News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

etc98

Actually every land has a time period attached... Everything but the TTC....and that is dated because they never did much with it.... Jungle Cruise is set in the early 20th Century, Pirates is set in the 18th century I would guess...Frontierland looked to be late 19th early 20th century.... Extremely Limiting??? I guess any theme at all is limiting... So perhaps something like a 6 Flags park would better suit as it has none of those nasty limits....lol It can have anything anywhere....Which is exactly what TDO seems to be working towards....
I guess their point is that Jungle Cruise and Pirates both exist in Adventureland, but are set 200 years apart. So why can’t Cars and Big Thunder both exist in Frontierland and be set 150 years apart.

Not saying I agree with that argument, but I think that’s the argument being made

Bocabear

Cars doesn't take place in the Old West Frontier...The new attraction doesn't either...it is in a National Park somewhere... Not really the theme of the Frontier and the old west...The other lands were all sort of based on a human story.... History, fantasy...but human... This is an alternate land that we do no know that is the home of anthropomorphized automobiles... Which to me feels different and at odd with the rest of the park... DHS was a better choice for something like this....

CoasterCowboy67

Actually every land has a time period attached... Everything but the TTC....and that is dated because they never did much with it.... Jungle Cruise is set in the early 20th Century, Pirates is set in the 18th century I would guess...Frontierland looked to be late 19th early 20th century.... Extremely Limiting??? I guess any theme at all is limiting... So perhaps something like a 6 Flags park would better suit as it has none of those nasty limits....lol It can have anything anywhere....Which is exactly what TDO seems to be working towards....
You should have stopped at Jungle Cruise and Pirates, where you listed 2 rides in one land with totally different time periods. The geography connects them. Same exact is happening at Frontierland with Cars. Thanks for providing the examples

Quietmouse

DisneySea just got a bunch of new rides, all Disney IP. And that's not by mandate of Iger or D'Amaro, that was by OLC's choice. So, the score goes....

DisneySea's Rides
Based on IP
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Nemo & Friends SeaRider
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Anna & Elsa's Frozen Journey
  • Rapunzel's Lantern Festival
  • Pet Pan's Never Land Adventure
  • Fairy Tinker Bell's Busy Buggies
  • Caravan Carousel
  • Jasmine's Flying Carpets
  • Scuttle's Scooters
  • Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster

Clone-ish from other Disney Parks
  • Soaring: Fantastic Flight
  • Tower of Terror
  • 20K under the Sea

No IP
  • a bunch of vehicle rides: trains, trolleys, gondola, steamer
  • Aquatopia
  • Raging Spirits
  • Sindbad's Storybook Voyage
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Blowfish Balloon Race
  • The Whirlpool
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

Um isn’t journey to the center and sinbad a ip?

And blowfish balloon race and jumping jellyfish are part of the mermaid lagoon (little mermaid)

Bocabear

You should have stopped at Jungle Cruise and Pirates, where you listed 2 rides in one land with totally different time periods. The geography connects them. Same exact is happening at Frontierland with Cars. Thanks for providing the examples
but Cars doesn't take place in the same geography as Frontierland... It is a world populated by cars....with Car part shapes terrain... This has nothing to do with the Frontier... There is nothing that thematically connects it....
and actually the Pirates was a later addition to the land and there is a transition with the Caribbean Plaza...

CoasterCowboy67

but Cars doesn't take place in the same geography as Frontierland... It is a world populated by cars....with Car part shapes terrain... This has nothing to do with the Frontier... There is nothing that thematically connects it....
and actually the Pirates was a later addition to the land and there is a transition with the Caribbean Plaza...
This Cars attraction does absolutely take place in the American Frontier, the West, the wilderness, areas we know as California, Oregon, Montana, etc. because they’re telling it is

This is not Radiator Springs nor the first movie

Chef idea Mickey`=

This Cars attraction does absolutely take place in the American Frontier, the West, the wilderness, areas we know as California, Oregon, Montana, etc. because they’re telling it is

This is not Radiator Springs nor the first movie
And yet Radiator Spring's 😭 would made more sense Beyond right behind Big Thunder Mountain becoming a Desert Land.

California, Oregon, Montana aren't next to a Bayou!

celluloid

We are shifting goal posts here.
Time spans are not the issue. MAIN Street USA is an examplehow linear and algamation passes.
However, if Adventureland had eyes on Jungle Cruise Boats and thr Swiss Family treehouse and it was deemed a fictional historical landmark hotel as it's backstory, you would have something comparable to what is going on with Cars.

CoasterCowboy67

And yet Radiator Spring's 😭 would made more sense Beyond right behind Big Thunder Mountain becoming a Desert Land.

California, Oregon, Montana aren't next to a Bayou!
Oh c’mon — people were dying at the thought of RSR coming and how out of place it would be. The wilderness just isn’t desert

We are shifting goal posts here.
Time spans are not the issue. MAIN Street USA is an examplehow linear and algamation passes.
However, if Adventureland had eyes on Jungle Cruise Boats and thr Swiss Family treehouse and it was deemed a fictional historical landmark hotel as it's backstory, you would have something comparable to what is going on with Cars.
What do the eyes matter? This is Magic Kingdom, not Realism Kingdom

Cars doesn't take place in the Old West Frontier...The new attraction doesn't either...it is in a National Park somewhere... Not really the theme of the Frontier and the old west...The other lands were all sort of based on a human story.... History, fantasy...but human... This is an alternate land that we do no know that is the home of anthropomorphized automobiles... Which to me feels different and at odd with the rest of the park... DHS was a better choice for something like this....
Ironically if they kept to Radiator Springs, it would actually fit better. But they decided that they want to step outside RS… lol

Chef idea Mickey`=

For all the people saying it doesn't fit into Frontierland... what do you think was the final verdict on Cars fitting into California Adventure? I remember people being quite vocal that it didn't fit since most of the movie takes place in Utah/Arizona.

Or what about the final verdict on Pandora fitting into Animal Kingdom?

Or Frozen fitting into Epcot? Or Nemo?

We're five, ten, fifteen years past some of these massive tonal shifts so we should have seen some measurable impact on them in park attendance right? I mean, if it really mattered at all.
So if it wasn't for Norway what would've happened? Would Disney built a World of Arendale in Magic Kingdom or Disneyland.
It really sucks because Arendelle and Cars Land are such beautiful lands for WDW with the atmosphere and night life they both provide.

People were always fighting for Cars Land at DCA staying exclusive because it was the Headlining Land out for that park. Now with Avatar coming to DCA no one seems to fight where it's going would be odd. I'm not saying that Disneyland resort can't get Frozen but then again why can't WDW now get a true Cars Land of it's own. Is that why they are building Frozen so much overseas and waiting for Disneyland to get something based on the 3rd and 4th film?

These two films are kids properties and when you see that both coasts are getting Tiana which some small kids won't be able to ride nor see their favorite princess is insane to me.

Ironically if they kept to Radiator Springs, it would actually fit better. But they decided that they want to step outside RS… lol
I'm not sure it's about stepping outside, people say they learned to keeping each Land exclusive. Oh but two Tiana's is okay just don't give one coast Tiana's restaurant. We have to accept that because we have Norway we won't get an Arendale like overseas meanwhile we won't get Cars Land ever nor international because it's DCA's jewel baby on a property that sells $$$

Last edited:

Chef idea Mickey`=

Oh c’mon — people were dying at the thought of RSR coming and how out of place it would be. The wilderness just isn’t desert

What do the eyes matter? This is Magic Kingdom, not Realism Kingdom
An expansion is it's own separate Land.
On one side of Big Thunder you got Frontierland and on the other you got Desert America which Coco would fitted beside it and while your at it why not add Wilderness Oregan, Montana behind Big Thunder.. There three different settings with Big Thunder in the center.

Schmidt

I kind of agree but also part of me is happy that this isn’t a clone. Actually it’s a completely different ride system, so more than just a theming change. Not arguing placement of the attraction but this has some potential to be really good or even great. With that said this is a high risk move and could potentially not work out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom