News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

To ruin a paddle boat that has been a WDW classic for years to be replaced with cars is a shame and not a well thought out idea. The Magic Kingdom is not about cars or a multitude of Roller Coasters. The Magic Kingdom is about a relaxing time and enchantment of days gone by with a few great rides scattered around. Can you imagine Main Street USA now Futuristic style road or Cinderella's Castle reduced to fancy Condo's. The Paddle Wheel boat is an iconic classy experience of yester years. How about Walt's Train and the love of them. Magic Kingdom is relaxing, entertaining, getting the mind revved up for all the lands and adventures that awaits. I know things do evolve but Magic Kingdom is about living in yester year that had a real peaceful relaxing time when this country was evolving to what it is today. Those old-time charms are beautiful. Why can't they simply add Cars to another piece of property around the Kingdom? There is something so special about when you first enter into Magic Kingdom and see the old time overlay and balloons and shops, Horses Singers, Old time costumes and color and see the castle in the distance. Then onto to Liberty Square where you see that paddle boat and the thrill of riding something of yesteryear that use to fill the great rivers in the USA. Magic Kingdom is the nicest, colorful entrance to any park that I have ever been in. It's just so inviting and makes you smile, and your senses come alive. It's Walt's dream and imagination and a feel of connection to this place.

Maybe I am old or not wanting change on certain things in this park. This park is where dreams do come alive, and the possibility of adventure awaits. Elephants fly, we encounter pirates and visit a Haunted Mansion filled with ghost's and dive deep into space. We take the Jungle cruise to see exotic animals and river encounters in the jungle.

Any other Disney Park Cars could go and fit. But The Magic Kingdom is where WDW all begins. That's why I hate to see cars placed in and the Paddle Boat removed.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I think it'd fit better at Port Orleans tbh
I do too but I don't think there's way to get it there. Apparently the canal that goes to Port Orleans from Bay Lake doesn't have enough clearance for the Liberty Belle. I guess they could put it on the large truck and bring over there? I don't think that's possible. Does anyone have an idea of how they got it there to begin with. I think the Liberty Belle was built on property but I don't think the first one was and Mark Twain at DL definitely wasn't.

Bocabear

I think many of us share this opinion... with 4 parks all in need of more attractions, this particular addition would be better suited to Hollywood Studios as part of an overall Pixar themed area. Once this happens though I see them using this change as an excuse to break the themes of all the lands to put whatever anywhere... I think the the train would be on the endangered list as well....

Bocabear

I do too but I don't think there's way to get it there. Apparently the canal that goes to Port Orleans from Bay Lake doesn't have enough clearance for the Liberty Belle. I guess they could put it on the large truck and bring over there? I don't think that's possible. Does anyone have an idea of how they got it there to begin with. I think the Liberty Belle was built on property but I don't think the first one was and Mark Twain at DL definitely wasn't.
I don't think the boat is really capable of being a true watercraft... I thought it was all on a track on the bottom of the river....Which would make it unusable in a normal situation....

G00fyDad

Disney will likely just destroy it. They do not think forward on things like this. For example, Mickey and Minnie's houses from Toon-Town. They could have opened the area off to the side on Mainstreet USA, added the houses there and created a Meet-and Greet INSIDE the houses. But instead, they destroyed them.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I don't think the boat is really capable of being a true watercraft... I thought it was all on a track on the bottom of the river....Which would make it unusable in a normal situation....
Well, it would have to be towed like it is to get to the dry dock and would be docked wherever it goes and doesn't need to be on a track since it would be stagnant.

Schmidt

Well my Bad. I first saw your replying under Florida Man and by mistake my reply was meant to reply under him as you can clearly see he is the one that hopes this gets canceled. My mistake, but doesn't mean you have to be mean about it just because it's not responded by what you wrote. Everyone else can read and know what your post says so being mean is unnecessary
Ok, so you figured out the message was not intended for you, so move on. Ignore it.
Thanks for the preachy message. I’ll take it into consideration. 👎🏼

Incomudro

To ruin a paddle boat that has been a WDW classic for years to be replaced with cars is a shame and not a well thought out idea. The Magic Kingdom is not about cars or a multitude of Roller Coasters. The Magic Kingdom is about a relaxing time and enchantment of days gone by with a few great rides scattered around. Can you imagine Main Street USA now Futuristic style road or Cinderella's Castle reduced to fancy Condo's. The Paddle Wheel boat is an iconic classy experience of yester years. How about Walt's Train and the love of them. Magic Kingdom is relaxing, entertaining, getting the mind revved up for all the lands and adventures that awaits. I know things do evolve but Magic Kingdom is about living in yester year that had a real peaceful relaxing time when this country was evolving to what it is today. Those old-time charms are beautiful. Why can't they simply add Cars to another piece of property around the Kingdom? There is something so special about when you first enter into Magic Kingdom and see the old time overlay and balloons and shops, Horses Singers, Old time costumes and color and see the castle in the distance. Then onto to Liberty Square where you see that paddle boat and the thrill of riding something of yesteryear that use to fill the great rivers in the USA. Magic Kingdom is the nicest, colorful entrance to any park that I have ever been in. It's just so inviting and makes you smile, and your senses come alive. It's Walt's dream and imagination and a feel of connection to this place.

Maybe I am old or not wanting change on certain things in this park. This park is where dreams do come alive, and the possibility of adventure awaits. Elephants fly, we encounter pirates and visit a Haunted Mansion filled with ghost's and dive deep into space. We take the Jungle cruise to see exotic animals and river encounters in the jungle.

Any other Disney Park Cars could go and fit. But The Magic Kingdom is where WDW all begins. That's why I hate to see cars placed in and the Paddle Boat removed.
That sums it up perfectly.
You know... The first time I took our family to WDW, our sons were age 6, and we stayed at Boardwalk.
The first park we could have most easily gone to was Epcot of course being it was right there.
But I didn't do that.
I wanted my son's first entry into the parks to be through The Magic Kingdom.

Raineman

Im guessing zero. I have no problem with the Cars attraction, even in MK. The location of paving over RoA is my big issue. Put it behind BTMRR and we are all good. Marie
That is what some people here don't understand; it's not the Cars attractions themselves-I would welcome these attractions-but it's the fact that they are removing something we don't want to be removed, to build it.

James Alucobond

Once this happens though I see them using this change as an excuse to break the themes of all the lands to put whatever anywhere...
I honestly think this happened ages ago. Very few attractions in Tomorrowland tie into its themes, and Adventureland has a desert spinner sitting in the center of what is otherwise dedicated to island vibes.

wannabeBelle

That is what some people here don't understand; it's not the Cars attractions themselves-I would welcome these attractions-but it's the fact that they are removing something we don't want to be removed, to build it.
Exactly so. One other person whose opinion I trust has also said that they would have preferred it to go into the Studios, which I also would have been OK with and it probably would fit in better over there. But to get rid of something so iconic as RoA and an amazing part of the land that it is in is foolish. If they have any choice in this, the attraction should be moved. BTW Has anyone discussed what the sight lines will be from the drop on Tiana's? I cant think overlooking the new Cars attraction, great though it may be would be the best possible option. Marie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I doubt there is anyone who will find saving a sliver of RoA or having the new Cars Mini-Land being awash in water features to be satisfactory. The sliver and water features will be mercilessly derided and mocked.

There's no bargain to be had that leaves devotees of RoA content.

Bocabear

I honestly think this happened ages ago. Very few attractions in Tomorrowland tie into its themes, and Adventureland has a desert spinner sitting in the center of what is otherwise dedicated to island vibes.
The desert spinner was always a head-scratcher to me... I dont get it at all... Much like Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.... Because they have done it, doesn't necessarily mean it is a good thing to further erode the feel of the park... Let's face it, the speedway NEVER fit tomorrowland either...but that is where it ended up at Disneyland, so that was the excuse.... and it really would not have fit any other part of the park...but again, not a good reason to just drop anything anyplace it physically fits.

Bocabear

I doubt there is anyone who will find saving a sliver of RoA or having the new Cars Mini-Land being awash in water features to be satisfactory. The sliver and water features will be mercilessly derided and mocked.

There's no bargain to be had that leaves devotees of RoA content.
but will Cars Farther West National Park area be awash in water features? I tend to think there might be some in the concept art, but don't feel confident they will make it into the end plan...ceretainly not enough to give us any sort of the ambience of the riverside setting.... I picture it being more like Galaxy's edge... One water feature sort of tucked into a queue....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom