News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Bocabear

They announced CommuniCore Hall in May 2022, and Chapek left in November 2022. The World Celebration Gardens we got are a product of Chapek era.
I just looked back at the 2022 progress at that time. Steel was up for Communicore Hall...Seems like there was still time to amend the plans for the area though....and probably the finished designs for Communcore Hall...currrent leadership allowed the current mess to go through....

Ayla

Biggest example is Frozen at DLP. Announced in 2018, construction began in 2022 and opening in 2026. 4 years of actual construction and 8 years of development. At least with Cars, we know construction is beginning next year, so it'll be interesting to see how long until it opens. Will it be 2026, or 2028 (2027 is being reserved for Tropical Americas)?
Construction is supposed to begin next year. Doesn't mean it actually will.

TrainsOfDisney

Peoples definition of attractions is whatever is best for the argument they are making at that time.
that’s not true - I don’t think cosmic rewind is the right there, and it was crazy expensive for what they got… but I still think it’s an e ticket. It is the definition of an e ticket.

I don’t think 7 dwarves mine train is an e-ticket.

Quietmouse

I follow construction projects as a hobby. People underestimate what slows down projects from a permit approval perspective/weather related slow downs/to lack of quality labor force.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Biggest example is Frozen at DLP. Announced in 2018, construction began in 2022 and opening in 2026. 4 years of actual construction and 8 years of development. At least with Cars, we know construction is beginning next year, so it'll be interesting to see how long until it opens. Will it be 2026, or 2028 (2027 is being reserved for Tropical Americas)?
If Jim Hill's constant 'leak' of a Monsters Inc. door coaster is correct for the past 17 years. Then once it is finally built and open, we can claim it took over 20 years to construct it!!

Disstevefan1

I follow construction projects as a hobby. People underestimate what slows down projects from a permit approval perspective/weather related slow downs/to lack of quality labor force.
Oh, WE KNOW how SLOW projects go in WDW because reasons.

On the other hand, its fun to watch EPIC get built at break neck speed!

Schmidt

that’s not true - I don’t think cosmic rewind is the right there, and it was crazy expensive for what they got… but I still think it’s an e ticket. It is the definition of an e ticket.

I don’t think 7 dwarves mine train is an e-ticket.
I agree about the mine train. It’s not far off from an E-ticket and the theming is great, but it’s too short and it’s a coaster really designed for the little ones in mind. It’s a solid D-D plus in my opinion. I feel like with a E- ticket there should be no question about it.
Guardian/Pandora/Rise/ETC…

erasure fan1

That's bad faith accounting of Disney construction. Yes, some things took way too long, but in the case of Pandora, the arguments get very disingenuous.
It depends on how you interpret what was being talked about. I would be shocked to walk into this land in less than 5yrs from now. That's not being disingenuous. That's a Disney PR issue.
Some count the announcement time as part of the construction time. Which, again, is disingenuous.
Here's a thought. Don't announce things until you are closer to breaking ground. When you say, "we are bringing you to the world of James Camerons Avatar...." And then 6yrs later you get to experience it. That's on them, it's just a bad look. The video game industry suffers from this as well. They announce a game and they've barley started preproduction. Then release the game 6, 7, 8+ yrs later and wonder why they get flack.

The problem in my opinion is Disney does a lot of these announcements as a reactionary thing. Pandora felt like a reaction to Potter. These D23 announcements felt like a reaction from the beat down they took from the last couple D23s and having nothing. So again, I don't think it's disingenuous. Stop announcing things so far out.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Peter Pan was a C ticket, and decades later, was one of the most in-demand Fast Pass attractions.

I'm slightly wondering what peoples definition of an E ticket is at this point. County Bear and the rafts to Tom Sawyer were once considered an E-ticket. RSR I would consider an E ticket + any new ride system they make for this seemingly pretty huge attraction I would consider an E-ticket.

What makes an E/D/C Ticket an E/D/C Ticket attraction has changed over time. The classification once reflected the cost of building the ride and, thus, a higher price for a higher tier ticket to recoup the expense.

Then Disney started to use the ticket tiers for crowd control. If a lower tier ride had lines that were too long, it got kicked up a tier, hoping that extra cost of the ticket would lessen demand. Worked in the other direction, too.

DL's Alice ride wend from a D to C to B.

So, if Disney/WDI can change the tier level at will, then maybe we fans should recognize that what was once an E Ticket ride is showing its age and is no longer in the E Tier.

Disney/WDI continues to use the ticket tiers internally and they don't advertise those tier levels to the public. The General Public slaps "E Ticket" on any ride that is fully-ish themed and very popular. Only us Disney fans talk about determining if a ride is an E/D or C Ticket.

And it's wise that Disney/WDI doesn't advertise their own tier level designation. Imagine if they said a ride which people weren't crazy about was an E Ticket. They'd be crucified on social media. "How the heck do they think *that* is an E Ticket!!! <pulls out hair>."

For a discussion of the ticket tiers, see here:

Gusey

Here's a thought. Don't announce things until you are closer to breaking ground. When you say, "we are bringing you to the world of James Camerons Avatar...." And then 6yrs later you get to experience it. That's on them, it's just a bad look. The video game industry suffers from this as well. They announce a game and they've barley started preproduction. Then release the game 6, 7, 8+ yrs later and wonder why they get flack.
At least they've kind of learnt their lesson this time. Tropical Americas @ AK is starting construction this year and Cars @ MK, Monsters @ HS & Avengers @ DCA are all starting construction next year along with Walt Disney & MK night parade debuting. Coco is beginning construction in 2026. Of all the domestic park announcements, only Pandora and Villains have no construction start dates, right?

Disstevefan1

At least they've kind of learnt their lesson this time. Tropical Americas @ AK is starting construction this year and Cars @ MK, Monsters @ HS & Avengers @ DCA are all starting construction next year along with Walt Disney & MK night parade debuting. Coco is beginning construction in 2026.
It will be interesting to see the ACTUAL timelines with the various, changes, pauses, delays etc.

TrainsOfDisney

I feel like with a E- ticket there should be no question about it.
Guardian/Pandora/Rise/ETC
Even there… for me personally Flight of Passage isn’t an E - I kinda don’t get the hype. But I acknowledge it’s an E. If that makes sense.
So, if Disney/WDI can change the tier level at will, then maybe we fans should recognize that what was once an E Ticket ride is showing its age and is no longer in the E Tier.
I don’t think anyone is saying country bears and tiki room should still be considered an E?

erasure fan1

At least they've kind of learnt their lesson this time. Tropical Americas @ AK is starting construction this year and Cars @ MK, Monsters @ HS & Avengers @ DCA are all starting construction next year along with Walt Disney & MK night parade debuting. Coco is beginning construction in 2026. Of all the domestic park announcements, only Pandora and Villains have no construction start dates, right?
Hopefully they have. That's how you change a reputation. Announce something, then get it up and running in reasonable timeframe. If they can do that for all of these projects, people will stop thinking everything you do takes 5 to 7yrs. If Monsters inc and cars take 5+ years to open, it will be the same old, Disney moves at a snails pace mentality.

JD80

I once had a decent sizes project that relied on building permits of another project in the same area. Simple occupancy permit. The township denied it, then took the maximum 60 days to come back to reaccess just to deny again for another 60 days.

It was all for something silly that took 1 day to fix.

JD80

I agree about the mine train. It’s not far off from an E-ticket and the theming is great, but it’s too short and it’s a coaster really designed for the little ones in mind. It’s a solid D-D plus in my opinion. I feel like with a E- ticket there should be no question about it.
Guardian/Pandora/Rise/ETC…

E Ticket simply means its a headliner attraction. The fact that its a SPLL and that it regularly gets long lines makes it an E-Ticket.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom