News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

peter11435

And, to be fair, when projects have changed, we’ve gotten new art (like when the SDD trenches left).

In this case, I’m not expecting too much to change since construction is imminent. I get the impression Villain Land is much more fluid and liable to change.
Yep. And when New Fantasyland was changed to include Mine Train we got new artwork. And all of the water depicted exists.

Fantasyland_Full_12619.jpg

Sir_Cliff

I didn't become a fan of Disney theme parks as a child because every ride was based on a movie I had seen.

I didn't keep going back as an adult because every new addition was based on the latest release.

I fell in love with The Magic Kingdom specifically because of the variety in settings, subjects and types of attractions.

Now everything is becoming a Disney movie ride, which makes the park less "Disney" to me.
This is 100% where I am.

I feel at this point Disney is interested in catering to families with children and "Disney adults" who live the brand in their daily lives.

If you either don't have kids begging you to go or are not the sort of person who is going to fill your house with Disney merchandise and suddenly become a fan of whatever the company acquires by virtue of it now being "Disney", I don't think they're really interested in you.

In a sense, that is logical and easy to understand. Overall, though, I think they're missing why Disney parks originally had such a big cultural impact. It really wasn't because people were fascinated with being able to experience rides and lands based on Disney films.

dothebrdwalk

So I realized while on a Disney Plus deep dive last night that this area will be based on the National Park as seen in "Planes: Fire and Rescue."

Piston Peak is gorgeous in the movie. If they nail this area, I think it may wind up being an upgrade. Definitely a vibe switch, less Frontierland and more Grizzly Peak but still if done properly..... You can see it in the video below.

Advisable Joseph

That's the current plan. Like I said, it can change to Launch Bay.
Here's the thing:

@Moth heard that Zootopia and Simpsons are planned to go over there.

IIRC on one Brayden's videos he mentions hearing that Zootopia is one of the franchises being pushed for WDW. In general, Zootopia is far more popular in the US than DisTwitter wants to believe.

@Moth also heard that Zootopia Land was pushed from Magic Kingdom.

So, do you:
* Replace Muppets courtyard with Monsters Inc.
Or
* Put Monsters Inc. in the Animation Courtyard, and in a curling-esque chain reaction send Zootopia land to northern Animal Kingdom?

Brer Panther

Dear lord, what is going on?
I currently have no pointers it's Imagination. Leaning towards a retheme of RnR.
Didn't the higher-ups reject a pitch to have the Electric Mayhem take over Rock 'n' Roller Coaster?
SGE sits empty, SM and CoP need major refurbs, the speedway continues to limp along, they never finished the makeover they started before TRON opened...
I feel like it's because Disney doesn't have any popular sci-fi IPs that don't already have representation at the parks.

TrainsOfDisney

From a UCF Hospitality professor with connections to Disney Parks
Hope he impressed his students with a great example of how to spin a story to make the company look good. They will need it if they want to work for Disney! Haha

If DCA with a PIT BOTTOM budget
$600 million - which is low for an entire park but just for info.

The reality is that I do know that water features are planned.
We all know that. We can see it. The reality is we don’t know what will or will not get cut.

Advisable Joseph

How do we know they’ll have a substantial budget? This also is only taken from the perspective of the ride. What about the rest of the area? Also, a waterfall is not the same as the river. I think this project could be great but my issue is placement. Put it literally *anywhere else, even push it back a bit to preserve the front of the river by LS would make me feel better about it.
The river itself is a major problem, per the professor I quoted above.

TrainsOfDisney

The river itself is a major problem, per the professor I quoted above.
no it’s not - there are many solutions to whatever real problem might or might not exist.

Simplest solution to all of the issues mentioned - fill in the top of the River, the riverboat goes in a small loop. No more dead end path. No more connection to the waterway, if that’s actually an issue. And now you have a perfect spot for your villians land.

the_rich

no it’s not - there are many solutions to whatever real problem might or might not exist.

Simplest solution to all of the issues mentioned - fill in the top of the River, the riverboat goes in a small loop. No more dead end path. No more connection to the waterway, if that’s actually an issue. And now you have a perfect spot for your villians land.
Then how do you get the boat off stage when it needs to be serviced? How do they drain the river for maintenance?

lazyboy97o

Why would it ruin HM?

Tokyos HM is nearly identical to ours and it’s never been on a river
Tokyo’s is usually considered the worst sited.

Yep. And when New Fantasyland was changed to include Mine Train we got new artwork. And all of the water depicted exists.

Fantasyland_Full_12619.jpg
Which is probably not being noticed because it’s rather poorly designed space, which continues to be a major problem.

TrainsOfDisney

If they really wanted to address operational issues they would have announced four new QSRs.
well they announced one is going to be a bar, does that count?

Others we’ve lost - Beasts Castle for Lunch, Tomorrowland Terrace, and Main Street Bakery - I’m happy to have Starbucks in the parks but we need a Main Street Sandwich shop as well.

Kamikaze

How do you think those parks became coaster heavy? Why do you think Disney has built so many recently and is building more? Coasters are what people say they want and generate the biggest response. The huge delta in visitation and revenue shows that people are actually very unreliable about what they want and the metrics they provide are not a tool that yields great themed experiences.
People want coasters, but not the MAJORITY of people view them as their primary reason for visiting a theme/amusement park. There's a reason coaster parks attendance peak is a fraction of Disney & Uni, and it isn't because 'Orlando'. Its because the varied themed experiences are what the majority of people want, not just 'big steel coaster go fast'.

Sneaky

Here's the thing:

@Moth heard that Zootopia and Simpsons are planned to go over there.

IIRC on one Brayden's videos he mentions hearing that Zootopia is one of the franchises being pushed for WDW. In general, Zootopia is far more popular in the US than DisTwitter wants to believe.

@Moth also heard that Zootopia Land was pushed from Magic Kingdom.

So, do you:
* Replace Muppets courtyard with Monsters Inc.
Or
* Put Monsters Inc. in the Animation Courtyard, and in a curling-esque chain reaction send Zootopia land to northern Animal Kingdom?
I am about to commit Disney fan treason. I think it should be option too, and also that option two, regrardless of theme, would be better for wdw as a whole.
It adds a new high demand, indoor, air conditioned dark ride to DAK, and a new type of one to the park, as opposed to DHS, where it would be more of the same and waste of animation courtyard, and zootopia and monstropolis in the same park would be just to same-ey. Also it could be spun into DAK as “humanities connection to animals and sense of kinship in them”. I think for the good or the resort, we may have to sacrifice DAKS theme a bit. But that’s just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom