News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
I'm genuinely curious. Are you making these claims based just on the artist rendering? Or based on some kind of inside knowledge?
Cars Expansion Coming to Magic Kingdom in Disney World - WDW Magazine
Disney World Is Adding a Villain-Themed Land to Magic Kingdom

Not one, two, but three pieces of artist renderings have water. Note that you can clearly see Big Thunder in the background of the second picture.

psherman42

What kind of proof do you want? A trip in my Time Machine?

Water features shouldn’t really need defined. You should be able to figure that one out on your own. There won’t be a river if that’s what you want me to say.

That fountain doesn’t exist because nothing in that artwork exists due to Covid related changes. It’s sucks now. I agree. But it’s not really fair to point to an extremely unique situation regarding a once in a lifetime global pandemic that led to massive changes for that project. Like I said… aside from Epcot what water was promised and not delivered?

The MK water feature was slightly reduced to accommodate a roller coaster instead of a meet and greet. I think we won that one.
That is my point right there. You have been here arguing that there will be water when the reality is you do not know that. You can believe there will be all you want but the truth is you don’t know. So you should stop stating that there will be water like it’s a fact. Because it’s not.

Actually it is a fair comparison because it shows how quickly water features can get cut. While we may not have another pandemic, there could be another unexpected event happen that could lead to cuts. And if that time comes, water features would be first. If they start building piston mountain when cuts hit, they won’t just stop construction on the mountain, but they could cut the waterfall.

The ironic thing is other than the lack of fountain, I actually think world celebration is an upgrade over what was there before. But that’s because it was mostly just concrete. But here they are paving over a river, one of the most scenic spots in the park, and also replacing it with an IP that doesn’t fit the theme of the area. No matter what they do, it will be a downgrade. RoA feels like part of the soul of MK, it’s so central it’s in EVERY castle park around the world. And they’re just going to pave over it like it’s nothing. And I’m sorry but it sounds ridiculous to basically say, “but don’t worry! There could be a waterfall!”

So are you saying if the water features you’re so certain are going to exist we’re diminished because of a ride that that’s a win? Would you also defend them paving over World Showcase Lagoon or Echo Lake?

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
That is my point right there. You have been here arguing that there will be water when the reality is you do not know that. You can believe there will be all you want but the truth is you don’t know. So you should stop stating that there will be water like it’s a fact. Because it’s not.

Actually it is a fair comparison because it shows how quickly water features can get cut. While we may not have another pandemic, there could be another unexpected event happen that could lead to cuts. And if that time comes, water features would be first. If they start building piston mountain when cuts hit, they won’t just stop construction on the mountain, but they could cut the waterfall.

The ironic thing is other than the lack of fountain, I actually think world celebration is an upgrade over what was there before. But that’s because it was mostly just concrete. But here they are paving over a river, one of the most scenic spots in the park, and also replacing it with an IP that doesn’t fit the theme of the area. No matter what they do, it will be a downgrade. RoA feels like part of the soul of MK, it’s so central it’s in EVERY castle version around the world. And they’re just going to pave over it like it’s nothing. And I’m sorry but it sounds ridiculous to basically say, “but don’t worry! There could be a waterfall!”

So are you saying if the water features you’re so certain are going to exist we’re diminished because of a ride that that’s a win? Would you also defend them paving over World Showcase Lagoon or Echo Lake?
1723677830812.png
1723677862573.png

If DCA with a PIT BOTTOM budget could build a lot of waterfalls, MK with a substantial budget can.

Dizknee_Phreek

Cars Expansion Coming to Magic Kingdom in Disney World - WDW Magazine
Disney World Is Adding a Villain-Themed Land to Magic Kingdom

Not one, two, but three pieces of artist renderings have water. Note that you can clearly see Big Thunder in the background of the second picture.
I mean...okay. But this was also the early artist rendering of TBA and we don't have a tree with a boat in it at the top of the hill.
1723677829021.png

Artist renderings are often much different than reality. I don't think people are questioning if there will be any water features at all. Just questioning what will actually make the final cut. And how long what we do get will be maintained.

psherman42

View attachment 809430View attachment 809432
If DCA with a PIT BOTTOM budget could build a lot of waterfalls, MK with a substantial budget can.
How do we know they’ll have a substantial budget? This also is only taken from the perspective of the ride. What about the rest of the area? Also, a waterfall is not the same as the river. I think this project could be great but my issue is placement. Put it literally *anywhere else, even push it back a bit to preserve the front of the river by LS would make me feel better about it.

peter11435

The ironic thing is other than the lack of fountain, I actually think world celebration is an upgrade over what was there before. But that’s because it was mostly just concrete. But here they are paving over a river, one of the most scenic spots in the park, and also replacing it with an IP that doesn’t fit the theme of the area. No matter what they do, it will be a downgrade. RoA feels like part of the soul of MK, it’s so central it’s in EVERY castle version around the world. And they’re just going to pave over it like it’s nothing. And I’m sorry but it sounds ridiculous to basically say, “but don’t worry! There could be a waterfall!”

The reality is that I do know that water features are planned. It’s not something I believe.

Obviously there could be another once in a lifetime event that shuts down the entire world and results in massive changes. But there’s literally no reason to think and plan like that.

The fact that you seem to think there will be no water in this entire area is more ridiculous than my statements that there will be. And I’m basing my statement on fact instead of cynical negativity.

Again, outside of Epcot. You have yet to show a project where water was “promised” and not delivered.

Bleed0range

The reality is that I do know that water features are planned. It’s not something I believe.

Obviously there could be another once in a lifetime event that shuts down the entire world and results in massive changes. But there’s literally no reason to think and plan like that.

The fact that you seem to think there will be no water in this entire area is more ridiculous than my statements that there will be. And I’m basing my statement on fact instead of cynical negativity.

Again, outside of Epcot. You have yet to show a project where water was “promised” and not delivered.

I’m mostly just worried about how the lack of a river affects Ls and HM. Waterfalls and water features are nice but will it ruin HM?

KDM31091

I mean...okay. But this was also the early artist rendering of TBA and we don't have a tree with a boat in it at the top of the hill.
View attachment 809431
Artist renderings are often much different than reality. I don't think people are questioning if there will be any water features at all. Just questioning what will actually make the final cut. And how long what we do get will be maintained.
This looks nothing like the uninspired Broccoli looking mountain we ended up with

KDM31091

Look at art for Galaxy's Edge
Look at art for New Fantasyland

Both have water in the concept art and there is no water to be found in either one.

psherman42

A lot of things can be planned but that still does not mean they’ll happen.

I have not said there won’t be any. What I am saying is that whatever water they have will not match what is there now and that is the problem. Again, if this area was going *anywhere else, I’d be fine with it. But it’s paving over the river that is the problem. No matter what water fountains or waterfalls they *may put, it’ll still be a loss.

ToTBellHop

And, to be fair, when projects have changed, we’ve gotten new art (like when the SDD trenches left).

In this case, I’m not expecting too much to change since construction is imminent. I get the impression Villain Land is much more fluid and liable to change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom