News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Disstevefan1

After seeing what they did in EPCOT future world, my fear is, what ever happens here will end up a cost cut version of what was promised and will take longer than expected to complete.

I know folks will blame Chapek and the pandemic for what happened to future world, but I am still worried.

I guess we all must wait and see what happens, and accept whatever happens, but I am not hopeful.

Ghost93

Can a ride lose E-ticket status over time? Decades ago, Country Bear Jamboree and It's a Small World were classified as "E-tickets and Tom Sawyer's Island and Enchanted Tiki Room were considered D tickets.

Due to lower attendance and the advancement of technology I would personally place It's a Small World in the D ticket category today, Enchanted Tiki Room and Country Bears in C ticket category and Tom Sawyer's Island in the B ticket range (only because almost no one goes there).

I'm talking about more in the eyes of parks fandom, as I don't believe the ticket system is used anymore.

Gusey

Similarly, because Uni doesn't announce their projects way in advance like Disney does. Some count the announcement time as part of the construction time. Which, again, is disingenuous. You need to compare apples to apples, and the apples to apples comparison is 'shovel in the ground' (which includes site prep, such as razing previous structures).
Biggest example is Frozen at DLP. Announced in 2018, construction began in 2022 and opening in 2026. 4 years of actual construction and 8 years of development. At least with Cars, we know construction is beginning next year, so it'll be interesting to see how long until it opens. Will it be 2026, or 2028 (2027 is being reserved for Tropical Americas)?

JD80

I’m not googling- I’m just familiar with the application and the design concepts. Part of being a geek and engineer… and someone who studied control systems long ago in my EE days. I never have been involved in the design of such a real world product, but any reasonable engineer can understand the challenges and absorb details about the designs. I mean come on… factory and distribution automation is the subject of every video tour of any facility since the dawn of cable tv :)

My bad, I had thought you were in a different profession from some of your posts.

As to the other statement, it was a typo - the only thing they CANT do is go fast.

AidenRodriguez731

Is it not an E Ticket ride because it's not RSR? Is RSR an E Ticket ride? I didn't know you could tell if something is E Ticket or not without knowing it a brand new ride attraction which we still don't even know the ride system. Will Encanto be an E Ticket because it's Encanto?
I'm slightly wondering what peoples definition of an E ticket is at this point. County Bear and the rafts to Tom Sawyer were once considered an E-ticket. RSR I would consider an E ticket + any new ride system they make for this seemingly pretty huge attraction I would consider an E-ticket.

JD80

I'm slightly wondering what peoples definition of an E ticket is at this point. County Bear and the rafts to Tom Sawyer were once considered an E-ticket. RSR I would consider an E ticket + any new ride system they make for this seemingly pretty huge attraction I would consider an E-ticket.

Peoples definition of attractions is whatever is best for the argument they are making at that time.

AidenRodriguez731

Disney how about leaving RoA and TSI alone and develop Discovery Island it's been abandoned for years. Build a gondola or bridge to get to it, about 11.5 acres put you car idea there. Save the original and build new everyone wins
Do you understand the logistics for getting that many people across a giant expanse of water for a single ride? For what "Cars Island"?

Quietmouse

Disney how about leaving RoA and TSI alone and develop Discovery Island it's been abandoned for years. Build a gondola or bridge to get to it, about 11.5 acres put you car idea there. Save the original and build new everyone wins

Magic kingdom and discovery island are close enough to connect the 2 ?

John park hopper

1725369977943.png
It's really not a great expanse of water a bridge across with a motorized trolly would handle people or a gondola like they already have. Proposed car covers 12 acres Discovery Island is 11.5 compare size.

AidenRodriguez731

View attachment 812961 It's really not a great expanse of water a bridge across with with a motorized trolly would handle people or a gondola like they already have
That is in the wrong direction, I believe that is over by Fort Wilderness. The area it would need to be in is off the back of Tomorrowland which means they would have to hide all of that access road/get people over it. Build a random gondola station over quite a bit of water and fully demolish the island and get new stuff over there. Do you know how hard it is to get construction stuff on this island. I believe the dock for the island is also unusable right now especially for construction vehicles. This island is not even remotely ready for redevelopment. And like I said, logistics nightmare of getting people across this giant body of water for only 2-3 rides.

Bocabear

After seeing what they did in EPCOT future world, my fear is, what ever happens here will end up a cost cut version of what was promised and will take longer than expected to complete.

I know folks will blame Chapek and the pandemic for what happened to future world, but I am still worried.

I guess we all must wait and see what happens, and accept whatever happens, but I am not hopeful.
CHapek was gone long before the completion of Futureworl'd hub. It was only in year 1 of it's construction when he left. They could have changed course and corrected, but it seems like a lot of the changes happened after Chapek was gone... Like the deletion of the fountain, and whatever the "wishing Tree" was supposed to be...also Communicore Hall all seemed to fall squarely in the new Iger era... Whoever is to blame isn't really the issue, the bigger issue was the entre organization seeing where it was headed and not changing course...
So, yeah, like you, I am not hopeful the current leadership can pull any of this off anymore... And putting this group in charge of a major change to the Magic Kingdom is frightening.

Quietmouse

That is in the wrong direction, I believe that is over by Fort Wilderness. The area it would need to be in is off the back of Tomorrowland which means they would have to hide all of that access road/get people over it. Build a random gondola station over quite a bit of water and fully demolish the island and get new stuff over there. Do you know how hard it is to get construction stuff on this island. I believe the dock for the island is also unusable right now especially for construction vehicles. This island is not even remotely ready for redevelopment. And like I said, logistics nightmare of getting people across this giant body of water for only 2-3 rides.

Even with a skyway ?

Have it be a separate add on charge attraction package and guests can utilize the skyway to access the island for 2 e tickets (but they have to be epic and tokoyo Disney quality - like journey to center of the earth quality ).

Guests are already blowing thousands of dollars on their vacation and are already in a “spending mode”, when they go on vacation so I feel that most guests wouldn’t be opposed to paying an extra 25 dollars for an additional skyway - discovery island attraction package.

Sell lightning lane passes for the skyway and the e tickets, and make sure it’s a recognized ip do you can generate merchandise sales as well…and there you go an island that is rotting can become profitable again.

Gusey

CHapek was gone long before the completion of Futureworl'd hub. It was only in year 1 of it's construction when he left. They could have changed course and corrected, but it seems like a lot of the changes happened after Chapek was gone... Like the deletion of the fountain, and whatever the "wishing Tree" was supposed to be...also Communicore Hall all seemed to fall squarely in the new Iger era... Whoever is to blame isn't really the issue, the bigger issue was the entre organization seeing where it was headed and not changing course...
So, yeah, like you, I am not hopeful the current leadership can pull any of this off anymore... And putting this group in charge of a major change to the Magic Kingdom is frightening.
They announced CommuniCore Hall in May 2022, and Chapek left in November 2022. The World Celebration Gardens we got are a product of Chapek era.

Quietmouse

So iger is old, and obviously can’t be a ceo forever (unless he finds the cure to live forever ),…who is realistically in the pipeline that can actually be a great ceo?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom