News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

flynnibus

Premium Member
I love how from a single photo the experts here already know what they are doing with everything NOT in the photo (frontierland and the adjacent areas)

Why are you all arguing what Frontierland is or isn't when you have absolutely ZERO reference of what Disney is even attempting to do (or not) with it? I mean we have what.. two pieces of art about the Cars thing? We barely even know what it is.. and you all are arguing the failure of changes to things we know nothing about.

You're literally arguing about attractions you know nothing about fitting with changes you know nothing about and spending pages going back and forth over who is right or wrong. Do you plan on doing this for the next 4 years?

Yes, we are all concerned about what the changes to the areas adjacent to this new attraction will be and how far Disney will go or not. But jeezus reality check... you don't have a clue what is even being proposed for the changes yet.

CoasterCowboy67

National Parks were not made to protect the spirit of forging westward. Literally made t protect and keep land preserved. Your argument fell apart.
When did I say protect the spirit of forging westward? I said they protect the environments as experienced by those centuries ago who moved westward. Your reading comprehension fell apart

Chef idea Mickey`=

But Cars will make MK unique and special. Diet? Cars will be a better expexperience
The question remains will this incredible experience feel special and unique but yet out of place. I get that it fits with WDW but Magic Kingdom? Did Magic Kingdom have to sacrifice becoming a flat heated park with only lands surrounding it when Hollywood Studios is basically that. Also I hear you won't get the best trees because the underneath the soil is the cast member tunnels. Hollywood Studios wouldn't have that issue.

Quietmouse

The question remains will this incredible experience feel special and unique but yet out of place. I get that it fits with WDW but Magic Kingdom? Did Magic Kingdom have to sacrifice becoming a flat heated park with only lands surrounding it when Hollywood Studios is basically that. Also I hear you won't get the best trees because the underneath the soil is the cast member tunnels. Hollywood Studios wouldn't have that issue.

From what I understand, and from what supposed insiders have said, the card attraction will have land elevation changes to resemble a legit national park.

Chef idea Mickey`=

But Cars will make MK unique and special. Diet? Cars will be a better experience.
Diet I mean it's a weak version of than Disneyland and other castle parks. It will be no more weak with a Villain's Land but people will always refer to castle parks for what's classic is why people continue to see the best Epcot in it's glory 80s to late 90s days.

I only loved Cars for Magic Kingdom as a strength for that park if you brought in Ornament Valley cascading behind Big Thunder Mountain and you turned that beyond back area into a Desert Land with Route 66 and Radiator Spring's and keeping Frontierland as is and moving Villain's further beyond hidden cascading behind Fantasyland.

Quietmouse

Diet I mean it's a weak version of than Disneyland and other castle parks. It will be no more weak with a Villain's Land but people will always refer to castle parks for what's classic is why people continue to see the best Epcot in it's glory 80s to late 90s days.

I only loved Cars for Magic Kingdom as a strength for that park if you brought in Ornament Valley cascading behind Big Thunder Mountain and you turned that beyond back area into a Desert Land with Route 66 and Radiator Spring's and keeping Frontierland as is and moving Villain's further beyond hidden cascading behind Fantasyland.

Tokyo Disney sea is considered one of the best theme parks in Disney portfolio , and it has very little to do with the classics (considering it’s a newer park) but more to do with the high level of theming and the attraction lineup are very well executed.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
From what I understand, and from what supposed insiders have said, the card attraction will have land elevation changes to resemble a legit national park.
That's also easily inferred looking at the concept art. What isn't clear however is if there will be darkride element show scenes. I suspect there will be based on what appears to be a tunnel portion. We won't know for sure til we get more details.

TrainsOfDisney

I mean we have what.. two pieces of art about the Cars thing?
3 and none of them really match up. 2 of them look like very early concept sketches and really don’t tell us much.

The one detailed sketch that has been released is interesting because of the Paris buildings - I would hope the space we can’t see on the backside is themed to New Orleans and Bryce Canyon to match up with other area attractions.

celluloid

When did I say protect the spirit of forging westward? I said they protect the environments as experienced by those centuries ago who moved westward. Your reading comprehension fell apart
Big buzzer noise.
No need to attack my reading comprehension.
What you deacribe would fit conservation though. There is a Disney park for that at WDW
Or Grizzly peak at DCA that celebrates that cali national park system and modern connection.
A romanticized spirit of The Frontier, naught.

Last edited:

celluloid

Rename it "Americana" and everything that has been and will be will fit. You can even include Liberty Square and the HM in it.

So far.
So we used to call this a castle park, or simply, Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom. Disneyland.

The entire park was themed to the mythos of America's interaction with the world andits own land past present and future with a dedication and everything.
The specialized lands once through America's Main Street within the park created more specific environments.
If homogenizing further is the best argument...then I think the argument pointed out it's own flaws.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tokyo Disney sea is considered one of the best theme parks in Disney portfolio , and it has very little to do with the classics (considering it’s a newer park) but more to do with the high level of theming and the attraction lineup are very well executed.

DisneySea just got a bunch of new rides, all Disney IP. And that's not by mandate of Iger or D'Amaro, that was by OLC's choice. So, the score goes....

DisneySea's Rides
Based on IP
  • Toy Story Mania
  • Nemo & Friends SeaRider
  • Indiana Jones Adventure
  • Anna & Elsa's Frozen Journey
  • Rapunzel's Lantern Festival
  • Pet Pan's Never Land Adventure
  • Fairy Tinker Bell's Busy Buggies
  • Caravan Carousel
  • Jasmine's Flying Carpets
  • Scuttle's Scooters
  • Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster

Clone-ish from other Disney Parks
  • Soaring: Fantastic Flight
  • Tower of Terror
  • 20K under the Sea

No IP
  • a bunch of vehicle rides: trains, trolleys, gondola, steamer
  • Aquatopia
  • Raging Spirits
  • Sindbad's Storybook Voyage
  • Jumpin' Jellyfish
  • Blowfish Balloon Race
  • The Whirlpool
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

Dizknee_Phreek

Here's the issue, operationally, if Disney did something to make the island more popular the logistics of getting more people and crowd controlling that island would be a nightmare. Only way on or off is by a raft, it's hard to move people through the caves and fort. That island only works for low capacity just from a safety point of view.
Exactly. So what's all this talk about TSI not being more popular? It's not made to be high capacity. It sounds like many people are expecting it to be something it was never meant to be. This whole "if more people visited TSI..." argument falls apart from the jump because it wasn't built to move the same amount of people as a dark ride. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the park or doesn't serve as important of a purpose as a dark ride. But the other side of the argument is "there aren't enough people using it"...so, my point was Disney could've done something to entice more people. I've been to that island in the early 90s when there were people everywhere, and the there were so many kids on the balancing rock I just had to skip it. I've "white washed" that fence, and I've fished in the ROA from deck near Aunt Polly's. My point was there are things they could've done to make it more engaging and bring it closer to capacity. And if it reaches capacity? Do what the MK front gates do and close it off to new guests until others leave. I'm pretty sure they know how to handle crowds.

This is a very good point. Many people are focusing on what is lost without (maybe) considering what we will gain. While I am very worried that they won't nail it, and what we will get is worse, I choose to be optimistic until shown otherwise.
This is false. I of course can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we've all considered what may be gained here. And many of us feel like it won't measure up to what we already have. We've all seen the early concept art. We know what they are proposing. We see that they've beautifully drawn rocks and trees and, yes, even water. But some of us have tried to be optimistic about Disney's proposed changes and we've been let down time and time again. What they give us doesn't measure up to what they tear down. That's not progress, that's change for the sake of change. It's great if some people can still be optimistic towards Disney with these things, but many of us have tried doing that and came away disappointed. And there's only so much benefit of the doubt people can give before they give up and automatically start expecting the worst. Maybe Disney will prove us naysayers wrong...but it would be a surprise at this point.

TrainsOfDisney

Also… A little reminder on concept art with modern day Disney ;) - thanks to our favorite resident flightless bird for the reminder! @MisterPenguin
D91F0563-CF8F-4F96-8B73-C483CADC81AC.png

97F7A058-C8D2-4D47-BBC4-6F6F15A8D262.jpeg

Last edited:

Bocabear

Boom, great idea. Frontierland is extremely limiting because it puts a date to the land. None of the other lands have a specific period of time attached.
Actually every land has a time period attached... Everything but the TTC....and that is dated because they never did much with it.... Jungle Cruise is set in the early 20th Century, Pirates is set in the 18th century I would guess...Frontierland looked to be late 19th early 20th century.... Extremely Limiting??? I guess any theme at all is limiting... So perhaps something like a 6 Flags park would better suit as it has none of those nasty limits....lol It can have anything anywhere....Which is exactly what TDO seems to be working towards....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom