News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TomboyJanet

You're making a lot of assumptions about the ride system, how it works, how close vehicles will be, etc. based on stylized artwork. The concern really isn't legitimate until we know something concrete about what is being built. It's just wringing of hands over imagined details.
I agree but that's why I'm asking questions. I don't know how much people know or don't know. I usually find these things out in piece meal. If I came off as rude I apologize It's just the New York Roller Derby girl in me I guess. I tend to be very "to the point" and sarcastic. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

I also just got let go from my job and I'm a little on edge but I didn't realize it may have been coming out here.

Schmidt

While I do agree I don't think it's a good idea to do it on the public boards, message people in private and message mods in private.
All do respect but I couldn’t disagree more which is funny because I usually agree with a lot of what you post. I’m not the passive aggressive type. My message is always honest and respectful. I also call you out if you are full of it.

Going the moderator or personal message route is not my style because it’s useless. A week ago Epcot81 called be a “d bag” on a message board and then erased it. Moderators could care less. When I pm’d him about it he was too much of a coward to even admit to it.

Everyone has the ability to block me or just not read my texts. At least that’s what everyone else says.

The Mom

Premium Member
All do respect but I couldn’t disagree more which is funny because I usually agree with a lot of what you post. I’m not the passive aggressive type. My message is always honest and respectful. I also call you out if you are full of it.

Going the moderator or personal message route is not my style because it’s useless. A week ago Epcot81 called be a “d bag” on a message board and then erased it. Moderators could care less. When I pm’d him about it he was too much of a coward to even admit to it.

Everyone has the ability to block me or just not read my texts. At least that’s what everyone else says.
Should I have publically drawn and quartered him? He got a warning, with points. It was rude and against ToS, but not cause for a permanent ban. And he did remove it.

Just as your complaining about moderation is against ToS, but you won't be banned for doing it.

TomboyJanet

Bookmarking this post to review 5 to 7 years from now when it opens. ;)
Well if it goes anything like TBA Then......owch.... Though TBA Started off strong after the shrinking part it was just like WHATS HAPPENING?

But all snarky TBA references aside, The attraction could be a hit for a while but then taper off when they stop making cars movies and the next generations find them too old. But if the ride is good, it won't need relevancy to stay afloat. Splash Mountain was beloved by so many people who never even saw the original movie. That's why they need these rides to be better than their source material rehashed or reconfigured. It needs to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

For instance, people who don't like Avatar enjoy Pandora. I stopped liking Harry Potter after the fourth book, but still enjoy WW at Universal. I never saw secret life of pets, but the ride in Cali is dope.

On the flip side, I love Frozen, but the Ride leaves me wanting more.

I wont do anything Minions though.....they are specifically designed to annoy anyone over the age of 9
1728486404110.png

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Well if it goes anything like TBA Then......owch.... Though TBA Started off strong after the shrinking part it was just like WHATS HAPPENING?

But all snarky TBA references aside, The attraction could be a hit for a while but then taper off when they stop making cars movies and the next generations find them too old. But if the ride is good, it won't need relevancy to stay afloat. Splash Mountain was beloved by so many people who never even saw the original movie. That's why they need these rides to be better than their source material rehashed or reconfigured. It needs to be greater than the sum of it's parts.

For instance, people who don't like Avatar enjoy Pandora. I stopped liking Harry Potter after the fourth book, but still enjoy WW at Universal. I never saw secret life of pets, but the ride in Cali is dope.

On the flip side, I love Frozen, but the Ride leaves me wanting more.
I think Tiana was just a poor retrofit in a project the didn't even want to do but was forced to do.

I think Disney can build new attractions from the ground up.

I am worried about this technology in this location.

As a side note - few remember how long it took to get Test Track working.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I agree but that's why I'm asking questions. I don't know how much people know or don't know. I usually find these things out in piece meal. If I came off as rude I apologize It's just the New York Roller Derby girl in me I guess. I tend to be very "to the point" and sarcastic. Again I'm sorry if I offended anyone.
You’re “just asking questions” in the same way everyone “just asks questions.” You’re over hyping things like promotional art because you want a certain emotional reaction, not actual information that has been provided. Theme parks fake things all the time. Radiator Springs Racers doesn’t go ask fast as Test Track. A variety of trackless rides already exist. Tower of Terror is a trackless ride with a giant hole at the end of its ride track. There are ASTM safety standards. You’re stirring up nonsense which detracts from real criticisms of the decision.

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

Still any change in the whether can mean change in where the cars end up how do they A: Not collide: and B: stay on the targets

I think that in general wariness is a good thing. Since having a child who loves cars, I’ve ended up doing a fair bit of research into car related rides, and some experiences that are considered totally safe by many are actually surprisingly risky. Was going to take him to our local go kart track until I read about one of the cars flipping on to another as they collided on a curve, crushing another driver’s arm. Was visiting a local pumpkin patch recently and was - er - surprised when the route to the patch involved a brief stretch on an actual road, with actual cars, as we’re sitting in the back of a tractor with no seatbelts or protection of any kind. Ditto for those cute “scooter tours” you can take children as young as 4 on. About as safe as letting your child drive a motorcycle. And don’t get me started about UTVs, as my relatives who live on a farm have been trying to get him riding over hills in one since he was two. Excuse me while I just go breath into a paper bag for awhile…

That said - Disney creating some crazy dangerous car ride is low low loooow on my list of concerns. Even for me, and I am, you know, a crazy person when it comes to this stuff. It’s always good to check things out, of course (just look at Boeing). But Disney has zero motivation to build a dangerous ride that exposes them to million dollar lawsuits and horrendous PR. They are going to prioritize safety over pretty much everything else when a new ride gets built. Again, you can never rule out the idea of some rare and unforeseen technical glitch. But the odds of them building a ride that is just outright unsafe with glaring safety issues? Extraordinarily low.

Disstevefan1

If you are interested in seeing emotional diarrhea from the past, you should check out the Pandora board. No need to wait 2.5-5yrs. It’s the same nonsense.
Disney will either execute or not.

Funny to see those same Never-Pandorians call Pandora one of their favorite rides now. Maybe you know of one. 😉
Pandora is GREAT, it just took WAY TOO LONG to do.

I didn't actually bookmark it. Just another salty post of mine about how long it will take to complete.

Disney has proved time and time again, how long they take to build stuff.

Unless its a DVC, then they move at break neck speed!!!!

etc98

Pandora is GREAT, it just took WAY TOO LONG to do.

I didn't actually bookmark it. Just another salty post of mine about how long it will take to complete.

Disney has proved time and time again, how long they take to build stuff.

Unless its a DVC, then they move at break neck speed!!!!
It didn’t take too long, it was just announced too early

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Like I said....ctx

Still any change in the whether can mean change in where the cars end up how do they A: Not collide: and B: stay on the targets

For instance, Say the car on the top breaks down while in a decline.....where does it end up? are there air bags?
These are legitimate concerns

The promotional material from the rides manufacturer shows it going through puddles, and it doesn't then slip and slide like it went through an olive oil river.

The track is cement concrete made to look like off-road mud and dust. It is 'roughed' to ensure traction. Just like with Safari at DAK.

The video just posted above shows the ride technology already in place and used in a major theme park.

If you're "legitimately concerned" about riding in a remote controlled jeep then how do you ever get the nerve to ride a roller coaster with all the major and fatal damage they can do when things go wrong (and have)? How will you navigate the future world of 'self-driving' cars?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Not saying this is the same that is intended for cars but it does seem like this ride type already exists.

They need to get a team member with a driver's license to pretend to drive the vehicle. This one thinks a slight course correction involves spinning the wheel around a few times.

Disstevefan1

The promotional material from the rides manufacturer shows it going through puddles, and it doesn't then slip and slide like it went through an olive oil river.

The track is cement concrete made to look like off-road mud and dust. It is 'roughed' to ensure traction. Just like with Safari at DAK.

The video just posted above shows the ride technology already in place and used in a major theme park.

If you're "legitimately concerned" about riding in a remote controlled jeep then how do you ever get the nerve to ride a roller coaster with all the major and fatal damage they can do when things go wrong (and have)? How will you navigate the future world of 'self-driving' cars?
Please do not compare this Cars technology to coasters that's been around forever.

There is nothing dangerous in the Cars tech other than being bored to death.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom