News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Incomudro

And really I have been a Disney cheerleader for most of my life... We have annual passes, bought into DVC, used to take lots of trips there a year...it is just getting crazy in the last 10 years.... Prices are getting more and more ridiculous, the planning has become more and more difficult...and quite frankly aside from Guardians that I really enjoy, the last projects have all been just ok....and some bad....
I'm in essentially the same situation.

Schmidt

As of now, I've got very little faith in this ride system.
I'd be far more happy if the ride system was the Test Track ride system that Radiator Springs has.
I like that ride system a lot, as I know it's capable of great speeds, sharp turns, and sudden stops.
It's fun.
I'm going to have to see what the ride system for the Pave the Waterways ride system is.
As of now, I don't believe it's going to be very quick.
The press release says "Thrilling race," but it doesn't say "high speed."
You have very little faith based off of what?

Chef idea Mickey`=

They could've just taken out Princess Fairytale Hall, moved the princess meet-and-greets to the little spot where Merida was, and put a Frozen dark ride there.
Oh Great! That's even worse than Norway. Your telling me Walt Disney World can't even get a Land of Frozen. It's more possible Disneyland would got one started if say Magic Kingdom didn't have room because they want to keep storybook circus and they already have new Fantasyland in the way!

Eh meeting one particular character is one thing but they would never let anyone with their kiss dressed up as their favorite princess and dolled up from Bipity Bobidy waiting in the heat to sweat nor would it be easy for Cinderella, Tiana those in huge ballgowns.

WorldExplorer

Eh meeting one particular character is one thing but they would never let anyone with their kiss dressed up as their favorite princess and dolled up from Bipity Bobidy waiting in the heat to sweat nor would it be easy for Cinderella, Tiana those in huge ballgowns.

You've clearly never had the pleasure of entering Ariel's Grotto. Plenty of tiny Bibbity Bobbity princesses waiting in the increasingly cramped space with no air conditioning.

Chef idea Mickey`=

you have to admit, fundamentally changing the entire feel of the iconic Magic Kingdom park....and I mean forever changing it...there is no going back... For a Cars Ride, which does not feel like the best franchise for this park at all..is going to illicit some angst handles by the best of companies...and let's face it...they are not in a period of overwhelming success with their projects lately....Hard to be optimistic after the mostly terrible "reimagining of Epcot" we endured years of construction for very little payoff and had any parts of that plan that actually sounded great, cancelled or value engineered out of existence.... So now a new plan... there are other parks that fit this better... there are other parks that need more than MK does...there are other areas of the Magic Kingdom that need to be fixed and reopened... This is an odd plan, and in the end I don't think they will do it right... So I am a bit of a pessimist on this... Even the location is not from the actual Cars Films...an unknown location..kind of like SWGE...
This is spot on how we see the current company being as today. With Epcot they got us with not knowing what we'd fall losing for but now with something more prominent to be demolished we aren't like not knowing they can deliver something underwhelming nothing close to any of the earlier concept arts.

Chef idea Mickey`=

Hard to be optimistic after the mostly terrible "reimagining of Epcot" we endured years of construction for very little payoff and had any parts of that plan that actually sounded great, cancelled or value engineered out of existence.... So now a new plan...
This may be off topic but since going by parts of a plan was there anything that sounded great with the overhaul of Epcot?

For me it was the pillars back in the front of Spaceship Earth I thought that was cool to see return and also the 2017 concept art.

phillip9698

Actually every land has a time period attached... Everything but the TTC....and that is dated because they never did much with it.... Jungle Cruise is set in the early 20th Century, Pirates is set in the 18th century I would guess...Frontierland looked to be late 19th early 20th century.... Extremely Limiting??? I guess any theme at all is limiting... So perhaps something like a 6 Flags park would better suit as it has none of those nasty limits....lol It can have anything anywhere....Which is exactly what TDO seems to be working towards....

The point went completely past you.

I said no other LAND has a time period attached to it, and you jumped directly to the actual rides themselves.

Tell me what time period encompasses adventure. It has no time, which is why the rides in that land aren’t stuck in a specific period. The time period of Jungle Cruise doesn’t clash with the time period of Indiana Jones, which doesn’t clash with the time period of the Tiki Room, which doesn’t clash with the time period of Pirates, etc…. There is no time, it’s just adventure.

Tomorrow has no specific time. It can be any period that is beyond today.

Fantasy has no time.

New Orleans has no time.

Critter Country has no time.

Toontown has no time.

Main Street has no time.

World Bazaar has no time.

Western has no time.

Frontierland has a time. It’s from the 1600s to the 1900s. Which is exactly why a race car appearing in that land doesn’t make thematic sense. If it was just Westernland then Route 66 could go right past a saloon with no issue whatsoever.

Quietmouse

I said no other LAND has a time period attached to it, and you jumped directly to the actual rides themselves.

Tell me what time period encompasses adventure. It has no time, which is why the rides in that land aren’t stuck in a specific period of time. The time period of Jungle Cruise doesn’t clash with the time period of Indiana Jones, which doesn’t clash with the time period of the Tiki Room, which doesn’t clash with the time period of Pirates, etc…. There is no time, it’s just adventure.

Fantasy has no time.

New Orleans has no time.

Toontown has no time.

Main Street has no time.

Western has no time.

Frontierland has a time. It’s from the 1600s to the 1900s. Which is exactly why a race car appearing in that land doesn’t make thematic sense. If it was just Westernland then Route 66 could go right past a saloon with no issue whatsoever.

So splash mountain fit in?

TrainsOfDisney

“Here we experience the story of our country's past ... the colorful drama of Frontier America in the exciting days of the covered wagon and the stage coach ... the advent of the railroad ... and the romantic riverboat. Frontierland is a tribute to the faith, courage and ingenuity of the pioneers who blazed the trails across America.”
- Walt Disney

This is the official Frontierland Plaque.

AidenRodriguez731

Tell me what time period encompasses adventure. It has no time, which is why the rides in that land aren’t stuck in a specific period. The time period of Jungle Cruise doesn’t clash with the time period of Indiana Jones, which doesn’t clash with the time period of the Tiki Room, which doesn’t clash with the time period of Pirates, etc…. There is no time, it’s just adventure.

Fantasy has no time.

New Orleans has no time.

Toontown has no time.

Main Street has no time.

Western has no time.

I like how we can suspend disbelief enough for that range to make sense but add in 2000s and you are crazy?

Not to mention, CBJ takes place after 1928 canonically so its literally less than a hundred years difference

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom