure out what cameras are good for that sort of thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom