News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Disstevefan1

I'll do what I like. Also, learn to read things in context rather than jump to a frame that wasn't at all intended.
I would never tell the Penguin to do anything, it was more of a ask with a please ;)

And yes, I do jump in on things. I am sometimes too lazy to drill back.

I hope you are watching your namesake on HBO MAX. Its a GREAT show.

In my opinion, coasters go FAST with safety because they are on a sophisticated track configuration that need a unexpected, catastrophic, failure mode to be dangerous. Yes we see a report here and there when there is a coaster accident but the millions and millions of successful coaster rides are not reported.

In my opinion, Because of safety, this Cars thing will be a mostly slow ride with hopefully a level and fast straightaway at the end, crossing the finish line to make the ending exciting.

Sort of a trackless TestTrack, in my opinion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In my opinion, coasters go FAST with safety because they are on a sophisticated track configuration that need a unexpected, catastrophic, failure mode to be dangerous. Yes we see a report here and there when there is a coaster accident but the millions and millions of successful coaster rides are not reported.
Yes, but the context was in comparison to the self-driving jeep as being potentially too dangerous. And you agree with me that that won't be the case. So, we're now best friends.

Between the self-driving jeep and coasters, the most dangerous ride in Orlando is the car or bus one takes to get there.

In my opinion, Because of safety, this Cars thing will be a mostly slow ride with hopefully a level and fast straightaway at the end, crossing the finish line to make the ending exciting.
The manufacturer that we presume will be making them advertises pretty fast speeds are possible. But most of the track that we can see in the art is too curvy or rough for that except for the home stretch.

Disstevefan1

This type of technology is nothing new. To be honest this kind of technology is showing up everywhere including your doctors office and operating room, especially in robotics, so I hope you don’t hate it too much.

This isn’t witchcraft. Disney is also risk adverse, so I’m pretty sure Disney isn’t looking to kill people for the sake of a ride.
I KNOW it will be safe. Fast and exciting, not so much..

It a long time off. Lets see what happens.

Disstevefan1

Yes, but the context was in comparison to the self-driving jeep as being potentially too dangerous. And you agree with me that that won't be the case. So, we're now best friends.
YaY!
Between the self-driving jeep and coasters, the most dangerous ride in Orlando is the car or bus one takes to get there.
100 percent true!
The manufacturer that we presume will be making them advertises pretty fast speeds are possible. But most of the track that we can see in the art is too curvy or rough for that except for the home stretch.
This is why, in my opinion, this cars thing will be mostly slow-ish except for the home stretch as you say, to make it an exciting ending. In my opinion, if they do this, folks will come off this attraction with big smiles!

Disstevefan1

Ok. As long as you know this won’t be good. You are too much. 😂
I KNOW it will be safe. I wonder if it will be will be exciting.

IF they have a nice flat FAST home stretch to the finish line it could be good.

As I said we could end up with a sort of trackless TestTrack.

Its kind of an obvious plot.

And that is another reason I am worried Disney wont do it. Think of the obvious, correct way to do something and Disney will do something else.

Jrb1979

This should be a high speed thrilling race through the wilderness. Cars is about racing, not a Sunday drive through the backwoods of Frontierland. It should be as fast as Test Track if not faster.

TomboyJanet

The promotional material from the rides manufacturer shows it going through puddles, and it doesn't then slip and slide like it went through an olive oil river.

The track is cement concrete made to look like off-road mud and dust. It is 'roughed' to ensure traction. Just like with Safari at DAK.

The video just posted above shows the ride technology already in place and used in a major theme park.

If you're "legitimately concerned" about riding in a remote controlled jeep then how do you ever get the nerve to ride a roller coaster with all the major and fatal damage they can do when things go wrong (and have)? How will you navigate the future world of 'self-driving' cars?
Like I said I don't trust self driving cars. They run stopsigns and brake for no reason. I always see a tesla and I';m like what is that guy thinking? and then I see them on the phone while the car is driving and I'm like Oh it's the AI that's driving badly.

I was just curious as to what happens it it breaks down on a down hill is there a bumper thing or what cuz impacts while maybe not life threatening can be at least very physically annoying. Yep that's the phrase I'm sticking with.

I just hope they are smart with the use of this, that they listen to the engineers and not try to over demand things. I just keep thinking about how the crashing spiderman in california could be people now. (though on a lesser scale)

I'm just wondering is all. I don't have all the answers I'm just not a fan of this decade because people think too much in spreadsheets now and not in reality.

Last edited:

JD80

Like I said I don't trust self driving cars. They run stopsigns and brake for no reason. I always see a tesla and I';m like what is that guy thinking? and then I see them on the phone while the car is driving and I'm like Oh it's the AI that's driving badly.

I was just curious as to what happens it it breaks down on a down hill is there a bumper thing or what cuz impacts while maybe not life threatening can be at least very physically annoying.

These aren't self driving cars like I said before. Not sure why you're ignoring everything that's been posted.

Nothing in these vehicles are making decisions on when and why and how to stop. Everything is preprogrammed.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This should be a high speed thrilling race through the wilderness. Cars is about racing, not a Sunday drive through the backwoods of Frontierland. It should be as fast as Test Track if not faster.
Off road racing doesn't happen at Daytona 500 speeds.

And even when you have a long straight track like Test Track, you're only going 65 mph. Even Disney coasters don't go that fast.

TomboyJanet

These aren't self driving cars like I said before. Not sure why you're ignoring everything that's been posted.

Nothing in these vehicles are making decisions on when and why and how to stop. Everything is preprogrammed.
instead of getting mad at me for not knowing how it works why don't you try to enlighten me?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom