News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

dreamfinding

If it's not getting a land in DAK. Not going to MK currently (not set in stone, that can always be plopped somewhere else in that park, aka speedway if that dies). Not doing to DHS if Monsters goes to AC... what's left, chat? What park is the remaining place they'd try to shove in the film that has a FARMER rabbit, with a park that has a WHOLE area with NO SPONSOR and NO IP...
If Zootopia gets its own land in DAK, Joe Rhode might die. Also, Disney has a lot of nerve awarding him the status of legend while refusing to give his park justice.
Choose your fate wisely here.

Also RnR won't be Mayhem barring some sort of miracle.
Out of curiosity, why can’t they put Door Coaster where RnR is? From what I hear, RnR catches on fire quite often and seems like the problem child of DHS.

TrainsOfDisney

Is Pandora, the land even that successful? FoP of course is, as well as Satu’li Canteen. But I thought people didn’t think the whole nighttime elements worked.
It looked incredible at night! My opinion at least.
They note the lack of entertainment.
When opened the land had entertainment.
I don’t see loads of people talk about how they enjoy just being in Pandora, or see people hanging out, outside the people who are clearly waiting for someone to get off the ride or for their LL time.
I’ve always seen lines for photo pass in front of the mountains and lots of guests wandering the paths and interacting with the water features.

It didn’t help keep people in the park after 4pm.
Yes it did…. It kept the park open until 11 or 12 - the summer it opened I jumped into line 5 minutes before closing and was in the last theatre - walking out was really fun - the park was completely empty.

psherman42

If Zootopia gets its own land in DAK, Joe Rhode might die. Also, Disney has a lot of nerve awarding him the status of legend while refusing to give his park justice.

Out of curiosity, why can’t they put Door Coaster where RnR is? From what I hear, RnR catches on fire quite often and seems like the problem child of DHS.
First of all, why would they want to put the door coaster at RnR? When I imagine rhe door coaster. I imagine a coaster that’s geared more towards families, given the theme, with an intensity similar to Slinky Dog, but *maybe Thunder Mountain at most. Now obviously I could be wrong but why would they want to replace the only coaster on property that goes upside down with something more tame? Especially if they’re trying to compete with Universal?

Second of all, catches on fire quite often?!!!?

montyz81

If anybody has been paying attention to aerospace industry, this feels like Disney is Boeing and universal is Airbus. Airbus built a clean sheet design in the new A320neo while Boeing built on an existing platform of the 737. Universal Studios is building a brand new park while Disney is shoehorning a lot of IP into some classic well established rides, 737 has always been a well established plane and they ruined it by trying to make it more efficient. The same is going to happen to Disney I fear.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
What a perfect way to sum this up, @Drew the Disney Dude - your tweet made me realize this is more than just losing the water of the river.

I'm devastated about Rivers. I spent over 100 hours next to that river this year alone documenting the construction of Tiana’s.

When the log testing would stop, I’d turn around and watch the Liberty Belle pass by and wave to everyone. The sound of the riverboat was always there every single time I went to MK to post updates on Tiana’s.

In my opinion, this is the worst decision ever in the history of Disney Parks. It’s the most naturally beautiful part of the world’s most popular theme park — and it’s going to be destroyed.

Earlie the Pearlie

You forgot option C.

Higher ups WANT Zootopia in another park. ESPECIALLY if Zoo 2 does numbers.

If it's not getting a land in DAK. Not going to MK currently (not set in stone, that can always be plopped somewhere else in that park, aka speedway if that dies). Not doing to DHS if Monsters goes to AC... what's left, chat? What park is the remaining place they'd try to shove in the film that has a FARMER rabbit, with a park that has a WHOLE area with NO SPONSOR and NO IP...

It is #3.

Wait n’ see…

🍿🍿🍿

-
You guys are making me nervous for EPCOT…

Advisable Joseph

You forgot option C.

Higher ups WANT Zootopia in another park. ESPECIALLY if Zoo 2 does numbers.

Are you talking about a Otherworld Showcase pavillion near the Land?

IIRC thre was a reference to Living with the Land on one of the posters in the Zootopia: Hot Pursuit queue.

On another tack: Bunnyburrow in the Tree Farm, specially with a National Wildlife Federation demonstration garden? Maybe even Bug's Life stuff?

You did say a retheme was in play that would lessen the blow of something, correct?

Jumping Fountains

Folks, we still have the originals in Disneyland. We're giving up a seldom-used copy for
In reality though I live on the east coast and am far more likely to visit Orlando l, due to things like vacation time, time difference, flight cost, etc. - so i will miss THIS rivers of America. The RoA are kind of a crescendo of theming as you round the park - really immersive and give depth. I think the cars ride sounds like it could be fun, but not at this expense.

Advisable Joseph

I'm devastated about Rivers. I spent over 100 hours next to that river this year alone documenting the construction of Tiana’s.

When the log testing would stop, I’d turn around and watch the Liberty Belle pass by and wave to everyone. The sound of the riverboat was always there every single time I went to MK to post updates on Tiana’s.

In my opinion, this is the worst decision ever in the history of Disney Parks. It’s the most naturally beautiful part of the world’s most popular theme park — and it’s going to be destroyed.
"Naturally beautiful"?

Go walk into the wetlands to see natural Central Florida!

(Rhetorical statement)

EDIT: Sorry if this is a bit harsh, but your comment seemed hyperbolic, and I'm trying to talk you down.

Last edited:

tallica

It is a man made river with a man made island in a man made theme park that is located next to man made lagoon. It is completely unnatural. You and many others may find it beautiful, but it is not natural.

Disstevefan1

A trip in my Time Machine?
I wish I had a Delorean Time Machine. I would use my Mr Fusion to get the 1.21 Giggawats needed to power my Flux Capacitor and set the time circuits to go back in time to stop this very stupid expansion retheming plan and change it such that they are actually developing on new, never before used land, saving the rivers of America, Tom Sayer island and the Liberty Square Riverboat, and making this an actual expansion of the park instead of a “destroy and reuse” plan.

UNCgolf

im calling it: the tiki room or COP

I doubt it's COP.

I certainly don't want it to be, as that's probably my favorite attraction at the Magic Kingdom, but Tomorrowland is a mess and needs a bunch of work and they don't seem to know what to do with it.

While I wouldn't put it past them, I don't think they have an idea or an IP they could use to replace COP right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom