News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

DisneyHead123

It's about framing the complaint. If we say, I hope it's not a slow trackless ride, that's fine. If you say it's going to be bad addition because it'll be a slow trackless ride, that complaining about something we don't even know about the attraction as if it is fact. The first is constructive criticism with the hope that something may be done. The second sounds like complaining for the sake of a complaint

If you think a slow trackless ride is inherently inferior to Rivers, that’s like saying you’re ripping out your kitchen to put in… I don’t know, in this case I’ll make it an experimental paint splatter art studio.

Some small percentage of people might be good with that, sure. Most would say “You touch my granite countertops, and so help me…” Whereas, again, a better kitchen is a totally different story. Same could be said regarding the perceived quality of Disney’s work recently. If your spouse wants to hire their buddy down the street to help remodel, yeah, his or her track record will come up in the discussion.

Disstevefan1

maybe you.could stand corrected in 5yrs! Just saying it’s possible.
I can guarantee the cars area will not be open 5 years from now.

What folks don’t understand, they are not starting on flat virgin land (like they have plenty of) it will take a lot of time to destroy, clear and fill in the rivers of America. BEFORE they even try try to build whatever they are trying to build.

It took about 7 years to build Pandora at AK remember.

Let’s say for argument sake they manage to open something in the rivers of America area 5 years from now, I can guarantee it won’t look like the concept drawings presented recently.

Will the alleged cars attraction work reliably in Florida weather with daily 3PM rainstorms? Probably not.

This is a train wreck and TWDC does not even see it coming.

el_super

Why? It took about 3 years to build Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland and that also required demo and rebuilding of a large portion of the ROA. I suppose 4 years if you want to count the time between announcement and construction starting.

Is there a dearth of construction works in Florida? Seems like they should be freed up after Epic opens.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member

What folks don’t understand, they are not starting on flat virgin land (like they have plenty of) it will take a lot of time to destroy, clear and fill in the rivers of America. BEFORE they even try try to build whatever they are trying to build.

Let’s say for argument sake they manage to open something in the rivers of America area 5 years from now, I can guarantee it won’t look like the concept drawings presented recently.

Will the alleged cars attraction work reliably in Florida weather with daily 3PM rainstorms? Probably not.

ROA isn't some crazy deep fill. It's not going to take that long.

flyerjab

Soooo…..construction on Pandora started January 2014 and it debuted in May 2017. So not 7 years for actual construction. Hyperbole at its finest.

Incomudro

I think we've reached that point when people are complaining about aspects of the attraction we do't know yet because it's not open, let alone started construction. We don't know what the ride system will be yet, or how many show scenes there will be. All we know is that it will be race rally themed attraction based on the Cars franchise, replacing Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America. We can speculate but the fact is we don't know all the details yet, so let's not start complaining about the unknown.
What are we here for if not to discuss these things?

erasure fan1

Soooo…..construction on Pandora started January 2014 and it debuted in May 2017. So not 7 years for actual construction. Hyperbole at its finest.
Didn't it get announced in 2011? So that was 6yrs from when they announced it. So I'd also take the over on it being 5yrs from now. I'm guessing that's what he was talking about. Shovels in the dirt is only one part of building something. All the preplanning I consider part of the process. So odds are we have a whole lot of time before we step into this land.

The Mom

Premium Member
For every "complaint" there's equal praise (sometimes blind-praise) for the unknown as well. Nothing is validated until the final product is revealed. Yet, critiques regardless of where they fall on the spectrum should still be allowed and at any stage of development. The Splash conversion to Tiana was/is a great example. Instant praise and Instant condemnation. And what of the final product...

Would be bias and dismissive to assume a criticism isn't worthy of discussion simply because it's a complaint. We are after all a discussion forum. Discourse should be encourage.
Unfortunately, a lot of the criticism is based on rumors and/or incomplete knowledge. The same can be said for people who automatically praise something because it's new and different. It's when posters take any opposing opinion as a personal attack that problems start.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Didn't it get announced in 2011? So that was 6yrs from when they announced it. So I'd also take the over on it being 5yrs from now. I'm guessing that's what he was talking about. Shovels in the dirt is only one part of building something. All the preplanning I consider part of the process. So odds are we have a whole lot of time before we step into this land.

That's bad faith accounting of Disney construction. Yes, some things took way too long, but in the case of Pandora, the arguments get very disingenuous.

And that's because Pandora's construction gets talked about almost exclusively in relation to Universal construction.

From the time 'shovels hit the dirt,' a Potter land was built in 2 1/2 years. Pandora built in 3 1/2 years. But so often, that half year gets rounded down in Uni's case and rounding up in Disney's case so that it can be said, falsely, that it took 2 years to build a Potter land and 4 years for Pandora. The construction time between the two is one year, not two.

Similarly, because Uni doesn't announce their projects way in advance like Disney does. Some count the announcement time as part of the construction time. Which, again, is disingenuous. You need to compare apples to apples, and the apples to apples comparison is 'shovel in the ground' (which includes site prep, such as razing previous structures).

Brer Panther

Disney Fandom: The parks need more C and D Ticket rides.

Also Disney Fandom: This is rubbish because it's not an E Ticket ride!!!
IS it not going to be an E-Ticket? The concept art looked pretty E-Ticketish to me.
Aye. And given the Bob Iger Company's recent track record of big failures outweighing big successes, I think the skepticism isn’t unwarranted.
Word.

lazyboy97o

Similarly, because Uni doesn't announce their projects way in advance like Disney does. Some count the announcement time as part of the construction time. Which, again, is disingenuous. You need to compare apples to apples, and the apples to apples comparison is 'shovel in the ground' (which includes site prep, such as razing previous structures).
That is still not an apples to apples comparison. Construction is not itself an isolated process.

Disstevefan1

That's bad faith accounting of Disney construction. Yes, some things took way too long, but in the case of Pandora, the arguments get very disingenuous.

And that's because Pandora's construction gets talked about almost exclusively in relation to Universal construction.

From the time 'shovels hit the dirt,' a Potter land was built in 2 1/2 years. Pandora built in 3 1/2 years. But so often, that half year gets rounded down in Uni's case and rounding up in Disney's case so that it can be said, falsely, that it took 2 years to build a Potter land and 4 years for Pandora. The construction time between the two is one year, not two.

OK Penguin, you give us a best guess when the cars area will open to the public.

Don't worry I wont hold you to it because you know and I know it will take longer than expected ;)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That is still not an apples to apples comparison. Construction is not itself an isolated process.
Well then, applish to applish. We don't 'see' the BoH stuff, except for what aerial photography shows us. So, we can only go by what we see until all theme parks publish a timetable of everything they're doing on a project.

Disstevefan1

colorMeGone2.jpg

Schmidt

Unfortunately, a lot of the criticism is based on rumors and/or incomplete knowledge. The same can be said for people who automatically praise something because it's new and different. It's when posters take any opposing opinion as a personal attack that problems start.
Yeah. I think that’s an over simplification of what’s going on here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom