News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

peter11435

It’s statements like this that bother me. “All Plans” - there are so many plans for expansion with many different options at any time. To say such a definitive statement like that is simply false.
Only if you’re intentionally misunderstanding my point. Obviously plans for Moana in Adventureland didn’t impact the riverboat and TSI. Plans for Monsters at DHS don’t either. But all plans for a Frontierland expansion have included removal of the island and riverboat. That was the intent.

phillip9698

It’s statements like this that bother me. “All Plans” - there are so many plans for expansion with many different options at any time. To say such a definitive statement like that is simply false.

What he means is all plans seriously considered by Disney, not all plans including ones made up by message board members.

TrainsOfDisney

Only if you’re intentionally misunderstanding my point. Obviously plans for Moana in Adventureland didn’t impact the riverboat and TSI. Plans for Monsters at DHS don’t either. But all plans for a Frontierland expansion have included removal of the island and riverboat. That was the intent.
I’m trying to word this very carefully - but you often make statements that are from a “god-like” stance where you imply that you absolutely know everything. You don’t.

Now moving on from that - if Coco and / or Encanto were going to completely take the place of TSI and ROA I would have much preferred that but still been very upset.

If WDW didn’t want to keep TSI and the riverboat, why did they run them this long? They don’t mind closing attractions in plain site and according to you nobody rides / visits anyways so why are they still running?

Fido Chuckwagon

IMO...
Marvel Stinkers: Secret Invasion, Miss Marvel, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Moon Knight
Star Wars Stinkers: Andor (I know some loved it, I thought it was so boring), Acolyte, and Boba Fett until Mando appeared and saved the series.

IMO:
Marvel greats: Wandavision, Hawkeye, Loki, (Agatha so far...I'm really enjoying it).
Star Wars greats: Mandolorian, Ahsoka
Not that the other Marvel Stinkers were good, but man Secret Invasion was in a league of its own for just how terrible it was.

Chef idea Mickey`=

stance where you imply that you absolutely know everything.
Even the ones from 20 years ago that didn’t feature Cars or Coco.
My question is when in the last 20 years was there any plan or concept to remove ROA and TSI?

I think Peter's answer is simply no matter what any plans for Frontierland would mean not expand but remove ROA and TSI.

So I get what you mean and how it sounded for Train reading it 😛

Streetway

All plans would have resulted in the removal of TSI and the riverboat. Even the ones from 20 years ago that didn’t feature Cars or Coco.

Attachments

• Untitled4_20240928223137.png
    Untitled4_20240928223137.png
    409.2 KB · Views: 66

peter11435

My question is when in the last 20 years was there any plan or concept to remove ROA and TSI?

I think Peter's answer is simply no matter what any plans for Frontierland would mean not expand but remove ROA and TSI.

So I get what you mean and how it sounded for Train reading it 😛
There have been multiple plans over the past two decades to remove and replace the river and TSI. This is just the first that has made it this far.

peter11435

I’m trying to word this very carefully - but you often make statements that are from a “god-like” stance where you imply that you absolutely know everything. You don’t.

Now moving on from that - if Coco and / or Encanto were going to completely take the place of TSI and ROA I would have much preferred that but still been very upset.

If WDW didn’t want to keep TSI and the riverboat, why did they run them this long? They don’t mind closing attractions in plain site and according to you nobody rides / visits anyways so why are they still running?

This project and those that have come before it for Frontierland exist because of a long term goal to redevelop the island/river. That is the intent. They haven’t been looking at Frontierland expansion for any other reason.

DisneyHead123

What I heard was it was between Coco and Cars they had a meeting and the determining conclusion came down to Cars because of how well Cars would return revenue in merchandising and financial returns. Cars has two attractions so would've Coco only had one? Would Coco carried the entire same amount of plot of where Cars is and it replacing the ROA an TSI?
I read the same rumor about Cars being tied to merch sales… I get that this is a consideration, but wish they would have put the ride elsewhere and enjoyed the same merch sales in a different location. I’m not saying ROA has to stay forever, but if it has to be replaced, I just don’t see Cars as a good replacement.

celluloid

This project and those that have come before it for Frontierland exist because of a long term goal to redevelop the island/river. That is the intent. They haven’t been looking at Frontierland expansion for any other reason.

This is truly now absurd.

Particularly because I have had discussions with Tony Baxter over a decade ago on ideas, he consulted on for the island itself.

As pointed out by others. You really are just speaking out of some weird complex now.

So sure. "It has always been and will always be" type tone. How Maelstrom of you.

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

Agreed the merch sales potential of Cars was definitely a reason why Cars was approved, but to be fair the Cars expansion is a much more expensive and significant addition than Coco and Encanto, so yes justification to build a massive E- ticket was needed. Why is that a bad thing.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing. But I’ve written a lot about why I think it might (might) be a bad thing in this specific situation, and I doubt anyone is clamoring for me to do a long rehash, lol. The gist is pretty much this - I think that maybe (maybe) the vibe and style of Cars is wrong for this area. It’s putting a go kart track in Cape May, vibe-wise. Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I’ll be surprised. But that’s my concern.

We were essentially getting Soarin over COCO. I am happy not to be getting another screened based theater ride.

I don’t think it was just the ride, I believe there was a village planned as well.

I also think there is a reason why they want to put Cars where they are. IMO this is potentially the beginning of further development at the Magic Kingdom over the next 1-2 decades.

Maybe? I don’t work there so I can only go on rumors I hear here. My understanding is that this was a very last minute decision, not part of a long term plan, but that could be wrong.

Fox&Hound

I believe you! You have always shared valuable info in the past, not sure why others would doubt you.

Do you know the rationale for removing TSI and the rivers of America? Obviously they are under utilized but is it true that the rivers were an operations headache? Any chance they keep some of the water, at least by the river front area by Fronteirland (the bridges that go out over the water. It seems so weird to remove all of it.

Thanks!

Chef idea Mickey`=

I know I’m a broken record on this, but I soooo want them to do French Quarter to go with Tiana’s.
Your not a broken record bro.
Maybe? I don’t work there so I can only go on rumors I hear here. My understanding is that this was a very last minute decision, not part of a long term plan, but that could be wrong.
Why did they scrap the Animal Kingdom Moana and Zootopia plan. It couldn't be because of backlash, was leadership later gearing toward another direction? Is not having Encanto with Coco the driving force to bring other ideas forward like Cars?

DisneyHead123

Your not a broken record bro.
Thanks. I’m not a bro, btw, but no worries. I think my official title now is “Mama”? That’s how people tend to address women with a small child in tow - I have to say I greatly prefer it to “ma’am”. 😂

Why did they scrap the Animal Kingdom Moana and Zootopia plan. It couldn't be because of backlash, was leadership later gearing toward another direction? Is not having Encanto with Coco the driving force to bring other ideas forward like Cars?

I mean honestly, I have no idea. There are some things I will hazard a guess on, but the internal dynamics of what gets nixed and why - I have no idea. I recall listening to a Joe Rohdes interview where he mentioned the process of project approval briefly and it sounds like it changes constantly. He said there are cycles where everybody is talking about your project and then suddenly nobody is talking about your project, then maybe later they’re talking about it again. I don’t know if there’s always a super clear reason behind it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom