News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

MerlinTheGoat

There is a lot of room behind Big Thunder especially if they re-route Floridian Way. The could conceivably build both Cars and Villians back there.

View attachment 808152
I mean, you would hope so. But honestly, do you think that's actually likely? Or is it more likely that they'd fill in the RoA and use that land instead? I think the latter is far more likely.

The RoA and shoreline surrounding it within the railroad berm is signfiicantly larger than the entirety of DCA's Cars Land. And the MK variant is not a clone of that land. They aren't building the accompanying town, which reduces that land's footprint by more than a third, and the Cars attraction shown at the presentation is also not a clone of RSR. The rockwork is much smaller than the Cadillac Range and I suspect the track layout is also not going to take up as much land either. If the art ends up being at all accurate, there's also a centralized "mesa" structure that the ride spirals up into. You can also see Big Thunder in the background of this piece of art to the left-

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57212.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this tall mesa structure goes roughly where the southern part of TSI was located, with the entirety of the RoA filled in and the lower half replaced with this Cars Land. Further up north being villains, but still potentially staying within the berm of the railroad track.

Something like this seems the most plausible to me, and wouldn't require as much land redevelopment as an actual expansion would-

1723382097700.png

The Yellow and Purple could be slightly larger or smaller depending on which land needs more space, blue being any potential spillover that might be necessary (but perhaps not needed as there's ample room within the existing RoA footprint if they do fill that in completely).

This is assuming however that Villains is still intended to go in the Frontierland area at all. They didn't actually specify whether this was still the plan to be fair. I still expect it to be, but they only said "coming to Magic Kingdom". There's actually still quite a bit of designated expansion land in Fantasyland. A plot directly to the north of Tron past the Circus. They could also probably figure something out with the land north of Magic Kingdom Dr if they tried (that blue highlighted area is a part of that).

Dcgc28

This is assuming however that Villains is still intended to go in the Frontierland area at all. They didn't actually specify whether this was still the plan to be fair. I still expect it to be, but they only said "coming to Magic Kingdom". There's actually still quite a bit of designated expansion land in Fantasyland. A plot directly to the north of Tron past the Circus. They could also probably figure something out with the land north of Magic Kingdom Dr if they tried (that blue highlighted area is a part of that).
I'm assuming and have all along that it will have an entrance area from Fantasyland and from over by Haunted Mansion so count me in for the blue area.

Also I got laughed at and told I was wrong when I said they were getting rid of Frontierland, and even though they may not by name Cars Land/Area/whatever proves I was right. I'm still shocked they didn't slam Frozen in there somehow but they said hold my beer and picked an even older more outdated IP.

My kids will love it though.

Last edited:

JD80

I mean, you would hope so. But honestly, do you think that's actually likely? Or is it more likely that they'd fill in the RoA and use that land instead? I think the latter is far more likely.

The RoA and shoreline surrounding it within the railroad berm is signfiicantly larger than the entirety of DCA's Cars Land. And the MK variant is not a clone of that land. They aren't building the accompanying town, which reduces that land's footprint by more than a third, and the Cars attraction shown at the presentation is also not a clone of RSR. The rockwork is much smaller than the Cadillac Range and I suspect the track layout is also not going to take up as much land either. If the art ends up being at all accurate, there's also a centralized "mesa" structure that the ride spirals up into. You can also see Big Thunder in the background of this piece of art to the left-

Cars-Land-Magic-Kingdom_Full_57212.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if this tall mesa structure goes roughly where the southern part of TSI was located, with the entirety of the RoA filled in and the lower half replaced with this Cars Land. Further up north being villains, but still potentially staying within the berm of the railroad track.

Something like this seems the most plausible to me, and wouldn't require as much land redevelopment as an actual expansion would-

View attachment 808189

The Yellow and Purple could be slightly larger or smaller depending on which land needs more space, blue being any potential spillover that might be necessary (but perhaps not needed as there's ample room within the existing RoA footprint if they do fill that in completely).

This is exactly what I was thinking. That snowy area could be where Tom Sayer's Island is.

ConVMagic

Worth noting that depending on WHERE exactly it is, it can be a continuation of the kinda-sorta theme that runs from Liberty Square through to Frontierland. If it's really past Big Thunder Mountain, or west of Tiana's, then it works perfectly - start out in 1700s America, and as you work your way west, you go forward in time before hitting the turn of the 21st century.

Thank you for bringing up this point, it turned me around on the idea. At first I was ambivalent and even a little disappointed but bringing up "eras" made it click into place for me.

This makes me a little more open to the idea too. I’m just hoping that the sightlines hide the modern looking cars from Frontierland 😬😬

DCLcruiser

Would they actually have ride cars go through mud and water, or will there just be fake mud splattered on the vehicles and a water feature off the track? I feel like water/mud would be a maintenance issue.

Tha Realest

Yep.

My only nagging concern is Villains scale, but that's based more on past performance than current information.
I get the vague sense it’ll be a 7DMT type headliner (though probably a coaster), a C-ticket masquerading as a D, a TSR, a QSR, a snack bar or two, another attempt at a Butterbeer knockoff that’ll be as well received as blue milk, and a bunch of stores that feel like Hot Topic tie ins.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom