News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TomboyJanet

I did, earlier today.
Wait where? Did I miss it I legitimately could have missed it in the mass of posts. It does happen sometimes when I get two notifications and it decides to just notify me once oddly. But I don't remember any explanation about what stops it from jerking harshly around downhill if the ride goes down does it have a b mode that just meanders it safely to a spot or does it have to just do something else. Assume I know absolutely nothing about computers because I don't

lazyboy97o

Like I said I don't trust self driving cars. They run stopsigns and brake for no reason.
Yes, because people never run stop signs or hit the brakes for no reason.

instead of getting mad at me for not knowing how it works why don't you try to enlighten me?
The information has been provided multiple times in the thread. You can just do a simple search for “ride system” and see examples or just go back a few pages.

lazyboy97o

At this point I am very, very tired of Disney Rock Work.

Do they do it well? Yup. Is it interesting? Nope.
1000%!!

They no longer strive to create built places. And in this case the rockwork is going to contradict the big thing that is supposed to make this fit Frontierland. The natural wonders of the west will in fact be car parts made to look like rocks.

TomboyJanet

Yes, because people never run stop signs or hit the brakes for no reason.

The information has been provided multiple times in the thread. You can just do a simple search for “ride system” and see examples or just go back a few pages.
Fine!! :p!!!
I'll do it!!
1728515583110.png

ok so I did your fancy shmancy new fangled "search" thing and all I can find is people saying they don't know what the system will be.

See I'm bad with technology I thought the search feature only searched for titles of threads this whole time I didn't even know to ask if it did more because I'm from the 90s

I kinda graduated college having only learned information that would help me in the 20th century and then everything changed and that's why I don't have an amazing job. Just think of me as The guy from Carousel of progress but getting stuck in one of the rooms before the end.

Last edited:

TomboyJanet

As of the announcement they are billing this as a "thrilling Rallye Race."
Rallye Races are fast and wild.
Now... Off roading and rock crawling - those are slow.
I can't imagine a slow race... it'd be like the joke with the two turtles lol

Although Mario Kart pulled it off but with a blend of visual displays and props, Which I don't see in the concept art.

Again this could just be creative license

Until someone tells me they definitely know it's going to be trackless I can't say for sure what my final opinion on it will be. But I have a.....just a....call it a hypothesis opinion a hypothetical if you will

DarkMetroid567

I can't imagine a slow race... it'd be like the joke with the two turtles lol

Although Mario Kart pulled it off but with a blend of visual displays and props, Which I don't see in the concept art.

Again this could just be creative license

Until someone tells me they definitely know it's going to be trackless I can't say for sure what my final opinion on it will be. But I have a.....just a....call it a hypothesis opinion a hypothetical if you will
Did Mario Kart pull it off, though? You can argue that it does a lot of things well, but feel like a race it does not.

UNCgolf

Did Mario Kart pull it off, though? You can argue that it does a lot of things well, but feel like a race it does not.

Yeah, I think Mario Kart is a pretty big swing and a miss. It's not a terrible attraction on its own (although it would be better just as a Mario ride without the AR shooting), but it really doesn't feel anything like Mario Kart.

lazyboy97o

As of the announcement they are billing this as a "thrilling Rallye Race."
Rallye Races are fast and wild.
Now... Off roading and rock crawling - those are slow.
Radiator Springs Racers isn’t even the fastest ride in Disney’s California Adventure. They don’t advertise its top speed the way they do for Test Track because it only hits about 40 mph at its fastest.

TomboyJanet

Radiator Springs Racers isn’t even the fastest ride in Disney’s California Adventure. They don’t advertise its top speed the way they do for Test Track because it only hits about 40 mph at its fastest.
Yeah but It still feels like driving through the desert bumps of victorville which I had driven just the morning before at one point. That was cool

Casper Gutman

We get it, you hate everything. Everything is bad. Nothing is interesting.
Well, I think the Dinoland expansion looks like an improvement, even though I think DL was chronically underrated. I’ll defend MMRR against almost all criticisms, even though GMR was custom-made to appeal to my personal interests and should never have been removed. And Cars Land in DCA is a masterpiece. Etc and so on.

But the reason I criticize so much of what modern Disney does in the parks is because the company keeps making the same set of mistakes over and over again. It does that because those mistakes spring from executives’ profound and fundamental misunderstanding of the theme park business and the nature of the Disney brand. Essentially, my criticisms are less about attacking every new project and more about recognizing the same old missteps… again and again and again.

Incomudro

I want to be clear.
I'm not saying this new Cars attraction at WDW will be fast.
But Disney is implying that it will be, so the onus is on them as to how they create the illusion or reality of a "thrilling Rallye Race."
They could have instead chosen to say "Come along on an off roading treck through the scenic west."

JD80

I do get it. Todays guests don't care about the history or theme of the park. They just want IP they know. Instead of complaining about what's coming be happy they are adding new attractions

I don't think most guests generally care about history of themeparks, they are primarily there for fun not a history lesson. I think they very much care about the theme because the more themed the land, more often than not, it's the most popular place in that park.

Of course most guests want IP because they want to "live in" or "experience" their favorite stories.

Bocabear

I think a large number of Disney Guests make the trip for nostalgic reasons... especially visiting the MK. I don't believe it has anything to do with a history lesson, but the park you grew up visiting... Familiar things blended with some new.... but not a total destruction of the format.... It can and should be both.... without fundamentally ruining the beauty of the park... and car part shaped mountain pieces in Frontierland are not the way to go.... Cars franchise really should be in DHS.... A "Beyond Thunder Mountain that is the Mining town that sprung up around Thunder Mountain Mine like Thunder Mesa in DLP... the mining facility, a Mexican village that would house a Coco Attraction, and a portal into the Villains area.... THAT is what would make thematic sense without destroying the overall shape and feel of the park....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom