Castle pics 3/12/05

speck76

Original Poster
riguitargod said:
Hey, what Kind of camera did you use?

my digi cam took some crappy pics at Wishes last year... all except one (my avatar) I'm trying to figure out what cameras are good for that sort of thing.

me?

I have a Panasonic FZ3....3.4 MP with a 12x optical zoom.

I did not use a tripod, and it shows :lol:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz3/

fz3_3q-001.jpg

speck76

Original Poster
Computer Magic said:
IT takes good pictures or are you just good at taking pictures. I need to buy one for my upcoming trip. Do you know if this model will be replaced any time soon?

It is the camera.....trust me :D

sillyspook13 uses the same model, although her eye is much better than my own.

I am not sure if it will be replaced...FZ3 is a 3.4mp version, FZ20 is 6mp I think, and has a larger body. They annouced last month the FZ4 and FZ5, 4.0 and 5.0mp versions, with a few slight changes to make the camera a little easier to use (not that it is hard by any means).

Lakermouser

Great Pics

Two questions about these great photos. What type of camera do you use and how did you take them (tripod, settings?) I would appreciate your answer as we are going in May and I want to take some night shots.
Thanks

speck76

Original Poster
Lakermouser said:
Two questions about these great photos. What type of camera do you use and how did you take them (tripod, settings?) I would appreciate your answer as we are going in May and I want to take some night shots.
Thanks

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=936210&postcount=81

and for the non-firework shots, I used a 3" tripod that was placed on a railing.

291660447.jpg

The firework shots were hand-held....I think about F4ish and 1/5sec...somewhere in that area.

MiRi

I think it's coming out great. Yea, the mirror does look a little big in the photos. But the mirror is meant to be seen. If it was small, we wouldn't be able to see it well from Main Street, no? The Imagineers know what they're doing and I appreciate their hard work. :animwink: I can't wait to see the Castle again in person.

cherrynegra

speck76 said:
I don't think it looks bad.....and since it will only be up for 18 months.......it is not the end of the world.

Yes it is!!! It's the end of the world as we know it I tell you!!! First they're gonna leave that mirror up and then TTA will get the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay!!!!!!!! :p

Thanks for the pics. Very pretty.

SpectroMan

It's not looking as bad as I thought it would. The big "mirror" is kind of growing on me.

With the grand decorations they put up for Disneyland's 50th, can you imagine what is going to be going on for WDW's 50th?

Jon_in_NC

MrNonacho said:
I think it looks great. I have a feeling that many of the people who dislike the mirror now will be complaining about how plain the castle looks once it's removed.

Sometimes less is more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom