News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

TrainsOfDisney

Since we are talking about concept art and budget cuts…. It should be noted that the 2 recent gold standards are Cars Land and Pandora. Of note, both were led by 2 of the best Imagineers ever (Joe Rohde and Kevin Rafferty) but more importantly - they were both working alongside the films Producers who were very adamant that Disney had to do the property right - they couldn’t cut corners.

lazyboy97o

well they announced one is going to be a bar, does that count?

Others we’ve lost - Beasts Castle for Lunch, Tomorrowland Terrace, and Main Street Bakery - I’m happy to have Starbucks in the parks but we need a Main Street Sandwich shop as well.
Even the Adventureland Verandah’s full capacity still hasn’t been replaced!

Moth

Here's the thing:

@Moth heard that Zootopia and Simpsons are planned to go over there.

IIRC on one Brayden's videos he mentions hearing that Zootopia is one of the franchises being pushed for WDW. In general, Zootopia is far more popular in the US than DisTwitter wants to believe.

@Moth also heard that Zootopia Land was pushed from Magic Kingdom.

So, do you:
* Replace Muppets courtyard with Monsters Inc.
Or
* Put Monsters Inc. in the Animation Courtyard, and in a curling-esque chain reaction send Zootopia land to northern Animal Kingdom?
You forgot option C.

Higher ups WANT Zootopia in another park. ESPECIALLY if Zoo 2 does numbers.

If it's not getting a land in DAK. Not going to MK currently (not set in stone, that can always be plopped somewhere else in that park, aka speedway if that dies). Not doing to DHS if Monsters goes to AC... what's left, chat? What park is the remaining place they'd try to shove in the film that has a FARMER rabbit, with a park that has a WHOLE area with NO SPONSOR and NO IP...

Choose your fate wisely here.

Also RnR won't be Mayhem barring some sort of miracle.

SCOTLORR

You forgot option C.

If it's not getting a land in DAK. Not going to MK currently (not set in stone, that can always be plopped somewhere else in that park, aka speedway if that dies). Not doing to DHS if Monsters goes to AC... what's left, chat? What park is the remaining place they'd try to shove in the film that has a FARMER rabbit, with a park that has a WHOLE area with NO SPONSOR and NO IP...

If Monsters goes into AC, why wouldn't the Zootopia expansion just take over Muppets a few years down the line instead? DHS has two areas due for redevelopment and two IPs to make mini-lands for. Monsters will get the first area and then Zootopia gets the second a couple years from now.

Is it incorrect to assume that Zootopia would just switch to Muppets Courtyard if Monsters goes to Animation Courtyard?

Moth

If Monsters goes into AC, why wouldn't the Zootopia expansion just take over Muppets a few years down the line instead? DHS has two areas due for redevelopment and two IPs to make mini-lands for. Monsters will get the first area and then Zootopia gets the second a couple years from now.

Is it incorrect to assume that Zootopia would just switch to Muppets Courtyard if Monsters goes to Animation Courtyard?
Nah that's probably what's going to happen.

Sneaky

You forgot option C.

I’m sorry, I’m taking animal kingdom here.

Moth

Can’t they just move muppetvision man?
Why would it make sense for them to move a thirty year film that has live preformers, a plethora of AAs, effects, based off an IP that has nothing to sell currently that isn't original to the parks?

Why do that when we can make a Monsters Inc 4D show?

I'm just saying what the execs are thinking right now likely.

Sneaky

Why would it make sense for them to move a thirty year film that has live preformers, a plethora of AAs, effects, based off an IP that has nothing to sell currently that isn't original to the parks?

Why do that when we can make a Monsters Inc 4D show?

I'm just saying what the execs are thinking right now likely.
I don’t want the muppets to dissapear from WDW man?

SCOTLORR

You forgot option C.

Honestly the second best option behind DHS for Zootopia would be on the Speedway site in MK, merged into Fantasyland. That would actually make some thematic sense given that the land is themed after fantasy.

hopemax

Since we are talking about concept art and budget cuts…. It should be noted that the 2 recent gold standards are Cars Land and Pandora. Of note, both were led by 2 of the best Imagineers ever (Joe Rohde and Kevin Rafferty) but more importantly - they were both working alongside the films Producers who were very adamant that Disney had to do the property right - they couldn’t cut corners.
Is Pandora, the land even that successful? FoP of course is, as well as Satu’li Canteen. But I thought people didn’t think the whole nighttime elements worked. They note the lack of entertainment. I always am struck by how full and alive the planet feels in FOP and how empty and abandoned it feels (except for the sweaty tourists) outside. I don’t see loads of people talk about how they enjoy just being in Pandora, or see people hanging out, outside the people who are clearly waiting for someone to get off the ride or for their LL time. It didn’t help keep people in the park after 4pm.

I get the same impression as I get from the Starcruiser… the people who love it *really* love it, while a lot of others leave not really sure what to think, but FoP is really great! And we’ve already established, via this weeks news, a smallish group of people that really love something isn’t enough.

DCAs Carsland is far more successful in the people just hanging out, taking pictures in a multitude of places, snacks etc.

dreamfinding

If Zootopia gets its own land in DAK, Joe Rhode might die. Also, Disney has a lot of nerve awarding him the status of legend while refusing to give his park justice.

Out of curiosity, why can’t they put Door Coaster where RnR is? From what I hear, RnR catches on fire quite often and seems like the problem child of DHS.

TrainsOfDisney

Is Pandora, the land even that successful? FoP of course is, as well as Satu’li Canteen. But I thought people didn’t think the whole nighttime elements worked.
It looked incredible at night! My opinion at least.
They note the lack of entertainment.
When opened the land had entertainment.
I don’t see loads of people talk about how they enjoy just being in Pandora, or see people hanging out, outside the people who are clearly waiting for someone to get off the ride or for their LL time.
I’ve always seen lines for photo pass in front of the mountains and lots of guests wandering the paths and interacting with the water features.

It didn’t help keep people in the park after 4pm.
Yes it did…. It kept the park open until 11 or 12 - the summer it opened I jumped into line 5 minutes before closing and was in the last theatre - walking out was really fun - the park was completely empty.

psherman42

If Zootopia gets its own land in DAK, Joe Rhode might die. Also, Disney has a lot of nerve awarding him the status of legend while refusing to give his park justice.

Out of curiosity, why can’t they put Door Coaster where RnR is? From what I hear, RnR catches on fire quite often and seems like the problem child of DHS.
First of all, why would they want to put the door coaster at RnR? When I imagine rhe door coaster. I imagine a coaster that’s geared more towards families, given the theme, with an intensity similar to Slinky Dog, but *maybe Thunder Mountain at most. Now obviously I could be wrong but why would they want to replace the only coaster on property that goes upside down with something more tame? Especially if they’re trying to compete with Universal?

Second of all, catches on fire quite often?!!!?

montyz81

If anybody has been paying attention to aerospace industry, this feels like Disney is Boeing and universal is Airbus. Airbus built a clean sheet design in the new A320neo while Boeing built on an existing platform of the 737. Universal Studios is building a brand new park while Disney is shoehorning a lot of IP into some classic well established rides, 737 has always been a well established plane and they ruined it by trying to make it more efficient. The same is going to happen to Disney I fear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom