News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

Brer Panther

Would Expedition Everest fit with a generic mountain coaster?
Well, we know that Bob Iger sure thinks so...
...for now.
Because that worked so well for Splash 🙄
It sure worked to get it rethemed.
Now we have Moana, where does that go? Animal Kingdom! Right, into Epcot.
I'd argue Moana does not fit in Animal Kingdom and would be better off in the Magic Kingdom. Specifically, in Adventureland. Surely there's room.
Leaning towards a retheme of RnR.
Let me guess... Zootopia? Simpsons?

jason976

Well, we know that Bob Iger sure thinks so...

...for now.

It sure worked to get it rethemed.

I'd argue Moana does not fit in Animal Kingdom and would be better off in the Magic Kingdom. Specifically, in Adventureland. Surely there's room.

Let me guess... Zootopia? Simpsons?
I like the Simpsons okay but having it in a Disney park is not exciting. It still feels like Universal regardless of ownership. My fear is that someone said “hey. We already have a donut on RnR. Let’s just turn all the signs in the ride to Springfield and change the audio track and be done.” 😂

Animaniac93-98

Which brings up another question, will this impact Columbia Harbour House?

I previously felt that Disney wouldn't go to the trouble of retheming Liberty Square because of the expense involved, but I think it's entirely possible at least some buildings get altered.

Columbia Harbour House could be turned into the long rumored HM restaurant, for example.

bwr827

No one can explain why ROA/TSI should even remain other than it’s already there. The place is a ghost town.
It’s a long thread so maybe you skipped all the comments that clearly explain why.

I don’t agree with those comments, but amid the noise there have been clear cases made about the look, feel, vibe, history, etc. - regardless of those two attractions being used.

Animaniac93-98

Magic Kingdom already has an example of a ride put into a space decades after design with less than ideal results.

Magic Carpets of Aladdin physically fits into that corner of Adventureland, but it sticks out because the aesthetic and scale does not match the surrounding area. Some effort was made to dress up the existing shops as a middle eastern bazaar, but it's ornamentation that doesn't carry the theme enough or hide the attraction from all angles.

You could say the ride is cheap and that's why it looks bad, but a more expensive version of the attraction like in TDS would still clash in front of the Sunshine Pavilion and be visible above the roofline from Frontierland.

I worry Cars will be another example of this. Yes, more money is involved and rockwork looks nicer than plastic carpets, but as I've tried to explain Disney parks are more than just individual elements placed wherever.

SoFloMagic

Wouldn't it be weird if everyone waited to see before they judged it? How do you all know that it won't have water, or shade, or kinetic energy?

You're getting yourselves all worked up about something that's already been decided and may end up being a good thing. Hit the pause button and bring the outrage back in 2029 if this is terrible.

doctornick

There's something potentially being announced possibly as soon as next Destination D23 just as work starts on RoA that can be open as early as late 2026 to soften the blow for fans for another park. It'll be a fan favorite if it happens.

Disney has plans for 2026. I've heard some stuff, others have heard some stuff. Let's see where stuff happens.

Stuff.
simple question: would this me something actually new as in going somewhere where there is nothing in guest use? Or would this be a replacement of something?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoFloMagic

There's been plenty of hints to that, but I would presume going into RNR, right? Or would it be some sort of new build?

Edit: I went back and see it was a specific reference to RNR. So, whatever. I'm sure that could fine, but doesn't really improve DHS. It needs additions not replacements.
Incredicoaster 2.0

But actually 0.5 because rnrc is a worse ride system than California screamin

doctornick

Maybe they would give us the same restraints they have on Hyperspace Mountain in Paris? That would improve things immensely.

And the baby-on-a-stick gag would work better in a dark room.

I think an Incredibles theme to RNR would actually be a decent shift and agree that doing the theming in a dark show building would likely work better than the outdoor coaster in DCA.

But it doesn't remotely solve what DHS needs. It's just rearranging deck chairs.

Wake me up when they actually add to that park. I'm assuming it will be like 2050 or something.

SoFloMagic

I think an Incredibles theme to RNR would actually be a decent shift and agree that doing the theming in a dark show building would likely work better than the outdoor coaster in DCA.

But it doesn't remotely solve what DHS needs. It's just rearranging deck chairs.

Wake me up when they actually add to that park. I'm assuming it will be like 2050 or something.
Would replacing a theater show and two stores that have been closed since covid with a theater show and an E-ticket coaster qualify?

ToTBellHop

Oh, agreed. I am continually shocked that they drag their heels on replacing some freakin’ offices with an actual expansion that adds a few rides and improves flow around the park. The park has such a bizarre flow and they refuse to improve it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom