News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Casper Gutman

I was initially upset by this news. I still kinda am. However, the more I've sat on it, the more I'm at least understanding what they are going for. If they pull it off(big if) I actually think this will be great.

This tweet did make me understand the "why?" A lot better. Knowing what I know about operations, this getting done was something they probably begged for. Not "Cars" but removal of dead ends and other issues ahead of Villains.

I also get why the RoA may have been going regardless. I encourage everyone to read the tweet by Bill Zanetti as it sheds a ton of light on the situation.

They KNOW it has to blow people out of the water! Just like they knew Tiana’s had to blow people out of the water! Look at how great that turned out! Why can’t we trust these poor execs making these hard decisions!

They think we’re idiots.

Parker41056

I shared this idea earlier, but I’ve clarified the concept. (Some armchair imagineering😅)

In the concept it appears they‘ve tried to keep the cars area facing north, with the south side made up of mostly rock work, maybe some frontier style buildings, and the back of the show buildings possibly to maintain the integrity of the frontier land street? The east side is mostly forest and rock work, the liberty belle dock building, and a small water feature which hopefully maintains the integrity of liberty square’s theming. And maybe on the west side they’ll build up the bayou aesthetic to work with tiana’s?

if they keep the northern section of ROA and dock the belle there, you’d have some killer views of big thunder and a nice natural area on a new waterfront to provide some scenery. Maybe some bridges crossing over the water flowing from tiana‘s bayou and the waterfall from cars?

possibly a mansion themed restaurant next to the haunted mansion show building to help transition to villains?

just some ideas… I know this likely won’t happen. But it seems like there is a path to doing this that doesn’t sacrifice the theming of each area, and may even be kind of cool.View attachment 809264
Would work perfect. I like how you could create a small Bayou area on the mountain side of cars as well.

Haymarket2008

Also have there been ANY indication about what happens with the water alley that connects to Seven Seas Lagoon?

Maybe there is some credence to them keeping half of the river because it is directly connected to that portion....Seems like an intense job to block that all up and have a backstage dock JUST for the Electrical Water Pageant....

Haymarket2008

This could be just copium talking, but…..the northern path adjacent to Thunder Mountain buts up against trees and….water? 🤔

IMG_5422.jpeg

Last edited:

SpectroMagician

Removing the water and beautiful sightlines. Putting Cars IP zooming by the Haunted Mansion. Having a snowy mountain randomly across from the facades of Frontierland...

Disney is a failed company. How did something this stupid ever get approved!

The way to fix TSI is to build a drawbridge to it and then put something like a themed restaurant on it. Not completely delete all of the water and ambiance for cartoon cars.

peter11435

Removing the water and beautiful sightlines. Putting Cars IP zooming by the Haunted Mansion. Having a snowy mountain randomly across from the facades of Frontierland...

Disney is a failed company. How did something this stupid ever get approved!
There will still be water and beautiful sightlines

Cars will not be zooming by the Haunted Mansion

EricsBiscuit

They should at least send the Liberty Belle to DLP where they have the capacity for 2 riverboats and since their Mark Twain is in a state of disrepair.

For those saying nobody rode the LB, the LB and the Mark Twain had a friendly competition each month as to who got the higher attendance. The LB almost always won!

SpectroMagician

I keep seeing some comments about how there may be a change of mind, and it wont go forward on TSI and RoA. Just to reiterate, this project is full steam ahead, and nobody is reconsidering.
If they do not stop after the horrible feedback, fire lots of people involved with the terrible decision, and move the Cars ride to behind Thunder where there is a TON of space - then Disney deserves to have empty parks.

peter11435

False. The concept are shows them totally filling in the water and having the cars ride right outside the queue for Haunted Mansion.
No. It actually doesn’t show that. It shows the river removed. But it still shows water and waterfalls and there will be more that you can’t see from this art.

And no, the art does not in any way show “cars right outside the queue for haunted mansion.” There’s a large path and extensive landscaping on either side seperating the haunted mansion queue from the cars attractions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
If they do not stop after the horrible feedback, fire lots of people involved with the terrible decision, and move the Cars ride to behind Thunder where there is a TON of space - then Disney deserves to have empty parks.
I think outside of the serious fans, the majority of casual park guests think Cars moving into RoA and TSI is a very good thing.

peter11435

Outside of the echo chamber most of us live in, the feedback for this is not horrible. In fact it’s quite positive.

mickEblu

They KNOW it has to blow people out of the water! Just like they knew Tiana’s had to blow people out of the water! Look at how great that turned out! Why can’t we trust these poor execs making these hard decisions!

They think we’re idiots.

Makes it all the more perplexing. To green light this on the heels of the TBA saga. We or maybe I have to stop giving them so much credit.

Dizknee_Phreek

Magic Kingdom version kinda does. Probably the worst one in the world. It’s such a nothing burger in comparison to the other ones. That’s why I think those of is who’re excited for it getting changed are excited even if we disagree with the chosen IP. It’s kind of unfortunate that the busiest park in the world has got the worst version of a cool land, and that’s gotta change.
I keep seeing comments about how MK has the worst FL, but I honestly don't get it. What makes other FLs more special than MK's? I've been to DL and their FL seemed small and didn't have much more (if anything more) to offer than MK's. Of course, now it will with their shooting arcade, riverboat and island still intact (for now). But I felt underwhelmed with their FL compared to WDW's. Ours always felt so open to me and very "western expansion" like.

James Alucobond

3) The current plan is a STAGGERING aesthetic downgrade - literally paving paradise and putting in a parking lot. It also ruins the entire plan of a third of the park to which the water is integral. It doesn’t even rise to the level of a first draft - it would barely be acceptable as a brainstorming product. It’s unfathomably lazy and a huge indictment of the Imagineers.
I think this is the part where I’m willing to wait and see. Along the existing path, I can see what they’re going for with the transition from the northeast to Appalachia to the Opry to the bayou to Yellowstone to the southwest. I think this can look good from existing Frontierland. Very different, but still good. I’ll have to see how effectively they hide all things Cars. But therein lies the issue, which is that they have to hide parts of it, regardless of how pretty the walls surrounding it end up being. It’s cordoned off because they acknowledge that there will be cognitive dissonance otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom