News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

So about that 2500 guests per hour. Is Disney going to force people at gunpoint to ride that boat and experience that island?

WDW guests have shown over the past decade+ they don’t want to get on that boat or go to that island. No amount of colors on google maps is changing that.
that's right guys, Disney's answer to Epic Universe. MORE BOATS THAT WERE NEVER FULL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOO! This is the logical solution, maybe they could add 10 more boats and I think that means 2 million person capacity to the river. Hear me out, theoretically, if we completely pave over the river and make a giant spiral line that goes to nowhere, it should able to hold atleast 10,000 people in the 4 or so acres. Does anyone want to wait in this line? No... but they COULD.

hopemax

The point is that the concrete lining of the RoA is just a concrete surface, not exposed to exotic or unusual conditions, and although it may have some maintenance costs, isn't especially remarkable or costly to maintain. Disney may no longer want to spend the money but I would view any claims based on the condition of the RoA as a reason for this with extreme skepticism.
It read to me like the type of explanation that sounds good and technical to people who lack the expertise to refute it. And because that kind of expertise isn’t standard, people who have a general understanding of why it feels off, can’t explain it satisfactorily to the believers.

If it were true that the River is in such a poor state, that would be a pretty big indictment of how WDW runs its operations. Which would have negative implications for all the other 50+ year bits around the MK, and the commitment to operations of any future development.

TrainsOfDisney

WDW guests have shown over the past decade+ they don’t want to get on that boat or go to that island. No amount of colors on google maps is changing that.
Enough people were riding the boat that Disney paid quite a bit of money to refurbish it - including a new boiler I believe - which isn’t cheap. They also spent the money to drain the river and re-do the track. Disney wouldn’t have spent that kind of money if the boat wasn’t getting enough daily riders.

You know what else they had at the Olympics this year?

Break dancing!

I bet they could do something really awesome there!
Sea World had a break dancing show when they opened the ice breaker coaster - the talent is available! Haha

lazyboy97o

If it were true that the River is in such a poor state, that would be a pretty big indictment of how WDW runs its operations. Which would have negative implications for all the other 50+ year bits around the MK, and the commitment to operations of any future development.
Like the water bridge connecting Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.

But again I ask, what are the consequences of this supposed impending failure?

Tha Realest

It was fully drained for many months in 2020-21 during a big refurbishment. If the catastrophic failure was imminent then, why was nothing done of it?

phillip9698

Enough people were riding the boat that Disney paid quite a bit of money to refurbish it - including a new boiler I believe - which isn’t cheap. They also spent the money to drain the river and re-do the track. Disney wouldn’t have spent that kind of money if the boat wasn’t getting enough daily riders.

Or maybe they didn’t have an idea of what to do with it at the time other than let it sit unused. They have a plan now and are fully committed to executing it.

The cost to replace that boiler is pennies compared to this new project.

A lot of things can change in 6 years.

peter11435

Even when they did that work they already knew the boat was on borrowed time. There have been plans to remove the river/boat for nearly two decades. I’m aware of at least three proposals for the site.

TrainsOfDisney

Even when they did that work they already knew the boat was on borrowed time. There have been plans to remove the river/boat for nearly two decades. I’m aware of at least three proposals for the site.
Oh I know… it was a major victory when they decided to do the refurbishment. That was when they were looking at options for the railroad locomotives as well.

Phicinfan

I have to assume this is correct, I wonder do you or anyone know if there were plans to extend or move the RR further out as well, to allow for expansion passed BTMRR while Tron was being built? Seems like this is a huge miss.

JD80

I've been away a few days, did all the "Brer ___" accounts finally make their "Rivers of ___" accounts yet on here and twitter to start rage posting yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom