News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

hopemax

All this talk has made me realize that what I love about WDW truly is not just the rides, but the entire experience of the parks. I love the trees, the water features, and beauty of the parks themselves. One of the reasons I love MK so much is because of areas like ROA where I can sit and stare out over the water and think about life. I bet the majority of "rides, rides, rides" people are fine with this because they view the parks as collection of rides to experience and this gives them more of what they want. But for those of us who view the parks as an escape from the hustle and bustle of the world, this choice hurts.
WDW wasn't, at one time one the biggest honeymoon destinations for people who weren't brand fanatics because people wanted to ride attractions all day. It was for service, experiences, placemaking and simply vibes. And while sure they still make a ton of money off people who *are* brand fanatics, it feels like they've totally lost that type of business among normies, based on marketing and travel reporting.

DarkMetroid567

Folks it’s entirely possible to do way with the current configuration of TSI and maintain some semblance of the current Liberty Square and riverfront area and build out what they plan to do - especially if they connect it around behind to Fantasyland.

But they clearly wanted Liberty Square as it presently exists gone.
I’ve said this before but god I Really want nothing more than LS gone

EDIT: unless they bring back muppets. Then we’re back

Obi-Ron-Kenobi

But this isn’t about Tom Sawyer and the river not being “trendy” it’s about no longer having water and peaceful views in the middle of a busy theme park.

To be clear, I would much prefer if they saved the river and the views to this plan. I'm referring more to the posts that this is a huge strategic mistake that will cost visitors, the posts about how this is another sign of the "demise" of Disney, and especially the ones that want to make it political.

You can dislike the decision without also taking it as a direct attack on you as a person, lol

The Empress Lilly

But this isn’t about Tom Sawyer and the river not being “trendy” it’s about no longer having water and peaceful views in the middle of a busy theme park.
They are spending billions to solve the ugliness of WDSP by building a large tranquil water so it looks more like a classic Disney park, while removing it in the MK so it will more resemble WDSP/Disney Adventure Park.

bwr827

I thought Disney had learned to appreciate the importance of water; they're totally reconfiguring Adventure World f/k/a Disney Studios Paris around a new lake. Now, they're replacing Magic Kingdom's main water feature with a cars land? I don't get it.
Calling it “a cars land” is a misrepresentation. This is no Radiator Springs. It looks like a wild, frontier-worthy environment.

phillip9698

So? I keep on seeing these kinds of comments, but htey make no sense.

The choice wasn't "put in Cars" vs "keep RoA/TSI". The choice is "Remove RoA/TSI to put in Cars" vs "Put in Cars and keep RoA/TSI". We can debate the finer points of Cars in MK, but they didn't have to put it in that particular location.

Why not retain the RoA and keep that ambiance and have all the benefit of the Cars addition? Who exactly is losing in that situation?

The easiest to see answer is if they build Cars elsewhere and keep RoA/TSI then they use valuable land for Cars and still have a large area that hardly anyone ever visits………..which would eventually be replaced.

Disney doesn’t want areas people don’t frequent taking up that much space.

SteamboatJoe

I'll have something on that soon
1723500317427.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The audacity displayed in this thread is astounding! All these "experts" proudly proclaiming "Disney can't do this..." or "Disney can't do that..."!!!

Tell you what -- you want a say in what they can or can't do, buy a controlling amount of DIS stock and show up at the Annual Meeting.

Otherwise, get a grip and realize that you're just a revenue unit who will pay WHAT DISNEY ASKS for WHAT DISNEY OFFERS. If you don't like it, take your money somewhere else and clear the walkway space for their new customers.

I think I'm starting to get Iger's disdain for WDW now...

AdventureHasAName

The audacity displayed in this thread is astounding! All these "experts" proudly proclaiming "Disney can't do this..." or "Disney can't do that..."!!!

Tell you what -- you want a say in what they can or can't do, buy a controlling amount of DIS stock and show up at the Annual Meeting.

Otherwise, get a grip and realize that you're just a revenue unit who will pay WHAT DISNEY ASKS for WHAT DISNEY OFFERS. If you don't like it, take your money somewhere else and clear the walkway space for their new customers.

I think I'm starting to get Iger's disdain for WDW now...
They can do it. We're just saying it's stupid and shortsighted ... which it is.

Dizknee_Phreek

I’m sorry if I triggered you with my opinion on the matter which is generally unbothered.

I’m tired of the hypocrisy in the Disney (adult) community when it comes to new additions. It’s like the opposite of the Tiana/Splash announcement- if you weren’t on board with Tiana then you were labeled as “weird” or unable to let go of the past. Then the ride opens and look what happened and how people switched up.

I guess now removing a body of water and a generally unused area for new attractions is suddenly the end of the Disney parks according to certain people on here? I’m annoyed with people embracing the negatives over postive aspects of what this land could bring- I don’t think that’s weird of me at all.
Never said I was triggered by your opinion. But you sure seem to be triggered over others' opinions.

I was one opposed to the Splash/Tiana switch. Mostly because I didn't like PatF as a movie. And because Splash was a modern masterpiece of an attraction and I didn't trust current Disney to make a replacement worthy of that. My opinion hasn't changed since TBA has opened. And I have the same opinion now about this news. RoA is picturesque and one of the few relaxing areas in all of MK. I don't trust current Disney to do the area justice. BBTM was supposed to use new area. This whole time Disney has never said anything about completely removing RoA, so this is a shock to a lot of people. I think it's natural for people to be upset when they feel blindsided.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom