News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TomboyJanet

I have a bad feeling this project is going to be a Rocket Rods level failure!

Destroy ROA, TSI, get rid of the Riverboat AND the Cars attraction fails and is closed.

Will The Cars attraction be WDW's Rocket Rods?????
Seems like it! If it's a trackless ride i could only see it being like a dualing version of the flying turns at Knoebels each track having locking mechaninisms at the edges and curving it like a waterslide and in florida weather that may not be the best idea at all. So if it's trackless we would probably see cars raining down from the skies of frontierland

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Isn’t this a really bold thing to say when we straight up don’t know what the ride system will be?
The concept art pretty much locks us into self-driving 'off road' vehicles.

Like with Ratatouille, but on four big wheels. And on rough terrain.

The concept art would have to be way off for it to not be that. Which is a possibility. But not a big one.

TomboyJanet

Isn’t this a really bold thing to say when we straight up don’t know what the ride system will be?

The concept art pretty much locks us into self-driving 'off road' vehicles.

Like with Ratatouille, but on four big wheels. And on rough terrain.

The concept art would have to be way off for it to not be that. Which is a possibility. But not a big one.
Oh geez I do not trust that at all

coffeefan

Jack ( @IveBeenJack ) has a great video on the Piston Peak Cars rides.

Important point is that it's modeled after national parks, like Yosemite (on which Piston Peak from Planes is modeled). National parks keep the wildness of "the natural fontier." Tho, one wouldn't find off road racing in a national park since that goes against the purpose of national parks....

Maybe it's more a Chester and Hester thing in the untamed West!!

He also has much higher definition concept art that shows the land and the ride paths better (and water features!!).

The video does make the ride look more impressive. I'm cautiously optimistic.

TomboyJanet

1728478487234.png

Take a look at these terrains....these require professional driving skills. How fast will these things be going?

Seeker: Computer now what's the matter?
CTX rover: boop boop boop Loss of traction!

Disstevefan1

View attachment 819860
Take a look at these terrains....these require professional driving skills. How fast will these things be going?
I hope they will have some flat level areas to go fast, but if this concept drawing is reality I am guessing during the rough terrain it will be going slow.

To get the most folks to ride it (and thereby sell the most LLs) its got to be overall a moderate ride.

TomboyJanet

lead by fear much??? lol.
Like I said....ctx
I hope they will have some flat level areas to go fast, but if this concept drawing is reality I am guessing during the rough terrain it will be going slow.

To get the most folks to ride it (and thereby sell the most LLs) its got to be overall a moderate ride.
Still any change in the whether can mean change in where the cars end up how do they A: Not collide: and B: stay on the targets

Disstevefan1

Wow!!! You have a bad feeling about this??? Shocker!!!
TRON in the MK was a dream come true for me. To me, a perfect addition to MK. Many will disagree.

I like Mission Space in EPCOT, many will disagree and that's Fine.

This one, yes, I got a bad feeling, I worry about the tech being used in the environment they are attempting to use it.

And yes, the worst case scenario would be destroying the current area, taking all that time to build the attraction and the attraction being closed.

Yes, I worry this could be MKs Rocket Rods.

TomboyJanet

That an assanine thing to say. Good and Bad people exist through all walks of life. Stereotyping people is not good. Quite frankly it speaks pretty poorly to who you are.
It's clear the company has been prioritizing profit over experience or we'd still have fastpass for free. How can I trust them with trackless cars that florida weather can turn into 4,000 lbs rolling rock

TomboyJanet

I’m thinking I’m not going to Monday morning quarterback this and let the engineers at Arrow do there job.

Doesn’t Universal have something similar in China? Its honestly not that much of a stretch. I believe it’s a Jurassic park ride that lets people drive???
The same Arrow that made X2? Doesn't that ride break down ALL the time?

JD80

And what if they break down do they skid out of control like a nascar or do they just meander into a pole like when your car dies on the road?

These are AGV which stands for Automated Guided Vehicles which means they follow a path. That path can be anything from magnets, RFID, wire, or a digital path. The vehicles follow the path in a variety of different pieces of technology that are safety rated (safety rated is a standard). Once a AGV deviates from a path outside a set tolerance it will emergency stop. It will no attempt to course correct. That tolerance is usually measured in centimeters.

I don't see these vehicles going fast enough to "skid out of control".

James Alucobond

For instance, Say the car on the top breaks down while in a decline.....where does it end up? are there air bags?
These are legitimate concerns
You're making a lot of assumptions about the ride system, how it works, how close vehicles will be, etc. based on stylized artwork. The concern really isn't legitimate until we know something concrete about what is being built. It's just wringing of hands over imagined details.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom