News Cars-Themed Expansion at Magic Kingdom

Mouse3268

I’m just hoping however they arrange this keeps the cars themselves generally hidden from other areas of Frontierland and Liberty Square. The terrain itself doesn’t look like it’ll be visually disruptive, at least.

Looking at the art, there appears to be some National Park looking structures that don't look like they'd be too out of place blended in with the rest of Frontierland. Agreed on not wanting to see any Cars or Cars related structures from the rest of the park. Would be fine it's more a sub-land.

Horizonsfan

I would hope they have the sense to make the E-ticket an indoor experience. If the whole point of the expansion(?) is upping capacity and moving guests/LL, this thing needs to be running rain or shine.

solidyne

Since the Villains announcement, this is my thought. The Cars announcement was phrased differently as a revamp of a portion of the land.

Makes me wonder if the rumors of Tiana’s joining Adventureland is true, and they will reroute Frontierland with more of a direct path to BTMR
Right, a "reimagined" portion. It must be TSI.

How can people be so blasé about this? If they are destroying ROA, the responses should not be heart and handclap emojis.

DisneyHead123

Mixed feelings. I think Cars is a great offering for kids who love vehicles. I think this will really speak to a lot of kids and makes sense in terms of MK expanding its appeal.

That said, the theming is a tough sell. Cars doesn’t really fit with any of the themes in surrounding lands. I hope it’s at least quite distinct from Frontier Land, visually and geographically.

James Alucobond

Why they are advertising as an expansion of Frontierland is baffling. They are doing 2 attractions, it is basically a Cars Land. The Villains Land has two attractions as well
Either just do one Cars attraction and a 2nd attraction from a different IP that can be tied in better or just label it as a new Cars Land to Magic Kingdom.
We’ll have to see how it is structured. It was described as being more in the vein of what they’d planned with TRON being neighbor to a reskinned lightcycle Speedway. In other words, two complementary attraction with one that works better for all ages. Time will tell how expansive the area is.

Sir_Cliff

Any idea on if it is replacing anything? Where is it going?
It is very odd and probably very telling they only revealed art that doesn't give any sense of where it's going. If they wanted people to know how it fit into the park, they would have shown some kind of overview of the land more akin to the Blue Sky Beyond Big Thunder art they showed a few years ago rather than the pretty uninspiring art they showed. I suspect they thought revealing that would get an even less enthusiastic/hostile reaction.

Epcot81Fan

Here we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America - oh, and cars from the big city that can talk.​

Josh D’Amaro​

August 10th, 2024​

doctornick

Right, a "reimagined" portion. It must be TSI.

How can people be so blasé about this? If they are destroying ROA, the responses should not be heart and handclap emojis.

Removing RoA and TSI would get a massive disappointment from me, especially on top of Cars not fitting to begin with. Especially with how DL was able to add a large new land while retaining their RoA.

If this is built on new land or only mildly alters RoA/TSI I'd be okay with it.

doctornick

It is very odd and probably very telling they only revealed art that doesn't give any sense of where it's going. If they wanted people to know how it fit into the park, they would have shown some kind of overview of the land more akin to the Blue Sky Beyond Big Thunder art they showed a few years ago rather than the pretty uninspiring art they showed.

Pretty much everything new (i.e. not a replacement like Dinoland or an addition to a place like Avengers) lacked details about location. We don't know where Coco or DCA Pandora are going either.

Sir_Cliff

Pretty much everything new (i.e. not a replacement like Dinoland or an addition to a place like Avengers) lacked details about location. We don't know where Coco or DCA Pandora are going either.
True. Maybe their new method is to just dream up and announce new attractions and figure out where to put them later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom