News Cars-Themed Attractions at Magic Kingdom

doctornick

Maybe they would give us the same restraints they have on Hyperspace Mountain in Paris? That would improve things immensely.

And the baby-on-a-stick gag would work better in a dark room.

I think an Incredibles theme to RNR would actually be a decent shift and agree that doing the theming in a dark show building would likely work better than the outdoor coaster in DCA.

But it doesn't remotely solve what DHS needs. It's just rearranging deck chairs.

Wake me up when they actually add to that park. I'm assuming it will be like 2050 or something.

SoFloMagic

I think an Incredibles theme to RNR would actually be a decent shift and agree that doing the theming in a dark show building would likely work better than the outdoor coaster in DCA.

But it doesn't remotely solve what DHS needs. It's just rearranging deck chairs.

Wake me up when they actually add to that park. I'm assuming it will be like 2050 or something.
Would replacing a theater show and two stores that have been closed since covid with a theater show and an E-ticket coaster qualify?

ToTBellHop

Oh, agreed. I am continually shocked that they drag their heels on replacing some freakin’ offices with an actual expansion that adds a few rides and improves flow around the park. The park has such a bizarre flow and they refuse to improve it.

STITCHGEFAN

Jungle Cruise is an operational headache, relies on a worldview that is antiquated at best, and all the “dad” jokes are triggering to those with complicated relationships to their own fathers. It’s time has passed. Plus, building out would be an environmental headache. Moana speaks to the current generation better. We won’t be taking any questions on this.
Without trying to cause further hysteria, I can see a Magic Kingdom without Jungle Cruise. Tastes change through generations, and Jungle Cruise's humour and charm, from my experience, is hitting less and less with a younger demographic. I can't see Jungle Cruise being in MK 15 years from now.

It's part of the reason TSI has lost its appeal, playing and adventuring outdoors just isn't as popular now (which is another conversation completely). The days of playing Capture the Flag (which TSI is tremendous for) are all but gone. What are classics to many people on this forum are archaic and, dare I say, boring to many others.

Some attractions simply aren't timeless, and sadly, TSI & ROA are among them. I don't think it's unfair to say they are appreciated less now than ever before by visitors, and that will always tell eventually. It will see a similar fate for almost every single attraction on site at some point, as unfathomable as that may seem now.

I'm personally nervous about losing Liberty Belle because I love the charm and ambience it brings to the Frontierland waterfront, and it's one of my earliest memories when I think about MK. But will that bother the majority? I can't answer that with conviction. Will more people appreciate the entire area after the changes? Almost certainly.

I understand the resentment, but I think some people are forgetting what they think is best isn't necessarily an opinion held by the majority.

PREMiERdrum

Maybe they would give us the same restraints they have on Hyperspace Mountain in Paris? That would improve things immensely.
The Vekoma restraints are a fairly direct swap - I'm surprised we haven't seen them here already.
And the baby-on-a-stick gag would work better in a dark room.
Proper, sequential lighting in a controlled environment would help just about all of ICs scenes.

LSLS

I’m not convinced a large theater show can actually fit. I’m thinking any show would need to be tiny.
That's what I can't figure out. People really aren't comprehending the size of the Muppets Courtyard. Slinky Dog by itself takes up more area than the entire Muppets Courtyard plus the little lot behind it.

Edited to add, we probably need to move all this discussion over to Monsters thread.

doctornick

Would replacing a theater show and two stores that have been closed since covid with a theater show and an E-ticket coaster qualify?

If you are talking about Mermaid, then no not remotely enough. Adding that back helps a little, but they literally need a ton more to do. And removing MuppetVision, the only notable continuously running show in the park (sorry but the Mickey shorts isn't anything special) makes touring DHS worse.

I actually like the idea of adding Monstropolis. It's a great IP for that park. But it should be build on currently backstage land, not replace anything already open, and contain at least 2 rides + another show/flat ride/playground + M&Gs.

What they've presented and seem to be planning doesn't actually help the park (maybe marginally). But they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars shuffling deckchairs.

ToTBellHop

The Vekoma restraints are a fairly direct swap - I'm surprised we haven't seen them here already.
I was shocked they weren’t added to Flight Force. That was a really painful ride for me. Much worse than RnRC. The new restraints really help on Hyperspace Mountain. The last thing they should want is people avoiding a ride because it’s a headbanger.

PREMiERdrum

I was shocked they weren’t added to Flight Force. That was a really painful ride for me. Much worse than RnRC. The new restraints really help on Hyperspace Mountain. The last thing they should want is people avoiding a ride because it’s a headbanger.
Can relate - I grew up with Cedar Point (Corkscrew) and Kings Island (Vortex) as my home parks. Thank goodness concussions didn't exist back then...

doctornick

I don’t see how the coaster fits without being on the MV plot and behind it. It’s pretty compact but coasters still need a good deal of space.

If you take out Mama Melrose (and the main store), you could build the door coaster on backstage area space and keep the MV theater intact. You'd have to redirect the perimeter road, but that's a relatively trivial thing to do.

SoFloMagic

If you are talking about Mermaid, then no not remotely enough. Adding that back helps a little, but they literally need a ton more to do. And removing MuppetVision, the only notable continuously running show in the park (sorry but the Mickey shorts isn't anything special) makes touring DHS worse.

I actually like the idea of adding Monstropolis. It's a great IP for that park. But it should be build on currently backstage land, not replace anything already open, and contain at least 2 rides + another show/flat ride/playground + M&Gs.

What they've presented and seem to be planning doesn't actually help the park (maybe marginally). But they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars shuffling deckchairs.
If you think replacing muppets (that isn't even popular enough for fastpass) with an e-ticket coaster isn't going to help the park then I don't know how to help you.

Also, if you like what they're building, great. You don't get to decide where they build it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom