News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

Cars Land at WDW should've focused more thematically on the east coast places that we saw in Cars 3 to pay homage to the southeast being the birthplace of NASCAR and the Daytona 500. Just make a completely new land, separate from Frontierland.
Agreed! This makes so much sense. They could even keep the off-roading type of ride especially since that was a big thing in Cars 3

Stripes

Premium Member
The first pitch for Beyond Big Thunder in D23 2022, which I don’t think got much hate, was Encanto and Coco. I hated that idea because the American frontier is not South America and Mexico.

The story of these Cars attractions are clearly taking place in the American frontier and it is a natural fit to expand the borders of Frontierland as we are essentially walking from the frontier of the past to the frontier of the present where we use cars instead of horses to get around.

It’s still the frontier. Just a different era. That’s how I see it. And I can’t think of a better, popular IP, to choose instead.

I’m also so glad we didn’t just get a RSR copy!

rct247

This was one of the one announcements I wasn't thrilled about. If you told me that this was a transition from Grizzly Peak to Cars Land at DCA, it would have made sense. Even the Carsland from DCA blends with Thunder's location and colors, but this doesn't really capture Frontierland. Instead, I feel like it is trying to repaint the troublesome aspects of the American frontier. Frontierland is becoming what happened to California Adventure - deliberate placemaking and time periods evoking California and its history has been thrown out the window for IPs.

The concept itself seems fun, but again in the wrong location. Even putting it in a North America themed section at Animal Kingdom celebrating nature and the great outdoors fits better!

nicb88

Just a thought, are we sure they won’t be replacing BTMRR?

‘Take on wild terrain as you race across the landscape climbing mountain trails, dodging geysers and — Mater’s favorite — splashing through mudholes.’

These are all elements of the existing ride, and it’d sure be easier for them to retheme - we’ve seen it happen already to beloved attractions. It’s already been said that TBA divides the land and leaves BTM out on its own…

solidyne

‘Take on wild terrain as you race across the landscape climbing mountain trails, dodging geysers and — Mater’s favorite — splashing through mudholes.’

These are all elements of the existing ride, and it’d sure be easier for them to retheme - we’ve seen it happen already to beloved attractions. It’s already been said that TBA divides the land and leaves BTM out on its own…
Better BTM than TSI. Replacing water with concrete: bad.

McMickeyWorld

I’m not convinced by the idea; I would have preferred to see Coco. I guess they just wanted to stick with a USA theme. However, that conceptual art is something beautiful; it reminded me of artwork made for open world video games. I love how whimsical it is. I hope it’s a long attraction so we can see more of those landscapes.

tommyh88

BTM is in the background of this concept art…
IMG_0917.jpeg

Karakasa

The story of these Cars attractions are clearly taking place in the American frontier and it is a natural fit to expand the borders of Frontierland as we are essentially walking from the frontier of the past to the frontier of the present where we use cars instead of horses to get around.

It’s still the frontier. Just a different era. That’s how I see it. And I can’t think of a better, popular IP, to choose instead.
Worth noting that depending on WHERE exactly it is, it can be a continuation of the kinda-sorta theme that runs from Liberty Square through to Frontierland. If it's really past Big Thunder Mountain, or west of Tiana's, then it works perfectly - start out in 1700s America, and as you work your way west, you go forward in time before hitting the turn of the 21st century.

Thank you for bringing up this point, it turned me around on the idea. At first I was ambivalent and even a little disappointed but bringing up "eras" made it click into place for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom