News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

bwr827

Is Pandora, the land even that successful? FoP of course is, as well as Satu’li Canteen. But I thought people didn’t think the whole nighttime elements worked. They note the lack of entertainment. I always am struck by how full and alive the planet feels in FOP and how empty and abandoned it feels (except for the sweaty tourists) outside. I don’t see loads of people talk about how they enjoy just being in Pandora, or see people hanging out, outside the people who are clearly waiting for someone to get off the ride or for their LL time. It didn’t help keep people in the park after 4pm.

I get the same impression as I get from the Starcruiser… the people who love it *really* love it, while a lot of others leave not really sure what to think, but FoP is really great! And we’ve already established, via this weeks news, a smallish group of people that really love something isn’t enough.

DCAs Carsland is far more successful in the people just hanging out, taking pictures in a multitude of places, snacks etc.
Pandora is incredible. Otherworldly, immersive. Best ride at WDW. Great food.

Sneaky

I doubt it's COP.

I certainly don't want it to be, as that's probably my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom, but Tomorrowland is a mess and needs a bunch of work and they don't seem to know what to do with it.

While I wouldn't put it past them, I don't think they have an idea or an IP they could use to replace COP right now.
Oh god I had a thought. People have been saying Adventureland is one of the things up next.
Jungle cruise?

bwr827

If Zanetti is correct, there was never a hope of keeping Rivers of America or Tom Sawyer Island. There’s no conspiracy, or philosophical abandonment of the soul of Magic Kingdom.

Things get old and broken and their time passes. It’s sad, but I’m hopeful that what’s coming will add new beauty and excitement to this park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So what's your MO my guy? To always downplay the importance, quality or significance from anything at the Disney parks only AFTER it's been announced to be removed?

1. I've been a proponent of removing RoA for a long time to create more capacity.

2. My response was in response to all those people who did the whole hyperbolic "paved paradise to put up a parking lot."

So... the post is what it is.

Shall we discuss your M.O. on these forums next?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just thought of something. While it’s clear once this is completed, Tomorrowland Speedway will be the second best cars attraction in the park. And while it may feel duplicative, RSR has a 40”, whereas 32” is the requirement for Tomorrowland Speedway. That’s not a huge difference, but cars would have a more limited presumptive guest range
The new MK Cars land will have a second smaller cars ride for the kiddies.

Speedway may not be around long enough to be called 'second' anything.

Moth

Are you talking about a Otherworld Showcase pavillion near the Land?

IIRC thre was a reference to Living with the Land on one of the posters in the Zootopia: Hot Pursuit queue.

On another tack: Bunnyburrow in the Tree Farm, specially with a National Wildlife Federation demonstration garden? Maybe even Bug's Life stuff?

You did say a retheme was in play that would lessen the blow of something, correct?
That's the HoP rumors.

Tha Realest

You forgot option C.

Higher ups WANT Zootopia in another park. ESPECIALLY if Zoo 2 does numbers.

If it's not getting a land in DAK. Not going to MK currently (not set in stone, that can always be plopped somewhere else in that park, aka speedway if that dies). Not doing to DHS if Monsters goes to AC... what's left, chat? What park is the remaining place they'd try to shove in the film that has a FARMER rabbit, with a park that has a WHOLE area with NO SPONSOR and NO IP...
It has always been my dream to having Living with the Land narrated by a snarky Jason Bateman. It’ll be like an agricultural version of SmartLess!

mickEblu

1. I've been a proponent of removing RoA for a long time to create more capacity.

2. My response was in response to all those people who did the whole hyperbolic "paved paradise to put up a parking lot."

So... the post is what it is.

Shall we discuss your M.O. on these forums next?

Removing the whole ROA or just the half North of Mansion? That’s a big difference.

I’d rather see people being overly passionate about something they care about vs someone that systematically and disingenuously downplays everything of value that’s removed. At least the former is genuine.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom