News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Chef idea Mickey`=

Was it fully cleared and planned though? I was kinda upset for the opposite reason… I was under the impression that they said “Let’s do Coco Village wait too expensive jk let’s switch to Cars at the last possible second.”

To me, that gives the impression that not a lot of thought was put into this and they kind of spun the Wheel Of IP to see what would replace an iconic American landmark. If they’re replacing it I’d rather think painstaking pre-planning and design happened.
But isn't the First concept art with Coco and Encanto the River's of America itself and just fooling us that this was BEYOND because the way Villains is placed in the back and BTM off to the left. Does it seem without Encanto as a siblings to it is maybe why they went with Cars instead and because Cars is better investment within merchandise!

Chef idea Mickey`=

To this end, I feel like the Josh D’Amaro approach of announcing attractions once everything has been cleared feels much more slimy than just announcing them when they’re blue sky, as it gives the impression there’s no way we can change their minds and no way to tell when they’ll come about and replace things. (Still not as slimy as how they replaced ODL Scary Adventures at least, but maybe in the future they’ll go down to that level). It’s probably the sliminess of it all that has so many people angry.
I feel the same, if the change is necessary why hide it for any Boos. You already got the Villains announcement for people to rave and cheer about. You already got some silence for Cars just only because the audience thought there was not going to be Villains anymore but don't you know they save the best for last.. so they are acting as if Cars was replacing River's of America and even Villain's the way they were acting.

phillip9698

I feel the same, if the change is necessary why hide it for any Boos. You already got the Villains announcement for people to rave and cheer about. You already got some silence for Cars just only because the audience thought there was not going to be Villains anymore but don't you know they save the best for last.. so they are acting as if Cars was replacing River's of America and even Villain's the way they were acting.

Corporate reveal events exist to drum up hype and excitement for a product they wish to sell. They aren’t there as focus panels for fans to receive all pertinent design plans and give constructive feedback.

Asking the question “why didn’t they just tell us even though they knew we would boo for the entire world to see” shows a complete lack of understanding what these events are for and the customer’s (you) relationship with the corporation (them).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom