News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

djkidkaz

I enjoy the riverboat a good bit, even if it is only something we do every third trip or so. I actually like it more than the train.

RIP

I think most people find the idea of the riverboat redundant when they come across the lagoon to magic kingdom on a big boat from ttc. I get it, it’s a paddle wheel boat but the average person isn’t a boat enthusiast. They are just seeing, oh it’s another big boat, I already rode one of those today.

JustInTime

Just so we are clear, are you calling the Liberty Belle 'half' of Liberty Square?
No. In the concept art, half of liberty square is missing. Looks like a new parade route and land entrance
IMG_4815.jpeg

MarkTwain

I say permanently dock it at the Grand Floridian. It doesn't make sense thematically, but not any crazier than Mary Poppins theming. At least the color matches.

Just wanted to say I love this idea! Not going to happen but it would actually be a perfect fit. Riverboat tourism was once a huge part of Florida's early history, at roughly the same era as the Grand Floridian.

1723475832188.png

1723475867673.png

Anyway, back to discussing WDI's newest travesty...

DCLcruiser

No. In the concept art, half of liberty square is missing. Looks like a new parade route and land entrance View attachment 808642
It's not missing. It is not in the frame. Look at the boat landing building. It's at the very bottom of the art. Look at how far that is from your photo circle.

Plus, the art is rotated more than the Google Maps image.

Mireille

Premium Member
My knee-jerk reaction is I hate this. I give ZERO effs about Cars, I haven't even ever seen any of the Cars movies. But I'm 51, I don't have kids and Disney World, Magic Kingdom in particular, is for kids and kids seem to love Cars. I'll miss TSI and RoA, but I can't honestly remember the last time, if ever, I actually rode on the riverboat and in the ~30 days in my life I spent any time in MK, I went to TSI like... 4 times max. I will miss seeing it, though. I will miss the idea of a part of the park being set aside for just being rather than standing in a line. And maybe Cars is good, maybe I oughta watch it.. I've heard Cars 2 is absolute garbage, though, particularly the phrase "Cars 2 makes Cars 3 look like Cars 1" comes to mind. My remaining concern is I don't really think MK should have entire lands dedicated to a single IP. I actually don't like it in general and as neat as Pandora and Batuu are, I think the entire land with one IP is kind of lazy and limiting.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I am absolutely devastated about this loss of RoA and TSI. I know that they are low capacity and on valuable real estate, but I feel like Disney keeps insisting that most new attractions need to be an E ticket. Attractions like RoA and TSI and so crucial to the design and flow of a theme park that as they keep removing them, there are going to be less and less things for guests to do when the parks are actually crowded and busy. It is important to have things for guests to do that require little to no wait. Its all part of the experience. This is literally theme park operations 101 but I'm not sure any one at Disney making these decisions has taken that class yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom