News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Sneaky

Yes, and hopefully that will be enough but honestly that may be a problem since it requires 2 trains (and they used to rain 3 on busy days).

I’m just looking at the facts…. Steamboat, Red Car Trolley….. what’s next on that list? Yes, the train has attendance so hopefully that saves it but if they want an excuse “Villains land” would be it.
The Main Street vehicles?

Incomudro

On TikTok, one user said that the storefronts in Frontierland are those of Disneyland Paris, not Magic Kingdom. He noted where the entrances to Country Bear Musical Jamboree and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Cafe should be, but are not as they are presently. He thought it appeared to be a poor cut and paste in a design software.
Yes, exactly.
Even the land layout itself looks pieced together that way.

James Alucobond

It doesn't look AI generated, but it looks cobbled together and "shopped."
It is probably photobashed and digitally overpainted, but that doesn’t immediately constitute something being substandard or “cobbled together”. Those are simply the tools of the trade nowadays when producing artwork during certain stages of the design process. Obviously, depending on skill level, it can look more or less elegant or organic, but it’s ultimately meant to broadly convey concept, placement, and content. It’s not a poster for your wall or a mural for the parks.

CoasterCowboy67

Even true trackless rides follow predetermined paths. You don’t even need true trackless to provide different routes.
I should say the feeling of unpredictability. For the average person who rides Rise of the Resistance every few years, you don’t know exactly when you’re going forward backward or sideways next.

If you see a track, your path is more predictable. You could stop or go fast or go reverse, but there are far fewer degrees of freedom

TrainsOfDisney

For the average person who rides Rise of the Resistance every few years, you don’t know exactly when you’re going forward backward or sideways next.
rise is such a well lit building with the path clearly marked on the floor there might as well be a track guide there.

Runaway and maybe rat (only rode it once so I can’t remember for sure) are a a little bit better with that.

Indy and Spider-Man have rise beat on the feeling of predictability.

CoasterCowboy67

rise is such a well lit building with the path clearly marked on the floor there might as well be a track guide there.

Runaway and maybe rat (only rode it once so I can’t remember for sure) are a a little bit better with that.

Indy and Spider-Man have rise beat on the feeling of predictability.
Rise beats them all — literally in a vertical direction that the others do not, and in the simulator you drop into.

You see marks on the floor; but you don’t have any idea which of those marks your vehicle is taking next. They go all over the place in circles

You can’t compare that to a track in front of you where the chance you’ll randomly go left is virtually zero

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

You see marks on the floor; but you don’t have any idea which of those marks your vehicle is taking next. They go all over the place in circles
Of all the trackless I’ve been on Rise is the most predictable - the only surprise I had was the elevator but that could have been accomplished with other types of vehicles.

As far as cars go…. With how much trouble they have had with rise technically it seems quite brave of them to try this. I wish I was inside imagineering and seeing what other ride systems they might be considering and how sure of trackless they are.

CoasterCowboy67

Of all the trackless I’ve been on Rise is the most predictable - the only surprise I had was the elevator but that could have been accomplished with other types of vehicles.

As far as cars go…. With how much trouble they have had with rise technically it seems quite brave of them to try this. I wish I was inside imagineering and seeing what other ride systems they might be considering and how sure of trackless they are.
Rise is by far the most complex and unpredictable of the vehicle paths you listed. Indy and Spiderman have visible tracks and “next rooms” you go to, so those are most obvious about what’s next, even with Spiderman taking you backward

Remy and MMRR don’t have elevator lifts and the simulator sequence in MMRR is far less involved than Rise

TrainsOfDisney

Rise is by far the most complex and unpredictable of the vehicles you listed. Indy and Spiderman have visible tracks and “next rooms” you go to, so those are most obvious about what’s next
I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to say, you just added complex, I wasn’t referring to the complexity of the ride cause you never mentioned it.

If you are trying to argue with my feeling of an attraction, well I can just say how I feel and that is rise is the most predictable of all of those mentioned. To me, indy and spider man beat out Rise any day.

Gusey

Makes me all the more hesitant. What does being trackless ads to guest experience vs a subtle track? Itnid great outside and when the road path is seen it is great, like Kong.
But without multiple maiden paths and never knowing the programming, trackless just seems kind of pointless. Unless we are getting to were it is overdone.

Trackless outside would be more complex as many things can be in the ride path causing issue, and likely not as high speed.
Also, trackless rides can overlap ride paths between vehicles, rather than having all vehicles follow the same ride path. You could have a car travelling behind one car, then overtaking them, which you wouldn't be able to do with a tracked ride

CoasterCowboy67

I’m not exactly sure what you’re trying to say, you just added complex, I wasn’t referring to the complexity of the ride cause you never mentioned it.

If you are trying to argue with my feeling of an attraction, well I can just say how I feel and that is rise is the most predictable of all of those mentioned. To me, indy and spider man beat out Rise any day.
the complexity of the potential path (or degrees of freedom of the path) corresponds with unpredictability which was the comment I made originally. You tried to argue the building is so well lit for Rise, but my point is that it doesn’t matter how well let or marked it is, you still don’t know where you’re going and are capable of going in so many more directions on that ride than the others your listed

celluloid

Also, trackless rides can overlap ride paths between vehicles, rather than having all vehicles follow the same ride path. You could have a car travelling behind one car, then overtaking them, which you wouldn't be able to do with a tracked ride
That would be cool. Likely wide paths would be involved with this st sny sort of high speed for ride programming envelopes. Also, you can, it would just be based on switchtracks or a special RV set.

Last edited:

celluloid

Good point. Spidey and Indy put the unpredictability onto the ride environment and ride vehicle design.

They pair nicely with not just "which corner are we taking next" but also "Whats around the corner?" Of we are speaking of the feeling of where are are going next, then those are certainly great examples you bought up. Lower tech versions of this also such as enclosed coasters and omnimovers
Then there is saving reveals such as Tower of Terror and Energy. Which I would argue still do trackless in that wa better than most modern attempts.

You can never know with Indy, Transformers or Scoop RVs because of their programming.

Last edited:

Quietmouse

I will be honest,
Yes, and hopefully that will be enough but honestly that may be a problem since it requires 2 trains (and they used to rain 3 on busy days).

I’m just looking at the facts…. Steamboat, Red Car Trolley….. what’s next on that list? Yes, the train has attendance so hopefully that saves it but if they want an excuse “Villains land” would be it.

The train actually serves a purpose, and helps guests get from one side to the park to the other, especially those who are disabled and can’t walk long distances.

The steam boat and trolley were by and large purely for aesthetic purposes and didn’t actually serve the guests in any functional way but was rather purely for theming.

celluloid

I will be honest,

The train actually serves a purpose, and helps guests get from one side to the park to the other, especially those who are disabled and can’t walk long distances.

The steam boat and trolley were by and large purely for aesthetic purposes and didn’t actually serve the guests in any functional way but was rather purely for theming.
The train is three lands( and two of the most popular for guest traffic) worth of people.
It can't be counted the same because not really comparable. The WDWRR costs more to operate as well. Not to mention looks busier when less trains are in use compared to before.

Serving a purpose like you mentioned, has never stopped Disney from cutting before.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

The WDWRR costs more to operate as well. Not to mention ooks busier when less trains are in use compared to before.
Yeah, for the RR I could see busy being worse because that forces them to run more trains. At least with the steamboat they can run very limited hours and it’s only 1 boat.

The steam train should be running from park open to park close, and should be running 2-3 trains the majority of the day.

celluloid

Yeah, for the RR I could see busy being worse because that forces them to run more trains. At least with the steamboat they can run very limited hours and it’s only 1 boat.

The steam train should be running from park open to park close, and should be running 2-3 trains the majority of the day.
The WDRR already has to stop for fireworks and other situations which execs don't like as well as it's staffing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom