News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

Definitely no water features in any of the concept art
View attachment 809246
View attachment 809247
As I've said: Will we get what they depict?
Perhaps two waterfalls will get cut down to one?
And just how large will they be anyway?
How large will that bit of water we splash through turn out to be?
I'd imagine ultimately we go over a small bridge with perhaps a splash effect which hopefully remains on.
In any event, none of it will be of the scale of the actual waterway that they are removing.
I hate to be this way, because I used to not be this way.
It's Disney of recent years who have made me this way.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

Has it been addressed why we need a second Autopia? I thought the consensus was that we didn’t need the first.
They likely will get rid of the first. But acknowledging that now begs the question of why they’re doing what they’re about to do to Frontierland / Liberty Square, and they’d rather not address that to the board, shareholders, or the fan community.

Casper Gutman

They likely will get rid of the first. But acknowledging that now begs the question of why they’re doing what they’re about to do to Frontierland / Liberty Square, and they’d rather not address that to the board, shareholders, or the fan community.
They just made it overwhelmingly more difficult to replace the first with anything meaningful thanks to the idiotic placement of Tron.

Bluehill

Blue: maintained as is, potentially with a walkway to the island (Retheme to somthing eg woodys roundup).

Pink: redevelopment as a new land for villains
IMG_3154.jpeg

Kamikaze

It’s nothing like Autopia… because the cars have faces? It seems to be an outdoor car ride with very limited AAs. What differentiates it decisively from Autopia?
Autopia you, you know, drive the cars yourself? Thats the draw. Cars land and this attraction will have a story unfolding around you. Autopia/Speedway theres no story, no anything except you driving the car and inhaling fumes.

Its like saying Test Track and Tomorrowland Speedway are the same. Or all rollercoasters are the same.

phillip9698

Over the years we have had so many comments of wanting each of the parks around the world to be unique.

People here don’t actually want unique parks. They want the same park but with the best version of any particular ride.

Seeing as how the MK more often than not has one of the worst versions of many attractions I welcome a change in direction.

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

Has it been addressed why we need a second Autopia? I thought the consensus was that we didn’t need the first.
The MK Autopia is prime real estate, probably for something for Fantasyland because Disney is allergic to fixing Tomorrowland.
Blue: maintained as is, potentially with a walkway to the island (Retheme to somthing eg woodys roundup).

Pink: redevelopment as a new land for villainsView attachment 809258
It'd be nice to keep the rivers but at this point I've given up any hope of Frontierland/Liberty Square keeping a nice, open, scenic waterfront

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
It’s nothing like Autopia… because the cars have faces? It seems to be an outdoor car ride with very limited AAs. What differentiates it decisively from Autopia?
I mean, come on. You can't compare Tomorrowland Speedway to this attraction. Everything thing is different about it outside of the fact that its a car. The Speedway will be on the chopping block soon anyway, and for that I am grateful.

Tha Realest

Just thought of something. While it’s clear once this is completed, Tomorrowland Speedway will be the second best cars attraction in the park. And while it may feel duplicative, RSR has a 40”, whereas 32” is the requirement for Tomorrowland Speedway. That’s not a huge difference, but cars would have a more limited presumptive guest range

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom