News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Gusey

Listening to the Disney Dish podcast and potentially something to consider with why Cars has been chosen. There aren't a ton of movies from the 21st Century represented at Magic Kingdom. You have: Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (2001), Tiana's Bayou Adventure (2009) & Tangled Bathrooms (2010), soon Cars (2006). If the Moana rumors are still true, Moana and Cars seem to be the two 21st century IPs that can provide something for all members of the family

TrainsOfDisney

Eventually it would rot away and need to be repaired, which would be pretty expensive if it's just a bench at that point.
That’s true of every structure on WDW property.
There's no bargain to be had that leaves devotees of RoA content.
Sure there is. Why make a statement like that which is completely false.
Listening to the Disney Dish podcast and potentially something to consider with why Cars has been chosen. There aren't a ton of movies from the 21st Century represented at Magic Kingdom.
The other IP’s considered were coco and Encanto - and of course Moana.

Tha Realest

1725996371126.png

celluloid

Listening to the Disney Dish podcast and potentially something to consider with why Cars has been chosen. There aren't a ton of movies from the 21st Century represented at Magic Kingdom. You have: Monsters Inc Laugh Floor (2001), Tiana's Bayou Adventure (2009) & Tangled Bathrooms (2010), soon Cars (2006). If the Moana rumors are still true, Moana and Cars seem to be the two 21st century IPs that can provide something for all members of the family
Country Bears
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mickey's Philharmagic
Nothing against your points but elaborating on why it is:
21st Century just started 20 years ago, around the time MK was handed over and really neglected by Iger and team with IPs if new being shoved in elsewhere and in Magic Kingdom's daytime entertainment venues. (Toy Story, although Buzz opened earlier is still a current popular property too)

Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, as well as many other things were not based on a current century property, they were created and very succesful with entire members of the family.

Cars is going in and this is noticeable because it is knee jerk and reactionary rather than any sort of proactive.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
I doubt there is anyone who will find saving a sliver of RoA or having the new Cars Mini-Land being awash in water features to be satisfactory. The sliver and water features will be mercilessly derided and mocked.

There's no bargain to be had that leaves devotees of RoA content.
I don't think that's true. (Although, I suppose it depends on your definition of sliver.)

I think most here would grudgingly accept a plan that docked the riverboat, widened the lower island and reclaimed it, and filled everything north of it. Basically a 'smile' of water from Big Thunder to Haunted Mansion that maintains the riverfront.

Gusey

Country Bears
Pirates of the Caribbean
Mickey's Philharmagic
Nothing against your points but elaborating on why it is:
21st Century just started 20 years ago, around the time MK was handed over and really neglected by Iger and team with IPs if new being shoved in elsewhere and in Magic Kingdom's daytime entertainment venues. (Toy Story, although Buzz opened earlier is still a current popular property too)

Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain, as well as many other things were not based on a current century property, they were created and very succesful with entire members of the family.

Cars is going in and this is noticeable because it is knee jerk and reactionary rather than any sort of proactive.
I forgot Pirates and PhilharMagic only has Coco from this century. Country Bears has modern songs now but not modern characters.
MK does always seem to be 20 years behind, New Fantasyland used film that came out then 20 years ago. Completely understand that Cars might not fit in Frontierland, but MK does need some IP injection from the last 20 years, particularly from the New Renaissance era of Disney (Princess and the Frog to Encanto)

celluloid

I forgot Pirates and PhilharMagic only has Coco from this century. Country Bears has modern songs now but not modern characters.
MK does always seem to be 20 years behind, New Fantasyland used film that came out then 20 years ago. Completely understand that Cars might not fit in Frontierland, but MK does need some IP injection from the last 20 years, particularly from the New Renaissance era of Disney (Princess and the Frog to Encanto)

If they are created this century or altered..they are of this century in production. I see your IP point though.

New Fantasyland is the opposite problem and only happened because DIsney's goals for the remakes were in affect. No coincidence the anchors included Beauty and the Beast, Dumbo and Mermaid. While the attractions are based on the classics, the international recognition and synergy was there. The slate was ready to begin for all the majors to be remade.

MK only seems 20 years behind because management for 20 years plus now has been terrible.

John park hopper

Disney's 21 century car land ---you drive through dilapidated poverty stricken cities scoring points for successful drug deals, evading carjackings, extra points for not getting shot in a drive-by. You win by evading the police in the final car chase. Can't get more up to date than this. Of course I am being sarcastic --I hate to see TSI and RoA disappear on the premise it's outdated.

Rich Brownn

I don't think that's true. (Although, I suppose it depends on your definition of sliver.)

I think most here would grudgingly accept a plan that docked the riverboat, widened the lower island and reclaimed it, and filled everything north of it. Basically a 'smile' of water from Big Thunder to Haunted Mansion that maintains the riverfront.
They would have to add plumbing and connect it to water lines. The current ROA shares water with the Seven Seas Lagoon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom